Clubplanet Nightlife Community

evolution at exit...more important now than ever

BobG

Originally posted by bleachblond420

What is it exactly that people don't like about Exit besides the DJ's? I've never gone for a Friday party, I go on Saturdays/Sundays to hear Junior Vasquez...but the club itself is nice, I'm just wondering why people have a great time at Juniors parties and not the Friday parties? How full does Exit get on Fridays?

Also, what are these changes that are being talked about? Besides the music, what is there to change? Exit's door search is horrible which can turn a lot of people off, but what else is keeping people out and what else is planned to change?

um do i have to justify our claims-the crowd there is horrible. their reputation is ruined-they ass rape people at security checks...it is just a very trashy place. its more like a candy-kid race where every1 is sucking on their passifiers bugging out on x. I wouldn't pick up a girl ne where in that club-except maybe the white room-but then ur asking for STD's :laugh: the crowd there is unfriendly, UNATTRACTICE, very low class (i don't mean economically i mean in their manner...) and the place is a haven for all of china town (no offense intended). about 75% of the club are asians and they have their own lil section where they sit on the dancefloor yes sit and waste space. i tried giving that place another chance a motn ago-i got offered drugs about 15 times that night by some "house dealers"-a.k.a. exit sells w/ in its club and makes huge profits-management there sucks-they are out for the green, not for the patrons-i think i have justified my belief. but i would love to see all of this change-it is highly doubtful tho-but best of luck-its such a beautfiul venue and such a huge waste of space right now

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by zoomxc01

um do i have to justify our claims-the crowd there is horrible. their reputation is ruined-they ass rape people at security checks...it is just a very trashy place. its more like a candy-kid race where every1 is sucking on their passifiers bugging out on x. I wouldn't pick up a girl ne where in that club-except maybe the white room-but then ur asking for STD's :laugh: the crowd there is unfriendly, UNATTRACTICE, very low class (i don't mean economically i mean in their manner...) and the place is a haven for all of china town (no offense intended). about 75% of the club are asians and they have their own lil section where they sit on the dancefloor yes sit and waste space. i tried giving that place another chance a motn ago-i got offered drugs about 15 times that night by some "house dealers"-a.k.a. exit sells w/ in its club and makes huge profits-management there sucks-they are out for the green, not for the patrons-i think i have justified my belief. but i would love to see all of this change-it is highly doubtful tho-but best of luck-its such a beautfiul venue and such a huge waste of space right now

I agree with a lot of this, but I do have a question....

when people like you bitch about the crowd being unnatractive, am I to infer that you ARE most certainly attractive, and are...um...just too good looking to hang out with people not blessed with your stunning features???

I'm about 95% joking about this, but it is something that I seriously do wonder about.

^^

People sitting on the dance floor? That's crazy. Now that you said that, I remember walking into Exit real early one night and I saw people sitting on the dance floor and when Junior got on he turned all the music off in the club and only played music from his booth, but has it REAL low...eventually all the people sitting, and standing around left (they were like what the fuck??) and when Junior was happy with the crowd that was there, he turned the music up and everyone started cheering. He's a cunt like that, but how disrespectful is it to SIT in the middle of the dance floor while a DJ is spinning?

I hope you guys can turn around your Friday night party, Exit (Earth) is a great club when it's done right, it sucks that you can't get it right for your party, but I got no complaints (besides the search) for my Saturday night party..it's always amazing when I go.

Originally posted by bleachblond420

^^

People sitting on the dance floor? ...but how disrespectful is it to SIT in the middle of the dance floor while a DJ is spinning?

I think it's less the disrespect and more the K. Hypothetically though, of course. No one uses at Exit.

Originally posted by zeeker

I agree with a lot of this, but I do have a question....

when people like you bitch about the crowd being unnatractive, am I to infer that you ARE most certainly attractive, and are...um...just too good looking to hang out with people not blessed with your stunning features???

I'm about 95% joking about this, but it is something that I seriously do wonder about.

lol, I can see where he's coming from...if 75% of the club is drugged up, glowstick twirling asians...that dosen't leave much of anything to look at if that's not what you're into. It's nice to hear good music while having some eye candy to look at, flirt with and possible hook up with. Not everyone goes just to hear the DJ....having good looking people is pretty important to a clubs success. But how do you bring in an attractive crowd without then getting the stigma of it being a snobby B&T crowd?

