Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How my night at Metro was crushed RIP Ski we miss you

I was about 5am I was feeling nice. wacked out of my mind just chilling, listening to Richie doing his thing. When a friend of mine approached me and said ,"hey you know Ski right" I replied "yeah why whats up". He said,"he died tonight". Being in the state of mind I was in being wacked, this was the worst thing I could ever hear. He proceeded to tell me what happened. I couldnt under stand what he was saying. I went deaf and stupid at the words "he died tonight". I just kept thinking there must be a mistake.Yesterday the sad reality sat in my friend Ski was dead. If you havent heard he was at Southpark and was kicked out by bouncers as my other friends were getting their coats he decided to stray from the club. He was the second automobile fatality of the new year in nj. He was struck by 2 cars on route 17 while crossing.Why was he crossing? Only God knows. Please God take care of my friend.b/c we can't. he is gone now only leaving us with the memory of his presence. Maybe some of you know him he was the very funny cook at hooters on 17. the skinny kid.Please everyone call a cab or wait for friends. We can all learn a lesson from the two loses of life from walking out of a club over the past few weeks

Ski we miss you, we love you buddy

see you when I get there :( :( :(

Scott

I was really close with ski and found out he died today. I went to school and he used to work at my best friends car audio shop. Ski was a kid who always made you laugh every time you saw him. Its a sad story and ski will definitely be missed :( If you know when the wake is please let me know cause it wasn't in the obituaries section.

Elmwood Park man killed on Route 17

Thursday, January 02, 2003

By MAIA DAVIS

Staff Writer

An Elmwood Park man who tried to walk across Route 17 in Paramus early Wednesday morning was hit by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The victim, Richard Leschynski, 22, was hit in the highway's far left southbound lane about 1:30 a.m., officials from the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office said. He was pronounced dead at Hackensack University Medical Center at 2:06 a.m., a hospital spokesman said.

Asaid Moubsit, of Rutherford, the driver of the first car that hit Leschynski, has been charged with driving while intoxicated. Authorities said other charges are possible depending on the results of their investigation.

The accident occurred near the Linwood Avenue exit as Leschynski attempted to cross the southbound lanes, said John Higgins, chief of fatal accident investigations for the county prosecutor.

Moubsit, who was driving a Mercedes-Benz, did not see Leschynski, but felt the impact of the collision and stopped, Higgins said.

Prosecutor John Molinelli said Moubsit, 35, called 911 and stayed with the victim.

Before police arrived, a second car, a Honda Odyssey minivan, hit Leschynski, Molinelli said.

The minivan driver, Christopher W. Connolly, 36, of Fair Lawn, also stopped and remained at the scene, Higgins said.

Higgins said police charged Moubsit after noticing alcohol on his breath and other signs of possible intoxication.

Before deciding whether to pursue further charges, investigators are awaiting results from a blood test of Moubsit's alcohol level, which will be available in two to three weeks, Higgins said. They are also trying to determine whether the accident was avoidable, he said.

Even if a driver is intoxicated, "it still depends on whether or not a driver's reckless driving caused the death," Higgins said. "In a case like this, you'd like to see whether or not a sober driver would have hit the pedestrian as well."

so horrible,

i believe i saw something like this on 17 too, i saw a whole mess, ambulances, and what seemed to be someone just lying on the ground....and then ahead about so many feet there was a car pulled along the side of the road with a dent in the front...

so sorry to hear about this....

sorry man...this is really starting to scare me....we take our lives forgranted.....this is too much this year....

we are not invinsible...i know we think we are but were not....

Please watch after each other.....cuz we all know we cant watch ourselves at that time of drunken-ness

Originally posted by foodidoo

Scott

Scott I am very sorry for your loss, its some way to start the New Year. My heart goes out to you, losing a friend is one of life's biggest horrors. I think we can all take some responsibility when we go out with friends. Its hard to keep track of everyone when you go out, especially in a crowded nightclub but if everyone was a bit more aware perhaps tragedys like this can be avoided. Nightclubs must also take some responsibility and keep their patrons off the highways.

