Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOLY SHIT!!That had to be the coolest night of my life!

OK so last night, I started off planning to sit on my ass....

...and ended up DJ'ing at the Whiskey (W hotel off times square)!!!! :woah:

First time EVER playing out - it was SUCH an amazing experience!!! Total rush! The first set I played at the beginning of the night was a bit lost on a still-sober and very mainstream crowd, but I still had a nice little crowd that was willing to dance and everyone was at least bouncing around at the bars and tables. I was alternating with the hip hop DJ, and so after a while, I had some people come up to the booth and ask me to please go back and spin another set, along with some other really flattering comments :):D - so round 2 came along and this time I had a bigger crowd out on the floor, much more energy, got to take what I was spinning a little deeper, and I rang in the new year in the best way possible - behind the decks with headphones around my neck!!!! :D :D :D I had a third set about an hour later and ROCKED the place - I don't know if it was that I had gotten people inside after the ball drop who were just more true partiers and knew the music, or if everyone was drunk enough to forget that they don't hear house on the radio every day, but nearly everyone was up, dancing and singing along to my tracks - All I have to say is - WOW :eek: WHAT an INCREDBLE RUSH it was to get behind the decks and have people whistling, cheering and clapping for ME - I loved how people would come by the booth and show support and everything! I am STILL just GLOWING I'm so happy!!!

Two things I noticed though -

1)Exactly how different people's response is to music they know versus music they don't - both with my tracks and even with my hip hop DJ's tracks - people are realllly creatures of habit and comfort. :shaky:

2) Being a girl behind the decks is GREAT - everyone was like, really surprised and impressed and most people that came to the booth to chat with me said that they've never seen a girl DJ before :laugh2: Everyone was sooooo nice and it's pretty rare that so many people have such enthusiastic comments all at once!

OK I'm going to go bounce around my house and be giddy some more 'cause I'm still not over how COOL last night was and how cool my crowd was!!!

Oh yeah and HUGE thanks goes out to DJ Jordan Laws, the hip hop DJ, for giving me my big chance :D :D :D And btw if anyone ever needs a GREAT hip hop DJ - this guy rules! I was really impressed with HIM!!

Originally posted by smokesum

i thought the coolest night of your life was when we exchanged bodily fluids that fine summer day under the bright full moon in the middle of the woods. :confused:

LoL don't you wishhhhhhh..... :rolleyes: horny croat....

Fabio - I've been back for a few weeks now, just hiding out and being a lazy shizz instead of going out. couch.gif

Starshaped - Not that you would have liked it, my dearest critic, but, Kings of Tomorrow - I Want You For Myself (Yoshitoshi) :)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Starshaped - Not that you would have liked it, my dearest critic, but, Kings of Tomorrow - I Want You For Myself (Yoshitoshi) :)

Yes,never hear of it :D I notice how you finally rocked it after everyone was pissed and would have danced to anything:tongue: just an observation:D

Originally posted by starshaped

Yes,never hear of it :D I notice how you finally rocked it after everyone was pissed and would have danced to anything:tongue: just an observation:D

Excuse you but I did very well for all three sets! Mainstream american crowds won't dance to EDM - I'm fairly certain everyone on this board will support that fact - Most of them don't even want to listen to it, which is why we don't have it on the radio unless it's an underground station or an internet station. So shut yer yap - I kicked ASS last night to a degree even exceeding my own expectations - I didn't expect anyone to get it at all!

And if I'd played any of YOUR shit no one would have even stayed in the building, myself included:finger:

Originally posted by sheendawg

Go Vixxen Foxy!! Congrats on your set, I am so envious, I wanna learn how to DJ!! I wanna be the Beverly Bond of house music. Don't know of any black female house DJs as of yet!:laugh:

LMAO@ the plz die sign in your sig. :laugh: :laugh:

You should do it! I don't think I know of any either - that would be a good addition to the scene - we need to diversify!!!

Thank you starshaped ;) You lil' wanker.... :aright::tongue:

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

is it me or is DJFABIOC the second most lost person on CP after Dan Wilson

did i ask you anything here?do u even know what i'am asking her?