Originally posted by djmikebugout

my fault is misphrased what i meant...

I meant the fact that getting quality dj's in the side rooms is better than what they have now. When i said mp3 dj's i meant that the dj's in exit side rooms now on any given night have zero experience and trainwreck left and right....

While i will always respect a dj who uses vinyl more than any dj who doesnt touch vinyl, I agree with your point of making the crowd move-- but in my arg i meant that b/c i dunno if u know this but there are many dj's who spin the red or white room who dont even own dj equipment and the most practice they've had is on mixmiester...THAT i feel has to go-- in my opinion

Mike Bugout

agreed...

good luck w/ the party :)

This one goes out especially for Luis Kain.... but to everyone involved here.

First off - if you're going to try this, good luck to you, but you may recall that this was tried, on a grander scale, last spring with Muzik Fridays - and look who's spinning Exit now - yep, Tony Draper again! I'm not holding my breath, but if you do succeed, all the props in the world to you.

Second - You say we'd bitch about anything you'd give us and that you're bringing the top talent. Uhmmmm top in what? Jersey? Long Island? Hell, I come from Long Island and I STILL wouldn't pay to see any of those DJ's unless I was in the hamptons, and even then, I might not. If you want to talk talent and bring change, why don't you look into something real? There's a whole world of music out there and a whole lot of clubbers looking to hear it. Sure, bring Sasha, bring Diggers, bring Tiesto (but I won't be there for it - he's disappointed me thrice now) but bring some other names in, drop the cover charge, and for christ sakes DONT INSTITUTE A DRESS CODE unless it's "NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO SERVICE" cause that whole half naked sweaty person thing has to go. Instead of bringing Tiesto and charging $50 at the door, bring Sander Kleinenberg, bring Steve Lawler, Timo Maas, whatever, hell bring Bond and Hardwick (hmm starshaped?) and charge $15 at the door, $20 at the door - make it a real party not just another excuse to entertain KTU-head B&T morons.

My point here is, we're not expecting the world, but if you're going to tell us about making changes, don't put another DJ on whose reputation reaches no farther than the nearest ocean and is best known amongst the same old group the club previously catered to. I'd really like to see a CHANGE not a lateral movement. At any rate, best of luck to you in your attempt - here's hoping you can do something real with it :)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

First off - if you're going to try this, good luck to you, but you may recall that this was tried, on a grander scale, last spring with Muzik Fridays - and look who's spinning Exit now - yep, Tony Draper again! I'm not holding my breath, but if you do succeed, all the props in the world to you.

I was gonna say this earlier but I thought it to be inappropriate of me since I'm trying to push the HAVE FAITH issue.. what can I say.. I'm hopeful.. but yes, I was also involved in the Muzik Fridays deal and as you all know, that flopped big time.

This one goes out especially for Luis Kain.... but to everyone involved here.

Second - You say we'd bitch about anything you'd give us and that you're bringing the top talent. Uhmmmm top in what? Jersey? Long Island? Hell, I come from Long Island and I STILL wouldn't pay to see any of those DJ's unless I was in the hamptons, and even then, I might not. If you want to talk talent and bring change, why don't you look into something real? There's a whole world of music out there and a whole lot of clubbers looking to hear it. Sure, bring Sasha, bring Diggers, bring Tiesto (but I won't be there for it - he's disappointed me thrice now) but bring some other names in, drop the cover charge, and for christ sakes DONT INSTITUTE A DRESS CODE unless it's "NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO SERVICE" cause that whole half naked sweaty person thing has to go. Instead of bringing Tiesto and charging $50 at the door, bring Sander Kleinenberg, bring Steve Lawler, Timo Maas, whatever, hell bring Bond and Hardwick (hmm starshaped?) and charge $15 at the door, $20 at the door - make it a real party not just another excuse to entertain KTU-head B&T morons.

