Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Long story (Tunnel rats will appreciate)15 mins to read

jrb

the tunnel made me the clubrat i am today.....i use to love chillin in the mezzanine lounge with jen and mike and all the rest of my hofstra alum and all them trannies (who would always have the best e and k) def use to love the last room of the long hallway right before the area with the mirrors and the couches...didnt watch myself screwing any girls there....;):tongue: ...you seriously just brought back some memories ill never forget from that place..it just sucks that they are memories now and not last nights experiences.....1

summers of 96 and 97.... was there every friday and saturday. i also walked past twilo because i thought it was gay, and regretted it every weekend after that... but this from the guy who entered tunnel on the kurfew side (because it was cheaper and you could hang out in the whole club, hahahahaha). oh man i miss that place. definitely some of the best experiences, both clubbing and otherwise, of my life.

Originally posted by dialectics

but this from the guy who entered tunnel on the kurfew side (because it was cheaper and you could hang out in the whole club, hahahahaha). oh man i miss that place. definitely some of the best experiences, both clubbing and otherwise, of my life.

The side entrance RULED! :D :D :D

Originally posted by elementx

LoL I remember my friends girl was sitting in the speaker when Fright Train came on ... And it was not bad until the fuckin Airhorn blaired through the speaker... I never saw someone jump so fast to get away from something... I think she almost shit herself...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....I remember one night "Fright Train" was played at least 4 TIMES!!!! :laugh: and I got sooo excited everytime it came on...lol

I also remeber getting one of the most interesing compliments from this kid when I was dancing in the dowstairs room where they were playing jungle...the kid comes up to me and says, "You have amazing Motor Skills" hehehehe

Great Story bro, and welcome to the board.

I agree completely with MSoprano that there is nothing that comes close to what the Tunnel used to be like. I would say that it was indescribable, but you did a great job of describing it.

Your story def shows one thing about Tunnel; that there were so many different groups of people there.

I went at least 25 times, and never hooked up with anyone there(I wasn't looking for it though), and you were getting ass all over the place.

It's funny that we may have passed each other in the halls there at some point.

The music from that night does sound cheesy though! :laugh:

Who the hell was the Sat night resident by that point, Steven Zorr? Does anyone know?

I only went on Fridays, for Eddie. Eddie used to rip it apart.

Those days are gone, and as much as I hope, I don't think they are ever coming back......

Bassboy...

The funny thing is that I never hooked up with anyone after that night. But it was my first foray into the scene and I just let it all hang out.

After that, all i wanted to do was talk to people, listen to the music, meet new people,...etc. I did and it was f***in great.

Im not sure if you remember those tracks, but they were the ones that I remembered everyone loved back then....a little cheese never hurt anyone...lol

take care bro

jrb

Originally posted by jrb

Bassboy...

The funny thing is that I never hooked up with anyone after that night. But it was my first foray into the scene and I just let it all hang out.

After that, all i wanted to do was talk to people, listen to the music, meet new people,...etc. I did and it was f***in great.

Im not sure if you remember those tracks, but they were the ones that I remembered everyone loved back then....a little cheese never hurt anyone...lol

take care bro

jrb

Oh man, believe me, I was living those tracks back then. Especially "Ecstasy" and the whole nine. My personal favs were the stuff that Plasmis Honey was putting out like:

-Take me to the Top

-Ride the Trip

-Afrika, etc...

It was what was cutting edge back then, I hear you.

In terms of the hooking up side of it, I was in the Kurfew room one night and these two dope girls wander in and onto a couch next to me and my boy tripping their faces off. My boy was like "Whoaa" and starts making out with this one chick. About 30 seconds later, her BF storms in and this whole bullshit starts....

She was just banged up and "went for a walk" like everybody, but you never knew who you were talking to there.

I also remember one time when I bought from a house dealer. That was great. We are trying to be all DL and shit, right in front of some bouncers, and this guy shouts "You want E?" Then he goes up to some people on a couch right in front of a bouncer and orders them to get the fuck up. He whipps out a bag with mad hits and just did it right there....

Some wild shit in that place. Some wild Shit.

I wish Tunnel was still open now:( :(

That was my home every weekend for a longggggg time.

Unfortunately I didnt get to go when it was REALLY good, my first time was in February of 99.

The Ectasy song brings back soooo many memories.

After my first night at tunnel, I was never the same, its like that one night changed me so much.

Its been almost a year and a half since it closed, and I still miss it like crazy

:( :(

and lets not forget Kurfew and the fuzzy room and the drag shows:D even though now its been moved to Twirl I think.

RIP TUNNEL

:( :(

-Romina

Good G-D man! Kick ass job on the story.....This may sound sappy but my eyes literally began to swell with tears.

I first hit tunnel in 95 and went there religiously every weekend until all the shit went down with the cops. I gotta say though, as far as the "fag" narrowmindedness, I think a lot of people were that way in the beginning. I know I was but it was simply because I was an "unknowing" Catholic school girl and the guys who were in my group made it seem like it was a bad thing to be gay. But once I finally worked my way down to the fuzzy room and hung out with that amazing group, I realized how completely wrong they all were. I respect your honesty with your story and think it's a good thing you expressed exactly what you were feeling then. I'm sure many of us can all relate to that and see the error in our ways.

Regardless, Tunnel was something that will never again be. Just as Twilo was. But seriouslly now, the scenes indoors, in my opinon were COMPLETELY different. You can't compare the two clubs. Tunnel was one of the first places I went and was the first club I rolled in. Everything you recited was exactly how I felt. I still remember when my UFO hit that night and I was walking through the crowd in my all velvet outfit with shoelace boa and people rubbing my arms as they passed by. I was confused yet elated. Mostly because my then boyfriend had no problem with the touchy feely attitude of our fellow clubbers. The vibe in that place cracked me sooo hard that I had to keep on returning. That place had some great memories and your story brought all of them back and then some!

Kudos to you! Thanks for the memories...