Clubplanet Nightlife Community

evolution at exit...more important now than ever

BobG

When I was first contacted by the directors and management of exit about new changes that are about to take place I was asked would I consider climbing on board.. I thought about the incredible potential of this n.y. mega club. I spoke to a lot of people about exits new changes..across the board everyone said definately.... one of the definitions of evolution in the dictionary reads "a process of change in a particular direction: to develope or change by evolution: what better name for a new beginning..EVOLUTION. Although, I must give respect to imagine fridays. To the directors and TONY DRAPER, who kept this party going strong for 4 years. We are at a time right now, perhaps the worst econimical time we have ever experienced. where job layoffs are continuous, the stock market is crashing, retirement funds, 401k's and pension funds are deminishing and unemployement is rising. In times of depression one thing always was a factor that flourished..the nightclub business..for those few hours we come into a club and escape from the reality of our lives.

I think we need it now more than ever...Exit with what it has to offer, gives us that..the ultimate nightclub escape..its got something for everyone..its a 60,000 square foot entertainment complex that was designed with the club goer in mind...you..

so now we're at this new beginning..whats going to change..for one thing hopefully security will be more courteous..more

friendly. Different respected main floor dj's that bring a different sound each week keeping it fresh, with a following to support them. the other rooms will present dj's on rotation so everyone gets a chance to spin sometime in exit..coloring the room with hot sexy dancers and performances..but perhaps the biggest change will be, not taking anything for granted..to appreciate the individual. To bring back to NY a simple 3 letter word...FUN

This is a process which will go into effect starting this friday december 27th..its going to take a little time for it to work but if you give it a chance, everyone comes out a winner..the haters will always be out there..those faceless people hiding behind a computer who assert their identity through negative attention..they're not important..constructive criticism is and will be listened to... So as we begin this process of evolution at exit, we invite you to join us on friday, as we welcome RICHIE SANTANA to the main floor and JASON OJEDA immediately following for the afterhours set. Week number 2 (the first friday in the new year january 3rd) DENNY TSETTOS takes over the turntables with hopefully JOHNNY VICIOUS on the third week..

It's a new year, a new beginning and a new exit..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u had me for the 90% of this post...i mean u really did..u had me excited...had me thinking that u were gona make Exit fun again...u managed to stir up emotions inside me that havent come out in a while....everyone knows how much i like this club as a club...how beautiful i think it is...and how fun it can be...

but then u dropped those names...ughh...those DJ's...ahh..that hurt...that really did....hopefully ul b bringin in different talent (read :better) in a month...or this will just be another weak attempt at teaching an old dog new tricks...

dont take this as hate...more as constructive criticism

WOW! Thats all i can say...i'm looking forward to watching this transformation happen. I've been at exit either working (then staying to party for afterhours) or just their to party for the last 6 weeks in a row...gets better every week, and I cant wait to see what the future holds!! I cant wait to hear TSETTOS on the main floor!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all!!!

Best of luck to the exit management on their new project!

Bernie

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Ojeda spins in Long Island. And Denny had that placed packed every week when Exit first opened.

it wasnt baez or tsettos that had it packed for a few months, it was a huge new venue to go to. anyone who knows from exp. of bein there know it died after jan or so after openin in sept. then went to complete shit. im not sayin this cause i love tsettos so much either ;) cause baez was terrible compared to him

Originally posted by wakeup

anyone who knows from exp. of bein there know it died after jan or so after openin in sept. then went to complete shit. im not sayin this cause i love tsettos so much either

It died down a little. I used to go there every week. And you know you are a closet Denny Lover. ;)

I THINK EVERY PROMOTER SAYS THE SAME BULLSHIT IAM SORRY BUT THATS HOW I SEE IT

THEY ALL SAY THE NEW HOT PARTY THAT WILL CHANGE THE NEW YORK NIGHTLIFE FOREVER THIS AND THAT

JUST FACE IT THE NYC NIGHTLIFE IS NOT THE SAME

JUST STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAD

EXIT HAS ITS DRAPER CROWD AND WHOEVER DONT LIKE THAT JUST SHOULDENT GO TO HEAR DRAPER

THIS IS NYC THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF CLUBS IF YOU DONT LIKE A CLUB GO TO ANOTHER ONE

AS FOR VICIOUS LEAVING ROXY AND GOIN TO EXIT OR WATEVER IAM NOT LIKEING THAT IDEA I THINK HE SHOULD STAY AT ROXY I LIKE HIM HERE I LIKE THE CROWD HE BRINGS IN THERE AND EVERYTHING

WATEVER THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS

Ok some of you guys are getting ridiculous lol...Bobby just named about every popular DJ in the books and you still bitch. Ok, the ownership and management isn't gonna change and promoters will probably keep getting the same old story but wtf else you want as far as DJs are concerned lol?

You want a 4 year residency of tiesto? maybe a 10 hour set daily by digweed to make u happy? Can't abuse drapper anymore... ok he got the boot...now ur not happy with the DJs Bobby named either.

Have some faith.

As someone said from another thread...

"suspend disbelief"

enforce a dress code and dont let all the trash in. There'll be less ppl and club may not look so packed and wont make so much money but that'll build ppl's confidence in the party and the crowd. Close some of the rooms off and corral everyone into the main rooms.

when aluv and myself started the party at the roxy a year ago, we said to be patient with us..things take time. The international dj's are sometimes booked 6 months in advance. We started on labor day weekend with P.A.M. management and presented 5 dj's on one night including SCOTT BOND, EDGAR V etc. we then brought you SANDRA COLLINS and GUY ORNADEL..then we had TALL PAUL and BAD BOY BILL..In the month of october you had SASHA and CARL COX. Made events brought you TIESTO and PVD.

The month of december brought you AVB and now FERRY this friday. But it seemed that every international dj brought out their own crowd with a little crossover. And that once the dj was gone so was the crowd...you were only as good as the external reason

you had on the turntables and thats it. The problem is what happens in between international dj's. Should the club close up..no, it can't do that its got to stay open..so we went after another crowd, for lack of a better word, a commecial crowd..for those of you who want a better looking crowd, the commercial crowd by far had the most attractive women and men hands down, but when the international dj's came on, the commercial crowd left..when the commercial crowd was there, the music crowd left, you can't win..When SASHA played he got bad reviews on this board..but he's SASHA. When OAKENFOLD played here in NY, he got bad reviews, but he's OAKENFOLD We have great dj's right here that always seem to please the crowd. VICIOUS, TENEGLIA, PETERS, TSETTOS, OJEDA, SANTANA, RIZZO, NERO, RYDELL, AMATUCCI, BUGOUT, DRAPER, MADA, MOODY, CAPELLA and countless others who play their balls off every single week but because some of them didn't arrive with a plane ticket you take it for granted..A night out at exit or most clubs should be a fun night out be it for the music and/or the social scene..this music prejudice is tired already..we have great fucking dj's right here..have you listened to some of the dj's on metromixradio..their incredible..as far a promoters go..Yes its true, some promoters are full of shit..their job is to promote..thats how they make a living..but sometimes its not their fault..you go to the doctor and say"doc, everytime I bang my head on the wall my head hurts..what should I do" thats easy..stop banging your head on the wall..owners and management are sometimes also part of the problem..but this time I believe exit wants to make this change...only time will tell

I am rooting for Bob to turn about Exit. Anyone that has met Bob, knows he is the coolest and nicest guy. Exit has the potential to be the ultimate club. Look at the size of that club. Its the largest club in NY. I'm not a fan of small clubs. Anyone that was at ARC when Paul Van Dyke was there, knows what i'm talking about. You could barely move in there. I agree with everyone about Marvisi. All Marvisi has to do, is let Bob Run the Friday party and Exit will be king again.

Originally posted by danwilson

I'm not a fan of small clubs. Anyone that was at ARC when Paul Van Dyke was there, knows what i'm talking about. You could barely move in there.

Now now Dan Wilson! :nono: Don't be hatin' on Vinyl.. it's one of my favorite clubs in the city. :D

Bob, i give it to u to try n turn a what should be THE nyc club around. i missed the first few weeks of the sat nite100 % pure party u had last yr. but i caught the last few weeks, that party had mad potential, this one like they said ur dont beat the drum dead. i think if u went the route of 1 or 2 djs n build the nite around them, thats what the crowd ur going after likes. have a once a month guest dj. kinda like exit made draper, factory n j.p. ect... jus my 2 cents, nyc needs some1 new, some 1 not played

very well said...

it honestly is a no-win situation, so there has to be a balence....

hating on dj's such as denny and ojeda and santana is just silly...comparing them to guys like picotto or tiesto is apples and oranges...they spin different tracks, different styles...

I'll agree with Bob about the 'plane ticket theory'. It really sucks. For a while I've wanted to make a trance mix and mislable is as Tiesto @ "Insert Int'l Club here" on "date" and send it around just to see the reaction it gets.... Im not saying these guys arent awesome but people gotta understand that DJ's from over can rock just like DJs over there do. I would bet that EVERYONE here has a DJ that was NOT listed in DJ Mag's top 100 dj list this year that they feel should be listed....does that mean they are bad?