I knew ski very well.. i worked with him when i first started working at my job 4 years ago.. we used to alwas go to the tunnel and other places when we were younger! over the years we would hang out from time to time.. and just recently about a month ago.. he started working with me again.. i just saw him monday.. as he was leaving he kissed me good bye and wished me a happy new year.. and we were joking about how he was going to come pick me up on his harley later.. our whole restaurant has been turned upside down because of that.. i don't even know how i am going to go to work tomorrow...

he will deffinately be truely missed..

what a great way to start the new year..

im so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, my prayers are with you and his family...we should all learn from these accidents and take care of the people around us no matter what and not let people walk out of anywhere drunk or whatever they might be on. again i am so sorry about the loss of your friend. :(

Originally posted by foodidoo

I was about 5am I was feeling nice. wacked out of my mind just chilling, listening to Richie doing his thing. When a friend of mine approached me and said ,"hey you know Ski right" I replied "yeah why whats up". He said,"he died tonight". Being in the state of mind I was in being wacked, this was the worst thing I could ever hear. He proceeded to tell me what happened. I couldnt under stand what he was saying. I went deaf and stupid at the words "he died tonight". I just kept thinking there must be a mistake.Yesterday the sad reality sat in my friend Ski was dead. If you havent heard he was at Southpark and was kicked out by bouncers as my other friends were getting their coats he decided to stray from the club. He was the second automobile fatality of the new year in nj. He was struck by 2 cars on route 17 while crossing.Why was he crossing? Only God knows. Please God take care of my friend.b/c we can't. he is gone now only leaving us with the memory of his presence. Maybe some of you know him he was the very funny cook at hooters on 17. the skinny kid.Please everyone call a cab or wait for friends. We can all learn a lesson from the two loses of life from walking out of a club over the past few weeks

Scott

Oh shit! I'm sorry man......

prayer.jpg

I ALSO WORKED AT HOOTERS BACK WHEN SKI WAS THERE. I JUST FOUND OUT NOW FROM THIS THREAD THAT HE DIED. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. HE WAS THE NICEST KID AND ALWAYS MY FAVORITE COOK WHO ALWAYS MADE US LAUGH. THIS IS THE SADDEST NEWS I COULD EVER IMAGINE AND WAS IN TEARS WHEN I READ THIS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE THE WAKE IS.

RIP SKI YOU WILL BE MISSED AND ALWAYS REMEMBERED. I'M SO SORRY IT HAD TO END THIS WAY FOR YOU AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOUR FAMILY.:(

Sorry to hear about your loss. I found a little while ago that one of my best friends from college died on New Year's Eve too.

He was a big drinker and thought he was able to handle his liquor. He got behind the steering wheel while totally smashed and ran a red light and was struck by a landcruiser. The driver of the landcruiser is in critical condition with a poor outlook.

As much as you hear it over and over, it seems to go in one ear and out the other for some people, DO NOT drink and drive. No one should have to die at age 23. No one.

:(

My stomach just sank when I read this. Scott my prayers are with you and his family. It has only been a few weeks where this identical accident happened with my friend, and no words can describe how I felt. There hasn't been one hour where I don't think about my friend that I lost. Life is so fragile and short, and tragedies like this put everything into prespective. I'm so sorry... :(

Everyone please be careful, this cannot happen again.

It is so easy for someone to slip away literally.

Please look out for each other. I hate reading this trajic news.

Please please please make sure your friends are safe even if they have always held there own.

im sorry for your loss sweetie. i remember ski from back in the day at tunnel & sf. (if its the same ski...im sure it is bc theres not that many people w/ that nicname) he'll be missed. i kno its hard esp. at this time of year. my best friends father just passed away a couple of days b4 xmas, so i know its hard. just keep your head up.

muahzz

dana