My point here is, we're not expecting the world, but if you're going to tell us about making changes, don't put another DJ on whose reputation reaches no farther than the nearest ocean and is best known amongst the same old group the club previously catered to. I'd really like to see a CHANGE not a lateral movement. At any rate, best of luck to you in your attempt - here's hoping you can do something real with it :)

:clap: :clap:

this is what im talkin about..homeeeeegirl just summed it all up...

if u guys brought in the likes of Timo..Lawler..and Sander id b there 1000000% !!...id b the fist one to get ass raped at the door..shit i wouldnt even mind if it meant i was gona have a great time and not have to walk over rolling asians all night...no offense to the asians...dont jump at my throat...but its true and no one can dispute it...

Hearing Denny Cheetos and Santana doesnt get me excited...these arent even DJ's...theyre RECORD PLAYERS.....id rather go to hear Danny T any Friday than go to Exit and listen to that dribble.....

Fix this place up and ull have me ..and people like myself back there again..that is people who arent trippin balls..who give a shit about music...who appreciate Exit for what it could be..

Last time i went was for IndepenDance Day..and it sucked....the couple of times before that were great...but thats because Ferry..Scot Project..and Judge Jules fuckin rocked that place...that jut goes to prove that Exit can have a vibe if the right DJ is there...

No offense to anyone..its just the way i see it

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

[bHearing Denny Cheetos and Santana doesnt get me excited...these arent even DJ's...theyre RECORD PLAYERS.....id rather go to hear Danny T any Friday than go to Exit and listen to that dribble.....

Fix this place up and ull have me ..and people like myself back there again..that is people who arent trippin balls..who give a shit about music...who appreciate Exit for what it could be..

you are most definitely entitled to your opinion....as am i

calling tsettos and santana what u did is rediculous. Do you even like tribal? Can anyone tell me why Richie's new record is all over the UK and bedrock charts? Hmmmmm?

You cant tell me Santana is cheese....Im sorry but he's like to 100% complete opposite of it--

Bring in the Int'l guys and charge nothing at the door? What will you suggest next? "No charge at the door but donations are accepted?" These guys dont come cheap-- 75 gs for PVD, Tiesto was at 50 but thats goin up now that he's #1....

This is a bizness and as much as they'd like to please the music fans, they need to put heads in there first--

Last I checked I like Sander Also...but Sander k is not putting 3000 heads in exit. I am sorry to tell you this but it wont happen. Timo Mass will not put 3000-5000 heads in exit. Nope. Im not saying Ojeda or Denny or Richie will, but be realistic. the only guys who can pack the place on NAME ALONE are tiesto, pvd, picotto, oakie, the ELITE--

EVOLUTION is not only about changng the muzik (as muzik fridays was) this is a TOTAL revamping, (DIFFERENT from the former promotions) here, they are tryin to fix all the problems the club has...The Lack of a vibe, the horrible security situation, the expensive drinks--the list goes on---Sure the former attempts have changed muzik. but i dont remember one that attempted to change all this....

When Roxy reopened, how did they work it...Mike Rizzo, Denny tsettos, Jason Ojeda...everyone was crying and moaning--Someone even said something about 'disgracing the phazon'

:laugh: But those guys rocked it and they began a nice vibe in there--- Later the big names followed....

So what? EVOLUTION'S grand opening doesnt quite look like a Gatecrasher lineup? Rome was not built in a day. Exit is so fucked up backwards right now you cant expect it to be fixed that quickly-- Bringin in Int'l guys from the start would build an event crowd--meaning they'd only show on the nights the big names were there--no base crowd = no one showing up when int'l dj's arent there....

so you say--"then have int'l dj's every week"

How the FUCK are WE (us dj's) supposed to catch up with these Int'l GODS when even our own superclub in the most recognized city in the us doesnt support its own....ya 'stand me?

Look at it this way--They want a new crowd in there. One that isnt as drugged out, one that spends money on drinks, one that likes good music, one that is good looking. Jason, Richie and Denny seem to attract this kind of following....they do it week in and week out in NJ and LI...promoters need sure things for the beginning of a party, they are taking the sure thing--it makes sense, not to mention the fact these guys can throw down....

