Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For Anyone Who Was Listening to Mike Bugout..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djmikebugout

First off, those dj's listed are a wide range of different styles

Second, God forbid a local dj on his way up gets some support. "precious"? WTF

Third, He never said Rocksteady sucks b/c he doesnt suck. he just said he didnt like the music he was playing. Last I checked, saying that you dont like someones music wasn't elitist...it was free speech...

i agree maybe it would be better to point out good pts about the mix instead of bad, but its not like we were discussing his mix in general, he just mentioned how the music changed and that he felt what came on sucked...maybe elitemess and rocksteady should talk behind the scenes....u guys take Roninmess wayyyyy too seriously

Merry Christmas, I can feel the holiday cheer all over this board!!!

Mike Bugout

first of all, He DID say Rocksteady sucked. Re-read the thread.

Second of all, I don't care if he thinks he sucks. But telling him that he SUCKs, because he spins something not to your liking is ignorant. Thirdly, you mis-understood my mention of your name. I am hugley supportive of up and coming DJs, and I was tuned in last night to hear you spin, as have gone to check you out live too. So, as I said in my original post, don't take anythign negative out of that, nothing negative was intended.

4thly, I see that Mr. Mess is apparently kidding now, so, yeah, I guess I must have been kidding too then.

Originally posted by zeeker

4thly, I see that Mr. Mess is apparently kidding now, so, yeah, I guess I must have been kidding too then.

and kidding now? ive been kidding about me tellin him to stop dj'in since i said it. you all dont understand my sarcasm i guess.

Originally posted by roninmess

:clap:

get a clue people, its called joking. I didn't say u sucked rocksteady, as mike said i said it(meaning the music) to me sucked. I only said u should stop spinning as a joke. calm your selves people. jeeeeeeeeesus:blank:

:laugh: :laugh: you told the kid that you would rather him not spin anymore. Now, granted I was laughing as I read that, it is still not the coolest of things to say, to a kid you don't even know no less. Now, I'm not defending Rocksteady, he doesn't need me to defend him, but I don't think HE took your comment as a joke. Again, I don't think that he knows you well enough that he would.

And by the way, if you didn't figure out that the rocksteady playing was the rocksteady on CP, would you still have been kidding?

Originally posted by roninmess

re read again zeeker

IT not HE.

a DJ is defined by the music he spins. So, that coupled with the now infamous "I would rather you not spin anymore" comment...all = you thinking he sucks.

Again, this is all hypothetical at this point, because you were, of course, just joking.:aright:

a DJ is defined by the music he spins. So, that coupled with the now infamous "I would rather you not spin anymore" comment...all = you thinking he sucks.

Again, this is all hypothetical at this point, because you were, of course, just joking.:aright:

Not necessarily just the music he/she plays.. but also by mixing skills, producing skills, remixing skills, etc.. if a DJ was simply defined by music that he/she spins, then anyone could call themselves a DJ and be defined as good just so long as he/she is dropping the chart toppers. :D

Originally posted by codica3

Not necessarily just the music he/she plays.. but also by mixing skills, producing skills, remixing skills, etc.. if a DJ was simply defined by music that he/she spins, then anyone could call themselves a DJ and be defined as good just so long as he/she is dropping the chart toppers. :D

correct...but rocksteady's set showcased his mixing skills, and probably some remixing, and maybe even some sort of productions as well.

Originally posted by codica3

Well be careful how you word things cause it sounded like extreme sarcasm: "your precious Bugout"..

oh yes. That was extremely sarcastic. But, the sarcasm was directed towards RM's affection towards his music. No knock on Bugout.

correct...but rocksteady's set showcased his mixing skills, and probably some remixing, and maybe even some sort of productions as well.

oh yes. That was extremely sarcastic. But, the sarcasm was directed towards RM's affection towards his music. No knock on Bugout.

This is completely OT but are you coming to Ferry tomorrow?

wtf, stay on topic, I want to argue!

j/k

but yeah, i will definitely be there. you?

Yup yup. I'll be there. :)

What were we arguing about again? :tongue:

This thread was just supposed to be to inform people that Mikey was no longer spinning cause his power went off. When I made the thread for him, I had no idea it would end up 3 pages long. :tongue:

precious

SYLLABICATION: pre·cious

PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: prshs KEY

ADJECTIVE: 1. Of high cost or worth; valuable.

2. Highly esteemed; cherished.

3. Dear; beloved.

4. Affectedly dainty or overrefined: precious mannerisms.

5. Informal Thoroughgoing; unmitigated: a precious mess.

NOUN: One who is dear or beloved; a darling.

I had no idea i was so valuable, esteemed, cherished, dear or beloved...

thanks zeek!

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

precious

SYLLABICATION: pre·cious

PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: prshs KEY

ADJECTIVE: 1. Of high cost or worth; valuable.

2. Highly esteemed; cherished.

3. Dear; beloved.

4. Affectedly dainty or overrefined: precious mannerisms.

5. Informal Thoroughgoing; unmitigated: a precious mess.

NOUN: One who is dear or beloved; a darling.

I had no idea i was so valuable, esteemed, cherished, dear or beloved...

thanks zeek!

Mike Bugout

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was actually using it in the 'darling' sense of the word as shown above.

Example: You are Roninmess' precious (darling.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was actually using it in the 'darling' sense of the word as shown above.

Example: You are Roninmess' precious (darling.)

LOL.. it looks like you were using it as an adjective. :laugh: :laugh: But now that I look at it, it could be used as a noun but you need to insert a comma. ;)

and now we are on grammar! CP for you.

but in all honesty, i was a little hurt when i first read this - no one has ever told me I sucked before - so I was intrested to find out why. - i know joking/sarcasm doesnt convey well over the internet, but i still think the comment was a little out of hand. I would have suggested something like

"yeah and that fucking 145bpm hoover shit was making my ears bleed" - that would have conveyed your distaste for the music - without insulting me!

but who cares - cant expect everyone to be as sensitive as i am!

and zeek - i like to argue just as much as you - wait till we find out something we dont agreee on lol

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I would have suggested something like

"yeah and that fucking 145bpm hoover shit was making my ears bleed"

LOL.. actually, I was talking to people on AIM and I was complaining about how I was listening to Mikey and then all of a sudden the bmps sped up like 3 times as fast and I was like: WTF IS GOING ON?!?! :laugh: :laugh: