Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish The Review

sobeton

Man oh man, i got to say that i dont agree with some of you here. I wasnt there to experience the red room at midnight but I can only imagine. It was a nice start by the dish, I thought. Arriving just before 2:00am, I walked in without an ounce of liqour and was looking to pace my self for a long night and day. The short haired one of the 2 dish boys was on when I arrived and i thought he set the mood right for a long set. Throwing down some hypno-melodic stuff that had me in it. Then the long haired one, Sharam I think, followed picking up the pace with more of a funky tech sound at times. Sometime in the night, I cant remember when, maybe about 4:00am I walked out onto the patio where Rollie was throwing things down. Some nice stuff, keeping me moving before he unloaded the heavy stuff around 5:00am. Incredible! I heard it all, proggressive a small dose of tribal and even some breaks. Kept it Proggressive mostly and changed it up nice. There was this one track that had this sick repetitive sound effect around 6:00am that was unreal. then he brought things down for Ivano. I am into what the lunar sesions has been doing. Biz and Rollie have really created an atmosphere out there on that patio. the fire girl out there was really cool. how does she hold that fire ball without getting burned? Sometime after 8:00am I decided it was time to hit the blue room again and sharam was handing it to the other dish. This is were I enjoyed most of their set. I ended up staying till about 10:00am with some old friends I ran into and had a great time. My feet were killing me, so it was time to hit the sack I thought and that I did as soon as I hit the back seat of my friends car and thats where it ended. Overall, the dish boys get an 8 of 10 rating but I have to say Rollie and lunar sesions was my highlight. Didnt get a t-shirt or anything, but i was schooled by some kick ass tunes.:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the night could have been alot better...i caught myself saying that all the way home from Space...if it wasnt for the people i was with at Space...i would have hated it even more...big mistake packing that red room for that long...my face was up against that metal door....we were packed like sardines and if u wanted to get a drink, FOR GET ABOUT IT....no way that u could make it over to the bar...terrible terrible planning by whoever...then DD comes in after Roly (who had a great opening set..too bad no one could dance to it, cuz were packed in like sardines) and DD starts of their set with a reggae song:zzz: ....DD took long to get warm and hardly anyone was moving...just bodies bobbing their heads on the dancefloor....THEN they dont open the Patio till 3 am, another bad move....but when they did open it, the bodies poured out into the Patio to escape from the snoozer set that DD was throwing...Roly was going off in the patio, much better then DD...he threw a remix of Blue Monday (someone said it was the Zabiela rmx)...but DD got better around 530, too bad i left Space at 545 cuz i could not take it anymore and Edgar V had killed me the night before at Oxygen....like i said, the people that i was with made my night...good seeing: Meli, Koky, Steffy, X-treme, Lola, Saleen, thehog, KT (lola's friend), Sobeton, Mrmovement, Digital, Laliux, happyface, Marcos (forgot ur screen name), shroomy and wifey, GA2 and nightstar (first night at a club...as man and wife), beatfriek, biz, roly and AndrewThomas (listening to the CD now as we speak so far so good i am on track #4;) )...i will prob. check out DD again, this is the first time that they really let me down....

ps

great meeting Esance...its about time we meet...;)

Well, after reading all the reviews I am definitely glad that I didn't waste any of my time seeing DD. I rather watch Lord of Rings II twice in one day (which I must add was awesome) as I did this past Saturday. A little inside info I am a true fan of Lord of Rings that is the only reason why someone can get me into a theater and watch the movie again. :grin:

Guest saleen351

lots of ass, no problem on saving you and that hot model. I really only caught her so she would not damage those lovely bolt ons:D feel free to email spacious and his merry band of clueless security fucks... though hes not man enough to say thanks on a public message board, hance just another reason, i'm retired from space... They will have my resination letter after i get back from nj, where i can hear some real tunes.... this thrusday, me and joey carbone are hitting Joeys in clifton NJ, up by the meadowlands, for some guido fist pumping action....

