Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Midnight Room @ Exit (preview this friday)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

and bugout - whats the music policy of this new room? strictly house/trance? R u in charge of booking? Either way let me know, and i will make a suitable demo for you or whoever books (i hope things arent done the old exit way ie ticket sales ;) Ive been itching to play some house at Exit ..but lets hope the red room stays hard - i liek it that way!

There is no music policy per say, if you spin well and you can keep people bouncin then that is the type of atmosphere we want to create.

NO TICKETS!!!! No white room bullshit either. You are dealing with a couple guys that are here for the scene. See above, and contact one of us. :)

Originally posted by zeeker

I meant to post this in this thread...

2 questions...

about this Midnight list...what if people already have their own lists to use, etc...

also, what about people who get there after the guestlist closes at 1?

?

Originally posted by xtcgspot

WOW! well now i def know wut im doin tomorrow nite. screw powder, ima check out bugout tomorrow. this definitely sounds like a great idea, congrats mike.

hey, maybe i'll hand in a demo...hmmmm.

Yay!! If I make it tomorrow I'll get to see you again, and maybe you won't be so tired like you were at Roxy.

Originally posted by codica3

Yay!! If I make it tomorrow I'll get to see you again, and maybe you won't be so tired like you were at Roxy.

lol i was exhausted that nite at roxy. i was out drinkin all nite the nite before that. i'll be in better shape tomorrow nite...no drinkin for me tonite ;)

2 questions...

about this Midnight list...what if people already have their own lists to use, etc...

also, what about people who get there after the guestlist closes at 1?

This is our first week of doing this so this week will be sort of a preview. Use the Midnight List for reduced at the door and we'll figure out the deal when everyone is inside..

But being that the room is so small, we need a way to insure that the guests of the DJ who is playing will be allowed in. So if you use someone else's list, it doesnt mean u cant get in...But if u get in there and the room is packed and we can only let a few people in--the people stamped will get in before you do...u know what i mean?

Also again if u arrive after the lists close, you'll be in the same boat. Of course you can always find me or larry and we'll stamp you--like i said I dont want to turn this into another White Room--Its just that we need to accomplish 2 things by being selective-

1- Seperate the room from the other rooms and not have it be crammed in

2-Show Exit's management that we're doing well...One thing that HASNT changed at exit is that we can pack that room every week but if the List isnt doing #'s, they dont care. This happens at every club tho, not just exit. So if the list does well, not only will the club know we're doing well, but we may be able to fix the room up some more (better equip, better lights, ectect)

any questions zeek just Email me or IM me directly and we can talk....djmikebugout@aol.com

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

2-Show Exit's management that we're doing well...One thing that HASNT changed at exit is that we can pack that room every week but if the List isnt doing #'s, they dont care. This happens at every club tho, not just exit. So if the list does well, not only will the club know we're doing well, but we may be able to fix the room up some more (better equip, better lights, ectect)

Excactly. They aren't going to look at how many people are in our room, they are looking at the numbers that the list is doing. If we have a packed room but 10 people use the Midnight list, the Midnight Room will be extinct before we even get to make a real establishement.

Like Mike said, this is not the white room. But if the room is packed we have to take care of the people that take care of the room. That is why we are going with the stamp/wristband idea.

Originally posted by legend38

Excactly. They aren't going to look at how many people are in our room, they are looking at the numbers that the list is doing. If we have a packed room but 10 people use the Midnight list, the Midnight Room will be extinct before we even get to make a real establishement.

Like Mike said, this is not the white room. But if the room is packed we have to take care of the people that take care of the room. That is why we are going with the stamp/wristband idea.

that actually makes perfect sense. I'm assuming it's in effect tomorrow night then...?

Originally posted by sdeelite

Guys which room did u get?

It's the side room on the 2nd floor.. near the huge main coat check.. it used to be vocal house and then it went to breaks and then it was closed for a while.. it's the room leading up to the roof from the 2nd floor.

that actually makes perfect sense. I'm assuming it's in effect tomorrow night then...?

Yup, it is in effect. Because this is all so abrupt, this is a preview party. We have Bugout and DJ Drag spinnin. By early next week we are going to have solid line ups for the next month. We will keep you posted. :)

right now its looking like I will be there...should be fun! And let me say one thing - that room was BUMPING deep dish night, (dj's werent top of the line however, and they switched over to hip hop 1/2 way through the night) That was my first time in there in 10+ times goin there, and I only went in because I turned down playing there and then kicked myself in the ass when I saw how many people were there!

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

right now its looking like I will be there...should be fun! And let me say one thing - that room was BUMPING deep dish night, (dj's werent top of the line however, and they switched over to hip hop 1/2 way through the night) That was my first time in there in 10+ times goin there, and I only went in because I turned down playing there and then kicked myself in the ass when I saw how many people were there!

Definitely must meet you if you show up tomorrow. :)