Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone here play a sport?

pookie23

HIGH SCHOOL: BASEBALL (1ST BASE, 3RD BASE, OUTFIELD AND PITCHER) AND BASKETBALL (SHOOTING GUARD)

i had a try out in college with Florida Internation Univ...to pitch..i had the appt. with the head coach set...but i decided to NOT go..i figured i had a better chance of becoming a Lawyer than a prof. baseball player...(i know i know...i was stupid):(

I ran Cross Country for 2 years in HS........

Played Volleyball 4 years in HS.......(1st Team All-League, 1st Team All-Region)

Played Volleyball in College for 2 years.......(1st Team All-League, Team Leader in most Digs, winner of the Iron Man award for starting every game).....

I was Head Coach for a HS Varsity Volleyball team for 1 year (then I moved to Pittsburgh to finish college, so my dad took over as head coach)......

And now, I just play golf.......

Lola:eek:

Originally posted by spragga25

I played football, b-ball and track in HS

Stuck to only track in college...I was okay - won a few meets here and there ;)

For those who never played Division 1 sports in college don't realize it is like a full time job, you can only really play one sport unless you're Bo Jackson.

My real list includes:

Football, Wrestling, Baseball in HS......Varsity on all 3, all state in Wrestling and Baseball

Wrestling in college....lettered 2 years

I was also on the golf team my senior year in HS when I just went to tournaments and matches. Golf is not a sport so I couldn't list that there......

In HS, I was a 6'1" power forward. Got kicked up from JV as a sophomore because half the team got kicked off for not making grades. Guarding a 7'2" guy who went on to be a college star was seriously not fun (Alexander Koul...went to GW), but had to do it for a while since I was the second tallest guy on the team. However, in the one game I will forever treasure, I actually had a triple-double against Boca Ciega (in JV....whatever.....points, rebounds, steals....not that steals were officially scored). Due to our 1-22 record in varsity the year that half the team got kicked off, the coach that liked me resigned, and I broke my foot playing tennis before tryouts the next year. Also played about 1/3 a season of tennis in HS, until the aforementioned broken foot. That's my retarded athletic career. Not horrible for a guy with no athletic ability and no coordination....

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

ur joke was weak...u were fat in highschool, ur fat now...STFU...have a nice day;)

so I guess you know some of my gf's in braddock huh? when they say I was fat, they meant it in another sence... ;)

anyways I was expecting alot more than "you are fat" from you.... I guess you are losing your touch.

Originally posted by dnice35

so I guess you know some of my gf's in braddock huh? when they say I was fat, they meant it in another sence...

they say "fat" people keep to their kind...and trust me...they (ur ex gf) commented on everything....and they really never had ANYTHING good to say about THAT...they spoke mostly on negative terms about THAT...poor girls...no wonder they turned into sluts after u...they were dick hungry after dating u...

btw, u spell it "sense" not "sence"....dumb ass:rolleyes:

In HS, I ran cross country for 3 years..

Played softball for 4..

and my senior year was my HS mascot..the MIGHTY VIKING! :laugh: :laugh:

I also played softball in college and in town leagues after up until 3 years ago when i was smacked in the face with a fly ball and broke my cheekbone in half!:eek: :eek: :eek::(

Originally posted by incredulous

shit, are you ok???

I am now. But I haven't played softball since and I LOVE the game..:(

I was going for a fly ball and I took my eye off it for a sec..I look back up and it landed on my cheek/eye. My cheek bone cracked down the middle ..had major surgery and everything and the best thing about it..not a scar on my face..;)

Thanks for asking!!:)