I understand why you hold the opinions you do, but again, there are certain things you have to keep in mind-- If Bob cant pull a crowd the first few weeks, do you really think david will say, Okay Fine, heres 60,000 bucks, go get whoever, just bring me heads...?

Mike Bugout

thanx mike..:D ...but all im sayin is that I dont like these guys...i dont like anything they do..im not interested in hearing them..ur appreciation of them goes further due to the fact that ur a DJ (and a good one i might add)....

shit...i mean...if ur gona go with someone local...why not go with Dom Capello?? ..he's fuckin dope..people appreciate his work...why not u Mike?...why not someone people will actually respect..i duno man..santana and cheetos arent the way to go

Oh, and these comments about the asians. It just happens they like the same type of music white people like. There's probably as many blacks and hispanics (combined) in exit as asians but u dont see them en masse bc they're in the hip hop rooms.

Asians just stand out. There's probably a russian corner somewhere and u wouldn't know it...and if u did, it wouldn't stick out bc they're white. Ok fine, so 1\4 of the main floor downstairs is asian. If thugs liked house and shit, u'd all be bitching about the 1\4 thugs. I never knew clubbing had to be so homogenius.

So exit's crowd problem rests solely on the shoulders of the asians that's taking up 1\4 of downstairs yet you have the entire rest of the club to hang out in. Someone said, asians stick together. Ok, if they bother you, dont go near them. If they're dressed like shit, u dont have to deal with them. Stick with the pretty anglosaxon crackhead portions of the club.

For everyone who says, "No offense to asians but asians fuck up the vibe" well, you are being offensive. Ur not covering your ass only bc u said "no offense." That's like saying I'm not anti-semite, I have Jewish friends.

I dont think asians are that big of a problem...but some of them do dress like shit and look like shit. But i see fat white girls running around all the time in 2 piece outfits.

...and for christ sakes DONT INSTITUTE A DRESS CODE unless it's "NO SHIRT NO SHOES NO SERVICE" cause that whole half naked sweaty person thing has to go.

Uhhh just about any other major club in the city has just as many half naked sweaty people in it too...look at Roxy or Factory...as far as i'm concerned, its just part of the scene...

Bern

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

u had me for the 90% of this post...i mean u really did..u had me excited...had me thinking that u were gona make Exit fun again...u managed to stir up emotions inside me that havent come out in a while....everyone knows how much i like this club as a club...how beautiful i think it is...and how fun it can be...

but then u dropped those names...ughh...those DJ's...ahh..that hurt...that really did....hopefully ul b bringin in different talent (read :better) in a month...or this will just be another weak attempt at teaching an old dog new tricks...

dont take this as hate...more as constructive criticism

I'm with you on this one....

You cant tell me Santana is cheese....Im sorry but he's like to 100% complete opposite of it--

Bring in the Int'l guys and charge nothing at the door? What will you suggest next? "No charge at the door but donations are accepted?" These guys dont come cheap-- 75 gs for PVD, Tiesto was at 50 but thats goin up now that he's #1....

This is a bizness and as much as they'd like to please the music fans, they need to put heads in there first--

Last I checked I like Sander Also...but Sander k is not putting 3000 heads in exit. I am sorry to tell you this but it wont happen. Timo Mass will not put 3000-5000 heads in exit. Nope. Im not saying Ojeda or Denny or Richie will, but be realistic. the only guys who can pack the place on NAME ALONE are tiesto, pvd, picotto, oakie, the ELITE--

EVOLUTION is not only about changng the muzik (as muzik fridays was) this is a TOTAL revamping, (DIFFERENT from the former promotions) here, they are tryin to fix all the problems the club has...The Lack of a vibe, the horrible security situation, the expensive drinks--the list goes on---Sure the former attempts have changed muzik. but i dont remember one that attempted to change all this....

So what? EVOLUTION'S grand opening doesnt quite look like a Gatecrasher lineup? Rome was not built in a day. -

OK #1 - go back and read my post, and you'll see that I specifically said NOT to waste time on PVD and Tiesto charging $50 at the door to cover their costs. I don't need to take promoting 101 - I've been doing it longer than I care to think - and I know you can't give this shit away but there's more than one way to skin a cat, not that you'd want to - but it's true, and you shouldn't close off other options just cause "it was done at roxy".

