Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Party of the year?

What's your pick for events (a single night or day) in NYC in 2002 that you went to?

No bashing please.

There were too many for me to choose from, but I think I'll go with PVD @ Arc

edit:

Codica, you've given me an idea... but would asking about the best/favorite regular (weekly/biweekly/monthly) event create too much drama?

Originally posted by CTAC

is it true DT turns down his music and talks to the crowd during his sets?

only if he is playing a new song....or wants to tell you a little history about the track....is usually music related.....keeps the crowd very connected with him and their is a lot of industry heads who want to know what tracks he is banging....i like it...but some people don't...

Originally posted by wallflour

edit:

Codica, you've given me an idea... but would asking about the best/favorite regular (weekly/biweekly/monthly) event create too much drama?

Nahh.. it shouldn't cause any drama.. I don't see why..

There are several parties this year I thought were excellent.. obviously the Vinyl Saturday parties which includes Danny Howells there once a month.. Saturday has just been swarming with talent over there on Hubert Street. :D Also I'd have to go with the Centro Fly Thursday party.. it's been running strong since the beginning of August and bringing in amazing talent week after week as well as having absolutely amazing resident DJs: LES every week. Two thumbsup up to both those parties.

As for single date party of the year.. I've had many good nites out for many different reasons so I don't know if I can really pick just a couple.. :D

its funny how just a few weeks ago certain people (*no one on this thread*) were saying how ARC is done and how dead its been and they think its gonna close down, but meanwhile, everyone is saying some of their favorite parties of the year were held at ARC. Just thought I would point it out.

Joe

My Votes Go To;

Paul Van Dyk @ Arc

Deep Dish @ Brazil (Hamptons)

Be Yourself W/ Danny Tenaglia @ Brazil (Hamptons Labor Day Weekend)

Be Yourself W/ Danny Tenaglia @ Vinyl (Pre Arc) Mad Hatter Party

Frankie Knuckles Subliminal Sessions @ Shelter

As A Vibe Over All

Weekly Party of The Year

Shelter Saturdays

&

Be Yourself Friday

Im inclined to say -

Summer Madness @ Exit!

Judge Jules & Christopher Lawerence, coupled with my first NYC clubbing experiance, not to mention it was in the biggest club around!

Almost a religious experiance the first time the foam dropped when Jules was playing!

and in a great ironic twist, the white room became the jungle room for one night, filled with dirty agressive junglists (along with myself)

that one sticks out in a great year filled with many great parties, and many not to great ones :)

Danny Howells NYE 2002...

Been just about a year and havent experienced a vibe like that since.

Runner ups:

~Roger Sanchez at Vinyl 2/02

~Danny Tenaglias Bday party @ Vinyl

~Danny Howells @ WMC-tie between his sets at Bed and the Aqua Hotel pool party.

well GKGG is my top...but that wasnt a NY event

so here are my fav NY events

1. Sven Vath at Vinyl 4/23

2. Danny Howells at Vinyl 2/28

3. Carl Cox at Roxy 10/31

4. Xpress 2 @ PS1 8/2....very suprising set...wasnt expecting it to be so good

5. Sandra Collins & Guy Ornadel at Roxy 9/23?.....good ol' Turnmills lineup :grin:

#1 PVD at ARC

#2 PVD at SF tied with AVB at Roxy 12/13

#3 Sander Kleinenberg at ARC 10/18 tied with Danny Howells NYE 2002 at Vinyl

the PVD party on a monday night was the best vibe i have ever felt at ARC/Vinyl (well...any club for that matter, except for Digweed at Twilo maybe), too bad i had to go to work the next day and wasn't there for the whole set.