Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD in NY

jp24

I just got back from NY and the club scene is incredible, but I have to say it's way too overrated!! Every club I went to was like a hotbox. The clubs were packed like sardine cans and I had to fight my way to get from one point to another and everyone was smoking in the club. Thank god LA has that smoking rule. I saw PVD at Twilo and he was good but I didn't enjoy it has much as I did when I saw him at the Giant. Who could enjoy it when it's that hot and packed. Some poor guy even died that night at the club from doing E....and from dehydration. NY is cool and I will go back there to party again but I love LA!!

yea everything gets overrated... I loved the London scene, but the way people talk about it.. you always think it'll be better than it is.

And yea NY clubs in the summer are way hot and smokey!

I came here for a change...

--did you ever make it to sound factory?

the twilo story: http://www.nypostonline.com/news/33566.htm

[This message has been edited by trinity23 (edited 07-24-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by jp24:

I just got back from NY and the club scene is incredible, but I have to say it's way too overrated!! Every club I went to was like a hotbox. The clubs were packed like sardine cans and I had to fight my way to get from one point to another and everyone was smoking in the club. Thank god LA has that smoking rule. I saw PVD at Twilo and he was good but I didn't enjoy it has much as I did when I saw him at the Giant. Who could enjoy it when it's that hot and packed. Some poor guy even died that night at the club from doing E....and from dehydration. NY is cool and I will go back there to party again but I love LA!!

He didn't die from E, he od'd on GHB.

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

if it was too hot and too packed for you then you should have stayed away from twilo until 5. Unless you one of those people who leave by that time, b/c 5 is when it just starts to get good. His set on the 21st was probably the best set i've ever heard. He stopped playing around 10 and the from 6-10 the music was unreal. Oh but i forgot, you were probabaly gone by 430 w/ all the other lightweights rolleyes.gif

and how could you compare his set at giant to twilo??? He spun about an 8 hour set at twilo. How long did he spin giant, 2 or 3 hours rolleyes.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 08-08-2000).]

WOW......I must apologize to mr. heavyweight PFloyd. You sound like a really really cool "club kid." Can I hang out with you. Maybe you could teach me a few things on how to party...idiot

exactly puffs....the guy doesn't even know me and he's runnin' off at the mouth talking about me being a lightweight and so on. I'm also not trying to compare how much PVD spun at twilo or at giant. It doesn't even matter, because he's incredible no matter where he spins. All I said is that it was too hot and packed.....Now don't get me wrong, i love to go clubbing, but some people take their clubbing WAY to seriously!

I agree with JP24,,pfloyd should take a chill pill.where are you anyways,,,if you aint in LA then you arent a true clubber...myself i dont really like clubs cause of idiots like you...i preffer gatherings and desert parties...but you wouldnt know anything about that. And people who leave early arent light weights,,,they are just anxious to get home and jump in the jaccuzzi and light up and doobie...aint that right JP...but all i have to say is Christopher lawrence sept 9 GIANT.....

and all i was trying to say is that if you can't take the crowd then go there later. Your the one who started ranking on ny b/c the place was packed. And i'm sure if it was empty then you woulda complained about that too. I agree it was definetly way too hot though.

As for psytrance, if i aint' in LA then i'm not a true clubber??? are you serious??? LMAO That was some good shit bro. NY is the mecca of clubbing and your telling me that your 4 am lights on music off everyone get the hell out clubs in LA are the real deal? rolleyes.gif Maybe if you experienced a twilo style pvd set or a 16 hour marathon JP set at Sound Factory then you would know what nyc style clubbing is all about.

i'm not trying to rag on LA b/c i've never been there. Actually i have heard some good things, but don't rag on nyc b/c when it really comes down to it, LA can't compare.

Oh and you dont' like clubs cuz of idiots like me? Just as jp stated, you dont' even know me yet your calling me an idiot rolleyes.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Okay - so why not a bitch a little bit more cause you went to a couple of the places that are ENTIRELY too packed cause they're filled with people like YOU - tourists - Maybe if you had gone to some of the smaller clubs, you would have had a better time . . . so you wouldn't have sweat your puuurty lil face off. Twilo USED to be incredible until all these random people decided they should check it out showed up. Now it's insanely packed, leaving no room for what's left of the regular crowd (you know - those of us that can manage to make it past 5 am or so, cause that's when the party really gets started).

Anyways, I'm with Rob - PVD's set was absolutely amazing that night . . . and as always, PVD really plays some unreal shit for the REAL crowd that's left when early morning hits, and all the lil babies go home to mommy and daddy . . .

