Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Impressions of Mirage Nightclub in Longisland.

I went to Mirage yesterday. I had to check out there Wednesday party, which everyone was raving about. Mirage used to be this place called Sprats which was tiny. They totally rebuilt the place and made it the biggest club in LongIsland. The place was large. There had to be 2000 to 2500 people there. I couldn't believe the amount of people there. The thing that stood out, there were more woman there then guys. I think thats a first. This place was like the Playboy mansion. Everywhere you looked, there was woman.

It was mainly a 20s crowd, which was good. One thing I noticed, that I never saw in Longisland Clubs, they got female stage dancers. There were like 5 dancers in very sexy outfits. Only thing I wanted, was to see Vixenfoxxy as one of those dancers.

One of the dancers was Johnny Vicious girlfriend. Carson Daly and his MTV crew were there. Then Mr Johnny Vicious walks in the place. I got to thank Bob G. He showed me around the place. I got to meet Johnny Vicious, Jason Oheda, Carson Daly and the owner of Mirage, thanks to Bob. I told Johnny of my dream match up, Johnny Vicious verse Kid Vicious. That was funny. I really wanted to talk to him about TrentBeefpile on CP. I wanted to tell him to send Trent an email, about how to get miraculous hair. lol. I told the owner of Mirage, he should get Vixenfoxxy as one of the dancers. Vixen will really shake up that place. What I liked, the lighting was really good. It wasn't dark like in City clubs. People were telling me, 3000 people are at Mirage on Saturday. I'll definitely check this out. All in all a great night.

Originally posted by girly

Mirage wednesdays and saturdays<~~ Nuff said:aright: dan great review.. even though the music isn't what people that post on here would consider great music, the place is beautiful, always packed and always a good time..:D

I'm getting dizzy looking at your sig.

bito21, Mirage is exaxtly where Sprats used to be. Its like 5 minutes from Fortunoffs in Westbury. Bito, you will be amazed when you see the new Mirage. They made it so large. Its nothing like what Sprats was. Sprats was the size of a bar. Mirage is now the largest club in Longisland. One thing I forgot to mention, they do have a dress code. They also have 3 huge giant screen tvs and plasma tvs all over the place.

SFTunnel76, Admission is 10 dollars for guys. Woman get in for free on Wednesday. It opens at 10 pm and I think closes at 4 30 or 5 am. I left at 4 am and it still had a nice crowd.

i thought it was a 30-40's (year old) on wednesday? did i hear wrong or is it that the younger took over....what type of music...can you name a few.... i live here on long island, but honestly i am not fond of the nite-life here. i rather hate it. however, i am curious now from your review...how much is it also...if these are too many questions, do they have a web-site to look at?

Originally posted by Taub

location? garden city? or towards hicksville?

its in westbury on merrick ave, right down the road from micro center and fridays.. i live walking distance.. but still havent been there.. maybe its the thought of paying $10 to get into someplace i can walk to on long island.. or maybe its b/c none of the music they have there interests me.. (bingo.) it does look nice though

As for Saturdays......if your going there for the music forget it. Music is very mainstream.....but it's more about the party and atmosphere. Place is gorgeous......one of the nicest and biggest clubs Iv'e ever been to. Could be darker and the music could be better......but that's just me. Girls everywhere and you have to dress decent. DO NOT WEAR JEANS......they won't let you if that's the case. Also I strongly recommend you get there before midnight unless you don't mind waiting or have girls with you. Musci has been getting a lil better each week.........and is overall a great time. Mostly drinking crowd.....but of course there are your other types. I don't recommend bringing party favors b/c the bouncers are watching and won't hesitate to 86 your ass for good. I saw a people getting tossed L and R last week so be careful......otherwise have fun.;)

Originally posted by danwilson

ghhhhost :finger2:

Ally, the Stage dancers at Mirage were ok. They just lacked something. I know you would get the crowd going. You got a personality, where you would create excitement.

Hahahaha come to Saci next week when I'm dancing - prove you really exist and I'll hook you up with drinks for the whole night :) Is JV's gf in charge of the dancers there as well? If so I should really get off my dead arse and contact her.