Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Reverse Busts at Clubs/Raves

DETROIT

Ok....

I know plenty of people who have been busted selling, but does anyone know if reverse busts happen at any clubs or raves? That is, an undercover/security offers to sell, and then a consumer is busted for attempting to buy.

Just Curious

Ask if they are a Cop. Police must disclose that information to you...No Matter What!

My fathers best freind is a Suffolk Police Under Cover...he usually works at the Vanderbilt during parties and other places such as Cyberia and Mirage (eventhough someplaces are in Nassau). He explained to me that if you ask if they are an officer they must tell you, if they fail to do so and it is brought up in court, charges can and will be dropped.

He also taught me that if you have PBA Cards, Badges, etc...When you get pulled over, turn off your car, and put the keys on your dash board, so the officer can see them when he comes to your window, this shows courtesy, and lets the officer know you arent going to try and run from him.

Well, Shroomy you are right and wrong on this. I know for a fact that in New York a Police Offeicer must tell you if hes a cop if you ask him directly.... But lets say you are buying from some guy and he tells you hes not, then you get arrested and it goes to court, and you say that you asked him if he was a cop but he said no, so you say you should be let go. And the cop gets on the stand and says that never was he asked if he was a police officer (which there is no doubt he will do). Now who do you think the jury will believe, a cop, or you someone caught buying whatever drug it was thta you were buying.

Cops in general and the court system is soo fucked up. Cops can really get away ALOT. I have had to deal with this bulshit firsthand many times.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

Ask if they are a Cop. Police must disclose that information to you...No Matter What!

My fathers best freind is a Suffolk Police Under Cover...he usually works at the Vanderbilt during parties and other places such as Cyberia and Mirage (eventhough someplaces are in Nassau). He explained to me that if you ask if they are an officer they must tell you, if they fail to do so and it is brought up in court, charges can and will be dropped.

He also taught me that if you have PBA Cards, Badges, etc...When you get pulled over, turn off your car, and put the keys on your dash board, so the officer can see them when he comes to your window, this shows courtesy, and lets the officer know you arent going to try and run from him.

wrong they dont have to tell u shit

Originally posted by fwilso01

Thanks for all the replies.....but i was wondering if reverse busts do exist......i have never seen one, but do cops ever pose as dealers in clubs/raves? or only buyers?

yes it happend a few yrs ago at sf, they sold to people then later on in the night busted them on a fri night. also happened recently at centro fly where the bouncers beat the shit out of a "dealer" for selling who turned out to be an undercover and thats y they shut down the thurs night party

It seems to me, very unlikely that a cop would pose as a dealer and sell real drugs.

Just imagine the lawsuit if someone was injured from a drug they bought from a cop.

But of course everything has happened at sometime or another.

And Johnny and Club, I don't know for a fact that NY cops must disclose they are a cop if asked, but I sure wouldn't bet my freedom on it.

Maybe it is an internal policy or something, but it sure is not the (federal) law.

Now they cettainly do have dealers they cohearse as informants which really amounts to the same thing.

Originally posted by wakeup

also happened recently at centro fly where the bouncers beat the shit out of a "dealer" for selling who turned out to be an undercover and thats y they shut down the thurs night party

really? where did you hear that?

Originally posted by shroomy

It seems to me, very unlikely that a cop would pose as a dealer and sell real drugs.

Just imagine the lawsuit if someone was injured from a drug they bought from a cop.

But of course everything has happened at sometime or another.

And Johnny and Club, I don't know for a fact that NY cops must disclose they are a cop if asked, but I sure wouldn't bet my freedom on it.

Maybe it is an internal policy or something, but it sure is not the (federal) law.

Now they cettainly do have dealers they cohearse as informants which really amounts to the same thing.

well maybe in ny but in nj i know from 3 friends busted. their lawyers laughed when they told them they kept askin if they were cops and said thats only in the movies

Originally posted by fwilso01

Thanks for all the replies.....but i was wondering if reverse busts do exist......i have never seen one, but do cops ever pose as dealers in clubs/raves? or only buyers?

funny you bring this up but the other night i happened to turn on cops and an undercover cop was selling drugs on a street corner and after he sold the drugs a police car pulls up a block later and arrests the buyer....bullshit if you ask me.....

they must have did this to about 15 people.......arresting the buyer will not stop the drug trade.....

waiste of jail space if you ask me

its bullshit that cops have to admit being undercover. and i dont speak out of my ass but out of personal experience. 2 youngish women (about 28 each) came up to me about 2 years ago and asked me if i had pills and i asked them if they were cops or they worked for cops and they said no. i'm now on 5 years probation.