Anyone who really enjoyed DD set is just clueless on music. It was trance with a house beat... Same boring bpm all the way threw... Only had spurts of a good set, maybe 10 mins long each. Miami is too complacent with their djs.. They don't demand as much as the northeast people

at 7am, DD broke it down, and for the build up, i'm yelling at lots of ass, "maybe they'll finally drop some diva vocals"...... well they kinda did, but the sound system was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad no one could hear them...

it was nice hanging with MG and MS..... MS when i come back from NJ, i'll have some stuff for you and maze...;)

Originally posted by saleen351

lots of ass, no problem on saving you and that hot model. I really only caught her so she would not damage those lovely bolt ons:D feel free to email spacious and his merry band of clueless security fucks... though hes not man enough to say thanks on a public message board, hance just another reason, i'm retired from space... They will have my resination letter after i get back from nj, where i can hear some real tunes.... this thrusday, me and joey carbone are hitting Joeys in clifton NJ, up by the meadowlands, for some guido fist pumping action....

Anyone who really enjoyed DD set is just clueless on music. It was trance with a house beat... Same boring bpm all the way threw... Only had spurts of a good set, maybe 10 mins long each. Miami is too complacent with their djs.. They don't demand as much as the northeast people

at 7am, DD broke it down, and for the build up, i'm yelling at lots of ass, "maybe they'll finally drop some diva vocals"...... well they kinda did, but the sound system was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad no one could hear them...

it was nice hanging with MG and MS..... MS when i come back from NJ, i'll have some stuff for you and maze...;)

u make it sound like joisey is the epitome of dance music.

it's the same crap everywhere.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

u make it sound like joisey is the epitome of dance music.

it's the same crap everywhere.

you live in NYC, and you should understand, the crowd in nj and nyc can keep a shitty dj with a shitty set rocking the club... NJ crowds never disapoints, they come out full force and they get wild...

Originally posted by digital7

Shroom, where were you last night? I made a few rounds inside, but didnt see ya.

Yeah buddy, I was there from around 3:30 till about 5:30. I can't beleive you didn't see annette, she was hard to miss in her tiger dress & braids.

But we will catch you next time.

:)

GOT THERE AROUND 12 AND THE RED ROOM COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN MORE STUFFED THAN WHAT IT WAS. I COULDN'T EVEN GET TO THE BATHROOM AT ONE POINT. WE WERE CORNERED TIL ABOUT 1:10 WHICH WAS HORRIBLE!

FINALLY GET TO THE BLUE ROOM AND DEEP DISH WAS DOING ALRIGHT BUT FIGURED THE MUSIC WOULD GET BETTER LATER ON. I'M USED TO SEEING THE WHOLE GROUP DANCING THE ENTIRE NIGHT AND INSTEAD I KEPT SEEING MOST OF US STANDING AROUND. EVEN SOBETON WAS EITHER STANDING OR SITTING DOWN! COME TO THINK ABOUT IT, I DON'T THINK I EVEN SAW HIM DANCE. I WENT OUTSIDE ABOUT 4 AM AND LISTENED TO ROLY FOR A WHILE. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH ROLY. HE'S ALWAYS PLAYING GOOD STUFF BUT I WAS TIRED FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE AND ENDED UP LEAVING AT ABOUT 5:30.

GREAT SEEING MRMATAS, KOKY, STEFFY, HAPPYFACE, SOBETON, EXTREME, LOLA, THEHOG, SALEEN, BEATFREAK, BIZ, ROLY, SHROOMY AND HIS WIFE, GA2, NIGHTSTAR, DIGITAL 7, LALIUX, MRMOVEMENT, MARCUS, & ESANCE. I THINK I REMEMBERED EVERYONE. :tongue:

Like everyone else has said the music was doooown tempoo it could have been any other beach club night you would have not know the difference, but I had all to breif!! but good time for the fact that most of my friends and CP'ers were there ... thats what makes all the difference !!!!

Originally posted by shroomy

Yeah buddy, I was there from around 3:30 till about 5:30. I can't beleive you didn't see annette, she was hard to miss in her tiger dress & braids.

But we will catch you next time.