#2 - The DJ's I suggested were just examples - no they won't bring the heads that Tiesto would but if you want that place to evolve you're going to have to coerce educated clubbers to go there and support the vibe. You're not gonna do that with Cheetos Ojeda and Vicious - btw I own a Cheetos CD, and I actually like 4 tracks on it, but I bought it when I didn't know much and I probably wouldn't buy it again if I saw it now.

#3 - I have much less problem with Santana than with the others... i feel like he might be headed somewhere other than Hunka Bunka.

#4 - Rome wasn't built in a day but like I said, the whole change thing was tried before. Muzik fridays tried to change more than just the DJ's and music. That included management, security, etc. - all that was wrangled with during the Muzik fridays thing and right as things were getting themselves set - back came draper!

Luis - That was directed toward you 'cause you were the one that made the statements in the first place :laugh2: no animosity killer, just a reply.

Originally posted by berniec

Uhhh just about any other major club in the city has just as many half naked sweaty people in it too...look at Roxy or Factory...as far as i'm concerned, its just part of the scene...

Bern

Have you been someplace besides Roxy, Factory and Exit? just wondering...

santana and tsettos definetly are cheese.. thats indisputable.. cheese in the sense that they cater to a commercial crowd...

my question is, the majority of people that go out to roxy or whatever dotn' really go for a particular dj when its one of the new york house guys, ie boris etc.. so why not just bring in some of the other guys named by vixen that wont' break the bank, yet bring quality tunes, and still maintain the big crowd? i mean, if you had ashley caselle or roger sanchez to name a couple, there could still be a good crowd in there and yet good music.. people arent' gonna stay away b/c its not tsettos.. lmaoooo

Originally posted by PFloyd40

santana and tsettos definetly are cheese.. thats indisputable.. cheese in the sense that they cater to a commercial crowd...

my question is, the majority of people that go out to roxy or whatever dotn' really go for a particular dj when its one of the new york house guys, ie boris etc.. so why not just bring in some of the other guys named by vixen that wont' break the bank, yet bring quality tunes, and still maintain the big crowd? i mean, if you had ashley caselle or roger sanchez to name a couple, there could still be a good crowd in there and yet good music.. people arent' gonna stay away b/c its not tsettos.. lmaoooo

im not gonna sit here and argue about denny and richie being cheese b/c i dont think they are and u aint changin my mind like im not changin yours :D

But you pose a good point and i'd love to see that also. But the fact is, even though you feel they dont go for particular dj's, they really do. There will be a much bigger influx of NJ heads in exit this friday b/c of richie and next week cuz of denny. Vicious week at roxy i see a lot of the same people that I dont see there every other week. But even if u did WEEK 1- Roger Sanchez, WEEK 2- Superchumbo, Week 3-Ashley Casselle, Im sorry but the majority of that crowd will stop coming--you assume "and still maintain the big crowd"-- I would love to see it as much as you but its not a reality, it wouldnt happen.

As for the Muzik fridays, everytime I went there was no vibe and no effort to help that, and as I remember correctly, the security problems I had actually BEGAN at muzik fridays....

whatever, we could argue for days over this and we actually have. The point is, everyone on clubplanet thinks they can run a nightclub (secretly i think we all want to) Some people have been behind the scenes and understand how it goes down. Then you ALL know the uphill battle this Evolution team faces. Its like turning a crack shack into a community center. :laugh: I hope this goes well b/c having exit as an option on fridays would be nice being that its such a huge club. I know Ill be there friday to support and see how it goes.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

As for the Muzik fridays, everytime I went there was no vibe and no effort to help that, and as I remember correctly, the security problems I had actually BEGAN at muzik fridays....

whatever, we could argue for days over this and we actually have. The point is, everyone on clubplanet thinks they can run a nightclub (secretly i think we all want to) Some people have been behind the scenes and understand how it goes down. Then you ALL know the uphill battle this Evolution team faces. Its like turning a crack shack into a community center. :laugh

Mike Bugout

That's not true at all - I seem to remember that you were not involved in any way with the Muzik Fridays, but I was part of a small team of promoters that I spent plenty of time with deliberating and strategizing over how to fix the problems that had come up before and during the party, and we worked our asses off UNTIL we had a vibe - ask anyone who was at Ferry the night he played - and as soon as we'd acheived that, we got smacked down as things were getting good and we were told that Draper was coming back.