As far as read her posts yesterday she was staying in and i knew that she lived in DC, that is why i asked her...capice?

Originally posted by djfabioc

did i ask you anything here?do u even know what i'am asking her?

As far as read her posts yesterday she was staying in and i knew that she lived in DC, that is why i asked her...capice?

She said TIMES SQUARE. You're an airhead. :idea:

@ Vixxenfoxy - I just noticed that song you mentioned - that's my SHIT!! Being the huge Deep Dish fan that I am, I know that's from the In House We Trust Vol. 1 CD - Track 4!!! That CD took me up and down the turnpike before I moved up here for good. :rock: I fucks witchu!!

great track... though i prefer Kings of Tommorrow - Fade II Black (Roger S Blackout rmx) & Finally (Kevin Yost extended vocal mix) being a fan and dj of deep vocal house myself. DJ Ali, Jay-J and Chris Lum tracks are hot as well if you're into the westcoast sound. ill have to come out to your next gig in dc or nyc.

Originally posted by djwrecknyc

great track... though i prefer Kings of Tommorrow - Fade II Black (Roger S Blackout rmx) & Finally (Kevin Yost extended vocal mix) being a fan and dj of deep vocal house myself. DJ Ali, Jay-J and Chris Lum tracks are hot as well if you're into the westcoast sound. ill have to come out to your next gig in dc or nyc.

I actually dropped Chris Lum's Feelin' High the other nite, lol I think I scared a few people with that but most people thought the orgasming chick was funny

:tongue: Def come hear me spin - I'll let you know when I'm out again :)

Sheendawg - you should come next time I play - I can guarantee you I'll drop that, it's one of my faaaaaves :D

OK so last night, I started off planning to sit on my ass....

...and ended up DJ'ing at the Whiskey (W hotel off times square)!!!! :woah:

First time EVER playing out - it was SUCH an amazing experience!!! Total rush! The first set I played at the beginning of the night was a bit lost on a still-sober and very mainstream crowd, but I still had a nice little crowd that was willing to dance and everyone was at least bouncing around at the bars and tables. I was alternating with the hip hop DJ, and so after a while, I had some people come up to the booth and ask me to please go back and spin another set, along with some other really flattering comments :):D - so round 2 came along and this time I had a bigger crowd out on the floor, much more energy, got to take what I was spinning a little deeper, and I rang in the new year in the best way possible - behind the decks with headphones around my neck!!!! :D :D :D I had a third set about an hour later and ROCKED the place - I don't know if it was that I had gotten people inside after the ball drop who were just more true partiers and knew the music, or if everyone was drunk enough to forget that they don't hear house on the radio every day, but nearly everyone was up, dancing and singing along to my tracks - All I have to say is - WOW :eek: WHAT an INCREDBLE RUSH it was to get behind the decks and have people whistling, cheering and clapping for ME - I loved how people would come by the booth and show support and everything! I am STILL just GLOWING I'm so happy!!!

Two things I noticed though -

1)Exactly how different people's response is to music they know versus music they don't - both with my tracks and even with my hip hop DJ's tracks - people are realllly creatures of habit and comfort. :shaky:

2) Being a girl behind the decks is GREAT - everyone was like, really surprised and impressed and most people that came to the booth to chat with me said that they've never seen a girl DJ before :laugh2: Everyone was sooooo nice and it's pretty rare that so many people have such enthusiastic comments all at once!

OK I'm going to go bounce around my house and be giddy some more 'cause I'm still not over how COOL last night was and how cool my crowd was!!!

Oh yeah and HUGE thanks goes out to DJ Jordan Laws, the hip hop DJ, for giving me my big chance :D :D :D And btw if anyone ever needs a GREAT hip hop DJ - this guy rules! I was really impressed with HIM!!

some of my friends went, they had a room there, and they said they had an off the hook time... and of course the reason why im telling you is, because they said the music was off the hook... not sure if there were others playing or whatever just thought id let you know... keep up the good work bebe...