:)

I also did my rounds and didn't see you guys. I think I've seen that tiger dress...didn't she wear that in Ibiza? :D

Ow yeah I did see the hole situation with Saleen saving the hot chick.

Ester did all she could to get her down but this chick was so fucked up she probably did not even know she was standing on the bar. Any way the security staff could have done a much better job than letting her swan dive down. These guys looked like a bunch of retard. This chick is about 115 lbs and they could have just grabed her. Instead they were more intersted in looking at her titts. (moron bouncer keep shining the light at her see thru shit)

I think Deep Dish played a great set. From there reggae intro to Sharams set in the patio I was there for the whole ride. Deep Dish never dissapoints and they didn't do so on Saturday. Music is not playing a record at 140bpm and bobbing your head, its about feeling the music and being able to dance to it thats the vibe Deep Dish had at Space. It seems we can't enjoy music unless the Dj plays anthems and bangs in out all night.

Roly's music was great as usual. The patio rocked all night. It was cool to see Ali and Sharam go back there and show support to the residents. Loved the fire shows. Those girls put on a great show. Good job to Biz and Roly once again. Roly hope you had a great B-day..

Well i think just about everyone that posted before me thought the same way i did. I've seen DD like 4 times and 3 out of 4 they weren't that great.I don't know what they were f--king thinking!!That everyone was like in a chill out mood?!F--KING PUMP IT UP!!!Edgar should've got on the decks last night wake everyone up.But I did dance most of the night(go wonder),more than on PICOTTO,would rather see him spin over DD any day.Stayed till 7:30, and had to listen to real music on my way home Hernan Cattaneo's South America double cd to make my ride home better and not think about the horrible set DD was throwing down.I'm pretty sure they're very talented DJs,I guess they had a bad night or don't know ,I just hope they don't spin there after ULTRA 2003 like they did this year(another bad set).

Like always it was nice hanging with the cp peeps,Steffy,Melli,Lola(finally nice to meet you)Sobe,my BRO,Mr.Mattas,nice to meet the hog and digital,beatfreak, hmmmmmmm i think thats everyone!!

Till next time,PEACE OUT.

I know opinions differ and certain things like the red room incident could of turned out better. Maybe that set the sour tone for the night for most of you. but I sure enjoyed Deep Dish. Yeah, their intro tempo was slower than usual & it took them a while to peak. But the one thing I love about DD is that you can never predict what or how they will play.

Just cause they didn't bang it out all night doesn't mean they stunk it up. Shit, i mean these guys played stuff other djs wish they had their hands on & to top things they were scheduled for a 10+ hour set. They threw down some great unidentifiable tracks & kept control of the dance floor past 10am in the main room.

Think back to the last time you were dancin' & jumpin' to a ten hour set of a Mauro Picotto or a dj of that tempo. Guys like Mauro are great but ask him to play ten hours for you and see where you stand by the 4th hour.

I thought I heard the same thing when Sasha came to town @ Crobar. I heard that Sasha didnt really turn it out & Zabiela stole the show. Guys like Sasha were doing what Zabiela does now years ago. Over time, they find ways to reinvent themselves & expand on their creativity, eventually tryin' new things & new styles to keep you interested. The bottom line is they are the front runners & the guys who set the standard in the industry. DD did a great job in my opinion as I said before. They came in and they didn't sell out. They stuck true to what they've always stood for & shied away from the anthems you & I can pick up at the local record store. They even graced us with an after hours Patio Set.

When I go hear a special guest, I want them to surprise me with some new shit, and its fine by me if they don't bang it all out, as long as they keep it real, make me smile and bob my head. but I'm simple and grateful, so I don't ask for Superman on the decks. But make no mistake, I like to think I have a preeetty good idea of what good Music is.

I like to think it's not about being complaicent. To me it's about being gratefull we have such a scene in this city that we can afford to catch a special guest superstar act on any given weekend on a regular basis @ a handful of clubs in Mia. We're not critics, we're clubbers. Don't forget that. Cuz the day you do- might as well just take up a new hobbie...