Don't talk to me like I "think I can run a nightclub" and that I'm not "behind the scenes and don't understand how it goes down". I worked with Exit myself on a party looking to do the exact same thing, and have been working in this business for years, and if there's one thing I'm not, it's stupid. Idealistic, maybe - but please don't try talking down to me like that, just because I'm not Mike Bugout doesn't mean I don't know anything, and there's no reason for that. Especially because every promoter and every owner has his or HER idea about what's right, what's possible and what should be tried - just because we don't agree doesn't mean you know it all and have the right to be condescending. That is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

p.s. - Just because I worked with this party before I'm not saying that it's impossible to change it, or that we had flawless execution of our plans, etc. etc. but you can't pretend like we didn't work our asses off for it, because that's like me telling you that you didn't work your ass off to get where you are in your DJ career - no one can possibly understand what goes on behind closed doors unless they're behind them themselves. :aright::)

What about Anthony Nero on sats when EXIT had him spinning there main floor till 6 then Junior came on he had that place pretty full and ripped it a part each week and the crowed was really fealin him but then exit lets him go , We would love the Itnl talent i know but like bugout said people would only show up cause there big names and thats it, We need the local talent in there and build this place back, cause the whole intl thing wont work for long , It only worked for TWILO but thats twilo and its gone now , Let the local talent in there and let them show all of us they deserve to be there cause i knwo ill go cause there not bad at all there really good and can make us have so fun in there and knwo what we want to hear, hopefully Bobg can turn this around cause we all know Exit has the full potenial to be one of if not the best club in the city, Nero, Bugout and Rizzo should def be on the roster in there!!!!!!!!

Everyone is starting to get on my nerves with this Exit shit.

I hope the party does well, and Bobby is a really good promoter, he knows what he's doing, and he's working hard to make the change that EVERYONE wants in that building. Everyone is bitching ALL THE TIME about Exit and how the music sucks and how the crowd sucks and how the security sucks, ETC.. soo..

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T ALL OF YOU BE SUPPORTIVE OF THIS EFFORT TOWARDS CHANGE THAT HE IS WORKING SO HARD FOR?

This is exactly what pissed me off when Muzik Fridays was in the works. Everyone's got something negative to say YET no one is willing to work towards a change for the positive. No one is willing to come out and bare with the changings of a shitty nightclub in order to support the change and push towards a good. As far as I'm concerned, don't fucking bitch about Exit anymore if you're not willing to help push it in the right direction. That's like sitting on your fucking ass bitching that you don't want to watch the same channel anymore but then being too fucking lazy to get up and change the channel.

I'm one to bitch adamantly about Exit and what sux about it.. but I'm also the one to suck up my pride and head over to that hellhole to support efforts being made to change everything that's wrong with it. So what if it doesn't work, at least I can say I tried. At least I can say that I did what I could to help Exit change and didn't sit behind my computer bitching all day long about how much Exit sucks instead of trying to make everything that's wrong with it go away.

In the spring, like Aly said, Reach Productions played an active role in trying to give that place the change it needed.. we thought that maybe the music would help, since everyone bitches about Draper all the fucking time. There were efforts made to change other things in that nightclub that just never worked out. Muzik Fridays flopped. But now there is another big promoter going in with a different plan of action. Despite the defeat in the spring, I'm still gonna go and support everything Bobby decides to do. Maybe if more people did, it wouldn't be as disasterous as Muzik Fridays was.

Whatever.. I can go on forever but I think you get my major point. Everyone claims that they love Exit's building, everything inside just sucks. Well Bobby is working hard to make a complete change in everything inside that place, from the music to the crowd to the security.. and if you had any care in the world for the future of that building, you'd stop bitching and go and support him. Even if you DON'T go to Exit, you don't have to smash the living shit outta the party before it even has a chance to prove itself.