Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need a IT Headhunter

bogb

Localizing basically means translating software to the "local" language, in this case, Spanish. You think everyone out there uses Windows in English? Half the computers I've fixed in Miami have the Spanish language pack on as opposed to English.

Originally posted by pod

I'm just explaining an example of a bi-lingual IT job someone could have...

damn bro.. you come up with the most unusual facts....I am pretty sure those "jobs" are not based here in Miami but in the software development headquarters. I am in the IT field and never saw or heard aobut a position like that otherwise I would have applied since my spanish skills are superb. :D

One of the BEST Placement agencies in the state of Florida and internationally is Robert Half. They specialize in many fields and one there largest deparment is their IT division. Here is there website for your review. Robert Half Consulting They placed me in my current job (paralegal which in the legal field) and they also placed my boyfriend in his current IT job.

Originally posted by shroomy

there are still IT jobs out there for the right skill set.

Are you looking to contract of perm?

Whats your skill set and I'll let you know what the market is like.

Visual Basic 6, Oracle 8i, COBOL(IBM MVS & UNISYS) JCL ......

you should be fine....

Some of the larger shops that do vb and oracle work are

Office Depot

American Express

Siemens

Sensoramic

Bank of America

Sorry, I don't have much to do with the mainframe stuff.

There is still a fair amount of projects going with vb6 but most are at least looking at .Net so it is good to at least be able to bluff your way through it a bit (since not many people really know the .net stuff well, except me :) )

It would really help if you could say you knew some MS SQL too, which is 100 times easier to use than oracle. (and usually more appropriate IMHO)

There is still a fair amount of projects going with vb6 but most are at least looking at .Net so it is good to at least be able to bluff your way through it a bit (since not many people really know the .net stuff well, except me )

I'd have to agree with Shroomy...

.Net or J2EE is the software of the future. I personally am biased using J2EE only because it is open sourced.