Bob is fighting an uphill battle over there but i'll support him 100%. Im all about free speech and having your opinion, but in this case, by sitting back and hating, nothing is going to change. Will you see a difference this friday? Maybe a small one but nothing major--Give it TIME. Come support the guys on the main floor, or come check out some of the guys in the side rooms....Me and Bob have spoke about bringin quality as A WHOLE to exit...no more mp3 dj's in side rooms who dont use ONE record all night-- Quality DJ's in EVERY ROOM--that way if ur not feelin the main floor, you may enjoy the red room or white room or another room...

And anyone who posts on here knows i was one of the LOUDEST voices crying for this building to be burnt down--- but now that the right people are in place to make changes, that attitude wont help anything--so come down and check the party out....see for yourself...

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

very well said...

it honestly is a no-win situation, so there has to be a balence....

hating on dj's such as denny and ojeda and santana is just silly...comparing them to guys like picotto or tiesto is apples and oranges...they spin different tracks, different styles...

I'll agree with Bob about the 'plane ticket theory'. It really sucks. For a while I've wanted to make a trance mix and mislable is as Tiesto @ "Insert Int'l Club here" on "date" and send it around just to see the reaction it gets.... Im not saying these guys arent awesome but people gotta understand that DJ's from over can rock just like DJs over there do. I would bet that EVERYONE here has a DJ that was NOT listed in DJ Mag's top 100 dj list this year that they feel should be listed....does that mean they are bad?

Bob is fighting an uphill battle over there but i'll support him 100%. Im all about free speech and having your opinion, but in this case, by sitting back and hating, nothing is going to change. Will you see a difference this friday? Maybe a small one but nothing major--Give it TIME. Come support the guys on the main floor, or come check out some of the guys in the side rooms....Me and Bob have spoke about bringin quality as A WHOLE to exit...no more mp3 dj's in side rooms who dont use ONE record all night-- Quality DJ's in EVERY ROOM--that way if ur not feelin the main floor, you may enjoy the red room or white room or another room...

And anyone who posts on here knows i was one of the LOUDEST voices crying for this building to be burnt down--- but now that the right people are in place to make changes, that attitude wont help anything--so come down and check the party out....see for yourself...

Mike Bugout

bob, i agree w/ you totally.. can't please everyone and bottom line is its a business...

mike, i disagree on one point only... the whole mp3 dj comment.. your point in this post seems to be that anyone who can play music and keep the crowd happy is a good dj and deserves the chance to be up there.. then you rip on the mp3 dj phenomenon of the last few years... can't have it both ways.. can't champion the commercially driven crowd pleasing dj's, yet bash the mp3 dj... if the mp3 dj can play the tracks the crowd wants to hear, what makes him any different the tsettos or tiesto... if the point of the party is going to be focused on music that the commercial crowd wasn't to hear, can't exclude the mp3 dj, b/c he's no different then the guy spinning the vinyl imho...

well, you've gotten me excited about the future of Exit. I mean, I'm not a hater, and I still go to the place once in awhile. But I do admit, the place is getting progressively worse each time I go back. They really do need to get some new people in there and get that place back on track. I'll be there to support the party, definitely not this Friday though. Good luck with it. And if those Exit V.I.P. cards ever get passed out, well....I better get one. :D:aright:

What is it exactly that people don't like about Exit besides the DJ's? I've never gone for a Friday party, I go on Saturdays/Sundays to hear Junior Vasquez...but the club itself is nice, I'm just wondering why people have a great time at Juniors parties and not the Friday parties? How full does Exit get on Fridays?

Also, what are these changes that are being talked about? Besides the music, what is there to change? Exit's door search is horrible which can turn a lot of people off, but what else is keeping people out and what else is planned to change?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

mike, i disagree on one point only... the whole mp3 dj comment.. your point in this post seems to be that anyone who can play music and keep the crowd happy is a good dj and deserves the chance to be up there.. then you rip on the mp3 dj phenomenon of the last few years... can't have it both ways.. can't champion the commercially driven crowd pleasing dj's, yet bash the mp3 dj... if the mp3 dj can play the tracks the crowd wants to hear, what makes him any different the tsettos or tiesto... if the point of the party is going to be focused on music that the commercial crowd wasn't to hear, can't exclude the mp3 dj, b/c he's no different then the guy spinning the vinyl imho...

my fault is misphrased what i meant...

I meant the fact that getting quality dj's in the side rooms is better than what they have now. When i said mp3 dj's i meant that the dj's in exit side rooms now on any given night have zero experience and trainwreck left and right....

While i will always respect a dj who uses vinyl more than any dj who doesnt touch vinyl, I agree with your point of making the crowd move-- but in my arg i meant that b/c i dunno if u know this but there are many dj's who spin the red or white room who dont even own dj equipment and the most practice they've had is on mixmiester...THAT i feel has to go-- in my opinion

Mike Bugout