Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why did roxy fridays close?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by roninmess

aww im touched that a lurker knows how 3 months ago i posted pictures of me with my apparent "idols." hateeeee on nigga.

and yes, hip hop sucks.

well how can you miss it. you look pathetic at times. your a hardcore clubber though :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by johnholmes

how about my friends and i set up a date so we can bukkake your asian face and send it to backroomfacials.com :idea:

Why, you're not man enough to handle your own affairs? You have to have your boys with you to get off? :rolleyes:

Hip Hop party @ Roxy now? Wow, now 95% of New York has that... glad to see they've got hip hop covered, I thought there was a shortage.

So, officially, there are what? 5 places covering the dance scene? exit, webster, SF, Arc, Centrofly?

Originally posted by x-phactor

serously, what a waste of steve dash sound. hip hop is just pure crap, my god what musical aspect is there about hip hop that makes it so good? my god its just rhymes put together over a fruityloops loop, nothing to awe over. my $.02 on that. :D

As much as bobbing your head like those fuckwads in "Night at the Roxbury"

:aright:

Ass clown

don't get me wrong-i like hip hop-but not in the club venue-when i go out clubbin i don't exactly feel hip-hop. i just think of listening to it when i'm just hanging out, but not clubbin no offense to anyone. but i think that they made a valid pt that there are too many hip-hop and commercial clubs already and its kinda a waste of the roxy

Originally posted by zoomxc01

don't get me wrong-i like hip hop-but not in the club venue-when i go out clubbin i don't exactly feel hip-hop. i just think of listening to it when i'm just hanging out, but not clubbin no offense to anyone. but i think that they made a valid pt that there are too many hip-hop and commercial clubs already and its kinda a waste of the roxy

Whoa whoa whoa....exactly how many are out there? The only pure ones I know of are at Speed and Cheetah...everywhere has a hip-hop room.

Originally posted by spragga25

Whoa whoa whoa....exactly how many are out there? The only pure ones I know of are at Speed and Cheetah...everywhere has a hip-hop room.

the 2 places you name do cater to a more "hip hop" crowd, but you walk into any lounge in the city and hip hop is the choice of music for geeks, to tourists, to thugs (or electro-clash).

Man o man... Oh by the way, I just found out PVD's New York date now has a TBC listed for the venue, it was roxy...

So it maybe changed!

And there's nothing wrong w/ hip hop, you can listen to it on the radio, watch it on MTV, and well, get it all the time. Every lounge has it, almost all clubs have it... They play songs everyone has heard of and can sing to it, and its basically the same songs over and over...

All of my colleagues here in NY are 100% hip hop.... I myself am dying b/c I like to dance, and the hip hop scene is about grinding some girl... not the reason I go out.

The dance scene is just a little faster paced, far more fun...

Nothing better than electronic to get your groove on... If any of you get a chance to make it out to LA or Miami for their dance scene, I'd recommend it. I've heard Dallas is gettin into it big time also.

Hip hop is nice for the radio's & TV... Trance/House...now that's when the party gets started.