P.s. Thanks to all those who came out to support Deep Dish, Space but most of all Lunar Sessions, Roland & I. It took some time & alot of effort to plan our Lunar Full Moon party back there. From Music to Decor, to the Fire show (Big thanks to Amber our Fire girl, truly amazing!!) & dancers to all the crowd pleasers we handed out. It's worth every bit of our work to see many smiling faces & such positive reviews from many of you & then some. Roly truly handed us an amazing set on his birthday. Well rounded with all the elements. True to the last drop!! Big thanks to CP, come see us again...;)

Guest saleen351

when i ask other djs what DD play, they all say the same thing, they have no idea... Thats what i love about them, yet the last time they played space, i thought they were off the hook... I ran into a dj out on the patio, and he said lots of the tracks were for a new GU cd....

but if you had og do his typical space set, and compared it to dd and pre 5am roland, there was no comparison, og would have destroyed both of those sets...

I'm re-evaluating my top 5, and I"m considering placing anthony papa in my top 5.... his progressive sound was da bomb... something space doesn't book to often is a progressive dj....

could progressive come back in 2003?

god i hope so...

my only advice to roland is that he is too serious up in the booth. Yea the guy has progressed into a sick dj, but i'm worried hes not having the fun he should be having. I know you have to concentrate and its not easy, but bro, smile and enjoy your set. Get loose, and sometimes when your mind and your body are at ease things flow and you get in the zone and you drop the hammer like cole trickle passing rody burns in dangerous turn 3.... I don't think i saw you smile till 630am....

ps a cper is sweating you...... she always like "saleen" introduce me..... "

Saleen,

you still have a lot 2 learn about what an "extended set" is. Part of it is being patient & taking the long way home (the scenic route).

You aren't happy with anything, so there's no pleasin' you. & stop using the same ol' excuse "I tell it as it is". Face it, you aren't gonna mold Roland or Oscar into Danny Tsettos, so stop tryin' and enjoy them for who they are. If they don't play your request list, you aren't happy!!

It's always something with you- "Oscar didn't play enough vocals", "Roly didn't smile & wave enough". You gotta be the most undecided/lost soul I know, at least on CP.

First its Techno, "it's the new thing thats taking over", now its "proggressive for 2003". Funny how 2 months ago you thought it was techno. The truth is, you listen to something for a month or 2, then drop it and jump on the next thing. It's like you are the Madonna of clubbers- constantly changing. First you are the "Space celebrity", then Ft. lauderdale & now Maze. Your unpredictability is making you soo predictable.

I enjoy conversations with you & off the board you are a good kid. But here, your alter ego takes over & it becomes the Saleen show. I hope you don't ever confuse reality with clubplanet.

if Progressive is taking over, does that mean that Roland is moving up on your list?? cuz his sets contain 80% progg.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

Saleen,

you still have a lot 2 learn about what an "extended set" is. Part of it is being patient & taking the long way home (the scenic route).

You aren't happy with anything, so there's no pleasin' you. & stop using the same ol' excuse "I tell it as it is". Face it, you aren't gonna mold Roland or Oscar into Danny Tsettos, so stop tryin' and enjoy them for who they are. If they don't play your request list, you aren't happy!!

It's always something with you- "Oscar didn't play enough vocals", "Roly didn't smile & wave enough". You gotta be the most undecided/lost soul I know, at least on CP.

First its Techno, "it's the new thing thats taking over", now its "proggressive for 2003". Funny how 2 months ago you thought it was techno. The truth is, you listen to something for a month or 2, then drop it and jump on the next thing. It's like you are the Madonna of clubbers- constantly changing. First you are the "Space celebrity", then Ft. lauderdale & now Maze. Your unpredictability is making you soo predictable.