Did we ever think maybe the clubs are so packed cause SO MANY PEOPLE WANT TO GO TO THEM? imagine that, people bitching about popularity . . . people never fail to amaze me with the way their minds work . . .

rob - rolleyes.gif take a chill pill rolleyes.gif don't wanna get these Cra-azy hardcore LA club goers upset now - could be a RIOT, that's one of those good things I've heard about LA . . . maybe we could turn one into a rave . . . rolleyes.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Brandie never posts anything in the LA section so it is very obvious that PFloyd went runnin to her for moral support. That's very sweet of you, I'm sure he appreciates that, but I didn't realize that posting up this topic about PVD was going to get way out of hand. I love NY, afterall I am from NY originally, but I don't want to start some stupid East coast-West coast thing about who's clubs are better. I know now to keep my mouth shut!! I will no longer waste my time and respond to anything else said about the matter, except for thank you so much for proving my point that some people (hint, hint) take their clubbing WAY to seriously! If you take the time to actually make it out that club door you would know!Good Bye

Originally posted by brandie:

Okay - so why not a bitch a little bit more cause you went to a couple of the places that are ENTIRELY too packed cause they're filled with people like YOU - tourists - Maybe if you had gone to some of the smaller clubs, you would have had a better time . . . so you wouldn't have sweat your puuurty lil face off. Twilo USED to be incredible until all these random people decided they should check it out showed up. Now it's insanely packed, leaving no room for what's left of the regular crowd (you know - those of us that can manage to make it past 5 am or so, cause that's when the party really gets started).

Anyways, I'm with Rob - PVD's set was absolutely amazing that night . . . and as always, PVD really plays some unreal shit for the REAL crowd that's left when early morning hits, and all the lil babies go home to mommy and daddy . . .

Did we ever think maybe the clubs are so packed cause SO MANY PEOPLE WANT TO GO TO THEM? imagine that, people bitching about popularity . . . people never fail to amaze me with the way their minds work . . .

rob - rolleyes.gif take a chill pill rolleyes.gif don't wanna get these Cra-azy hardcore LA club goers upset now - could be a RIOT, that's one of those good things I've heard about LA . . . maybe we could turn one into a rave . . . rolleyes.gif

luv,

brandie

Now this is REALLY funny! Oh all the NY clubs are so packed because of tourists??? I don't think so, oh it couldn't be juiceheads from LI (which I am orig from,so I do know), Jerzee or Shaolin sweating up

the place, now???? The "ORIG" crowd you refer to @ Twilo is not B&T, so you obviously are not the ORIG crowd yourself, so you chill out!

The big popular clubs in NYC are hot and sweaty because they are popular, fine...why are you arguing the fact that most of them ARE sweat boxes????? eek.gif

No, we weren't talking about the smaller clubs or lounges - and jp did visit them and I think enjoyed them...?

One comment on how Twilo was "THAT" particular night! Suck it up, and admit it!

It was f*cking HOT!

rolleyes.gif

it's okay . . . it DOES get hot inside clubs, no one is going to deny that . . . but if you look at twilo in the past few months, half the people there barely speak english - i've had guy approach me, and when asking them where they're from, they've said ireland, some place in AFRICA, etc . . .

and yeah, the juiceheads are def. there - but there are less considering it's summertime and there are places on the jerzeee shore where they can run around with no shirts on, and places in the hamptons . . . twilo, however, is DEF. not all juiceheads, cause if it was, i wouldn't be there if God was spinnin', cause i can't deal with them. biggrin.gif sorry.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

lets face it guys they are two different types of club scenes...lets all just get along and enjoy where we are at...and lets accept turist cause i know if any of you NY clubbers came out here we would be partying with you guys all night..you guys should fly out one of these days and see how crazy our underground scene is here...

Exactly!! I'd gladly be a tour guide for an NYC clubber, especially Brandie wink.gif or anyone else. Let's not start a west coast/east coast thing again, that's played out. I think JP's statement was taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. I'm glad to see everyone on our board stick together though, especially the NYC transplants. No offense meant, but I love the west coast...born and raised, I think I'll stay right here.

okok..

to quote pfloyd:

"As for psytrance, if i aint' in LA then i'm not a true clubber??? are you serious??? LMAO That was some good shit bro. NY is the mecca of clubbing and your telling me that your 4 am lights on music off everyone get the hell out clubs in LA are the real deal? "

--we ALL now NY is hardcore, I was there my entire life. BUT there are alot of afterhours in LA and amazing parties where they DON'T turn the lights on @ 4am. You just have to know where to go.

--I've been here over a year and I wouldn't compare anything to NY - BUT it's nice to be out of hot and sweaty SFactory, Exit etc...

- just one observation about places out here, there is usually space and outdoor patios..besides the desert parties

I have many wonderful amazing memories from NY clubs, and have new ones everytime I go back...

BUT why would you jump on JP's back for saying when he was out the place was a sweat box..... we ALL know it definitely was...

tongue.gif

- just my 2cents

gonna be out there sept.21st

peace! and cool to have some NY'ers representing, and of course causing some drama!

wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Been partying for years and in places all over the world. And it doesn't matter where you are. As long as the music good, the people and cool and the vibes right, that what its about. Having new experiences and meeting great people. Hope I could say that next time I'm in LaLa land.

Ooooooo Drama!!

NO WAY, I have to say DC is the BEST of them all!!! j/k (actually DC isnt all that bad, esp now I hear GU is going to start appearing regularly there).

Chill folks...tho I personally like NYC clubs better than anything in the US, the desert raves out west are the shitz....amazing from what I hear (tho now I'm also hearing that there are regular outlaws raves in NYC graveyards?!?!)

Like Starchildnyc says....its all about the music, the people and the VIBE!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived