Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who do you think is NJ's # one DJ

Originally posted by wakeup

kirk lopez no man can play the same tracks like he can week after week at surf club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good pick....the most underrated dj....i agree

i think wakeup was being sarcastic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Richie Santana he is off the hook, and also one of my friends, but you all forgot about tha man who has torn it up down the shore for the last 8 years, Teo T, he is the man, and anyone that was at Deko the night he and Santana spun together knows that it was the sickest night of music that Deko has ever seen.:bounce: :bounce: :dj::clap2:

I should avoid this thread but anyways.

No one mixes like Denny Tsettos(Period) He takes the most chances and always bangs them out. Especially Acapellas, no one can drop an acapella like Denny. In 2000 at Tempts Denny had Oompa mixed with the chapter going strong for about 2 mins and right as they peaked you could hear the charge from Kiss building up, they all hit at the same time, and at this point I can say that it was the best mix I've ever heard in my life... period. Richie Santana I believe is the most consistent DJ around. He always plays well, good mixing and good attitude. Track selection is usually safe, new tracks and classics on occasion, always upbeat and good vibe. Richie Rydell is a great guy, he plays for HIS crowd, which now a days is pretty big. I love when Richie decides to start hitting it hard (like he did at surf club closing party) you will also see this at Metro on NYE (sorry I'll be at Deko though Richie) that is how Richie got as big as he did, and now that he's got more people listening, I'd say prepare for a conversion back to that soon. Thats when Richie plays his best. Kirk Lopez is a great crowd reader. The best part about Kirk is that he can get away with playing almost anything that he wants, due to the fact that we all expect Kirk to surprise us with a classic or something. Let me also say this, Kirk is the only person that can mix a track in 2 seconds. Therefore Denny is my favorite at Tempts, Richie Rydell is my Favorite at Metro, Kirk Lopez is my favorite at Surf Club and Joey's and Richie Santana is great at Deko, i also like Denny at Deko. These guys all play great when they are in their comfort zone. And thats when I like each one of them.

Originally posted by themoo

I should avoid this thread but anyways.

No one mixes like Denny Tsettos(Period) He takes the most chances and always bangs them out. Especially Acapellas, no one can drop an acapella like Denny. In 2000 at Tempts Denny had Oompa mixed with the chapter going strong for about 2 mins and right as they peaked you could hear the charge from Kiss building up, they all hit at the same time, and at this point I can say that it was the best mix I've ever heard in my life... period. Richie Santana I believe is the most consistent DJ around. He always plays well, good mixing and good attitude. Track selection is usually safe, new tracks and classics on occasion, always upbeat and good vibe. Richie Rydell is a great guy, he plays for HIS crowd, which now a days is pretty big. I love when Richie decides to start hitting it hard (like he did at surf club closing party) you will also see this at Metro on NYE (sorry I'll be at Deko though Richie) that is how Richie got as big as he did, and now that he's got more people listening, I'd say prepare for a conversion back to that soon. Thats when Richie plays his best. Kirk Lopez is a great crowd reader. The best part about Kirk is that he can get away with playing almost anything that he wants, due to the fact that we all expect Kirk to surprise us with a classic or something. Let me also say this, Kirk is the only person that can mix a track in 2 seconds. Therefore Denny is my favorite at Tempts, Richie Rydell is my Favorite at Metro, Kirk Lopez is my favorite at Surf Club and Joey's and Richie Santana is great at Deko, i also like Denny at Deko. These guys all play great when they are in their comfort zone. And thats when I like each one of them.

i think u are accurate on that...those guys are guys who i look up to on personal levels and skill levels...some more on personality then skill..but thats just me...

I personally like to actually listen to Richie Santana and Kirk...and I have actually never hear Mr Rydell...I am trying thought to get a friday off to listen to him....But being a tribal and drum fan...Richie Santana's style suits me better...

How come every time I go to temps 'cheetos' only mixes KTU crap. I never heard him take a chance. Look I have no problem with denny it just that people jump on the bandwagon and say that he's a great DJ because they feel that they have too. He's really not that spectacular I don't understabnd the hype.

Originally posted by themoo

Therefore Denny is my favorite at Tempts, Richie Rydell is my Favorite at Metro, Kirk Lopez is my favorite at Surf Club and Joey's and Richie Santana is great at Deko, i also like Denny at Deko. These guys all play great when they are in their comfort zone. And thats when I like each one of them.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by ninadd

How come every time I go to temps 'cheetos' only mixes KTU crap. I never heard him take a chance. Look I have no problem with denny it just that people jump on the bandwagon and say that he's a great DJ because they feel that they have too. He's really not that spectacular I don't understabnd the hype.

THATS ACTUALLY NOT TRUE...DENNY TRULY DOES NOT PLAY KTU TRACKS AT TEMPTS....MAYBE SOME OF THE SONGS HE PLAYS EVENTUALLY MAKES IT TO THE RADIO, BUT HE DOES NOT PLAY SONGS THAT ARE PLAYED OUT ON KTU. DENNY AT TEMPTS PLAYS ALOT OF TRIBAL/HOUSE TRACKS, OF WHICH MOST ARE CURRENT AND SOME THAT YOU MAY NOT EVEN KNOW, .....IF YOUR LOOKING TO HEAR REALLY HARD OR TRANCY SHIT...YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO TEMPTS........

AS FOR CALLING DENNY "CHEETOS," WELL THATS ABOUT AS OLD AND PLAYED OUT AS YOU CAN GET

richie rydel best dj in jersey imo also i really like santana. rydel bangs out the hard techy tracks and sntana plays tribal all night long. As far as denny goes . . . um i guess hes good if ur into hearing classics evry single time he spins. guy can't create a vibe without playing old tracks just my opinion though. what do i know