I enjoy conversations with you & off the board you are a good kid. But here, your alter ego takes over & it becomes the Saleen show. I hope you don't ever confuse reality with clubplanet.

if Progressive is taking over, does that mean that Roland is moving up on your list?? cuz his sets contain 80% progg.

bro, i clearly never said progressive was the thing in 2003, i wrote, I hope it comes back. Please see my post in this thread. Progressive is where i started. With tracks like the train and sm trax, sal dano etc.... i know it was an extended set, but i lasted 6.5 hours of them. How much more do i need to hear, to figure out they sucked? with only a 1.5 hours left, i wasn't about to stay in a club, where roland was not spining on the patio anymore, and DD just doing the same shit they did for the previous 6.5 hours... Even if the last 1.5 hours was the bomb, it still wasn't worth it. I never tried to mold og or roland into any thing, but i ride their asses, so i can hear the tri state area tracks in a major club. Djs down here don't play anything they drop up there. With no clubs booking them any time soon whats the point to go out and hear the same 50 tribal and house tracks...? I have supported roland every chance i've gotten. His set was bla till 5am. You guys should have cranked it up much much earlier...

Sobeton said it best sat night "saleen, do know what og would be doing to this dance floor right now if he were spining"....

I think techno is where music is going, and i love it, but progressive vocals is still my all time favorite. Ask my roomies, i play them all the time with some freestyle in there

PS the number 1 track on the patio is a semi vocal.... :)

oh by the way, I got 3, 30 year old divorced chicks to come to space.. Who supports more then me? Not many....

Biz you know your my man, but i'm retired for a while, so you won't have to put up with me, and I gave up my space legend position.... Maze pays better;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

Thank god..;)

be happy now, but trust me, you'll miss me, my posts, my reivews, and my support....;)

I have supported roland every chance i've gotten. His set was bla till 5am. You guys should have cranked it up much much earlier...

Part of the reason you heard a more downtempo set before 5am from Roly back there was for the simple fact that he had Deep Dish inside. He wasn't going to turn it out from the start out there. DD & Roly play similar styles & tempo so how different would the patio be if he played at their tempo from the start?? It's actually alot like opening up. Out of respect you keep things interesting out there without tryin' to steal the show.

Ask yourself this.. If I'm opening for Danny T, am I gonna play his biggest anthems or his biggest productions before him?? will I do the same if he is in the room next door at the same club??

Ali & Sharam were impressed and showed it by hangin' back there with Roly in intervals throughout the whole night. Sometimes, it's finding a balance of adjusting to the dj in the mainroom while stayin' tru to what you do. Roly took us all on a ride, feeding us a lil' of everything & building things up real smooth & patiently before "dropping the Hammer @ 5am".

A big part of why I enjoy listening to Roly besides the obvious, is because every week he shows up with something different and you can never guess what he's gonna throw at you. No matter what, its always a damn good time. ;)

I had a great time last Saturday at Space. I hadn't been there in a while and was happy to see that finally the female element responded. Could have been DD, lets see in the following weeks.

As to DD's set, I agree with U Biz, DD are DJs that are in the lead of the music industry, together with the Sashas and Digweeds. If they are trying something different, we are learning. If in the process of learning we don't like it no more, we know what to do.:( But I trully enjoyed their set. Now, impoooosible to determine tracks, and as bad as I am for names I surely recognize songs. Saturday was tough, the Madonna remix was nice.

In regards to the Red room, nothing to complain. Got there at 2:30 am. Missed the opening of DD but was listening to the radio at this party. No more CDs, it was all about DD at that party. As a matter of fact, got there with around twelve others. cars blasting the Space broadcast in our way.

The first thing that I noticed walking in the main room was that stack of speakers at the end. That is where I normally sit when I'm tired.:mad: the observation of the few that were with me was that something was wrong with the equalizer. A shame. Didn't DD complain? or was it them who wanted it like that to maybe uplift their new sounds?

as to the patio, Roland did a good job. I swinged by their a few times and liked it. The place got packed only after the SOBE clubs closed. Happy to see a lot of those insomniacs again. Had the honor of seeing the cake and the Happy B-day. And the banner "DJ Roland" that Biz and someone else lifted, even backwards at a point.:laugh: The fire chick was cool, very Ibiza. The Christmas decor a little bit on the budget, but still gave us a reminder for not spending all our wallet or plastic with those pricy drinks because there is shopping to do for the family and friends.

Overall a fun nite at Space. Left like around eight. Drunk and with a smile. What girls can do to one!

Thank you Space.:cool: