Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sander kleinenberg is coming to space

mrmovement33

mr. louis puig and the marketing staff at club space & spin. i would like to sincerely from the bottom of my musical heart and soul THANK YOU for booking sander kleinenberg on 1.18.03 what a magnificent way to start the year. for those that have not heard sander he is simply fantastic. one of the 6 nubreed dj's from global underground. and a terrific dj and producer. his house music is intoxicating.

thank you louis puig.

only one nubreed dj to go (satoshi tomiie)

Another defector from crobar. Well, I knew this already, but still...I can't really think of a decent DJ that they have lined up for this year so far. Has Space really outbid them all those times? Or does crobar just not give a shit anymore? Sure crobar's got the monthly Subliminal party, but unless it's Morillo, I'm not gonna go out of my way for it. Who knows, maybe Space will grab him (hint hint -- he brings a lot of his own gear, so be ready for some booth tinkering beforehand!) for a Subliminal party.

Well, for whatever reason, as of late I'd rather see my favorite DJs at Space/Spin anyway...the crowd is generally more into it at those places :). crobar's crowd is severely lacking in energy. Damn shame though, I've always enjoyed myself at crobar.

Originally posted by pod

Another defector from crobar. Well, I knew this already, but still...I can't really think of a decent DJ that they have lined up for this year so far. Has Space really outbid them all those times? Or does crobar just not give a shit anymore? Sure crobar's got the monthly Subliminal party, but unless it's Morillo, I'm not gonna go out of my way for it. Who knows, maybe Space will grab him (hint hint -- he brings a lot of his own gear, so be ready for some booth tinkering beforehand!) for a Subliminal party.

Well, for whatever reason, as of late I'd rather see my favorite DJs at Space/Spin anyway...the crowd is generally more into it at those places :). crobar's crowd is severely lacking in energy. Damn shame though, I've always enjoyed myself at crobar.

The Crobar people need to get their shit together. :mad:

Originally posted by pod

Sure crobar's got the monthly Subliminal party, but unless it's Morillo, I'm not gonna go out of my way for it.

Actually, Melvin Moore is a very talented member of the Subliminal family. Didn't get a chance to check him out when he came down here, but I heard him a number of times when I lived in NYC. Give him a chance the next time he's here!!

Sander really tore the place up that nite .... my favorite set of da year .....

When I learned it last week I posted a thread ... What's Up w/Crobar ..... I'm still in disbelief .... WTF is up w/Crobar! ... I used to hangout there every time they brought a Balance DJ ...

Guess I'll see lots of Crobar familiar faces at Space ... Louis ..... please ... make him play an extended set!!!!!:eek::hat:

thank you guys for replying to my post. i can see the musical knowledge here. vipnerd i guarantee that you are one of the few that know who balance promotions are. congratulations to your ears and soul my man. senor pod, i really do not know what happened to crobar. i mostly blame it on the lack of bringing down big name dj's. there residents are pretty good.

every balance & creations party at crobar has been fantastic from dave seaman to james zabiela to chris fortier & steve porter. none of these dj's have mixed at space or spin i think. but i know they will soon.

what a shame because i truely love the dancefloor at crobar. but, maybe if the electronic gods have a say in it crobar will bring down some fantastic talent this year. then we can have 2 super clubs again.....maybe spin #3?

Originally posted by mrmovement33

thank you guys for replying to my post. i can see the musical knowledge here. vipnerd i guarantee that you are one of the few that know who balance promotions are. congratulations to your ears and soul my man. senor pod, i really do not know what happened to crobar. i mostly blame it on the lack of bringing down big name dj's. there residents are pretty good.

every balance & creations party at crobar has been fantastic from dave seaman to james zabiela to chris fortier & steve porter. none of these dj's have mixed at space or spin i think. but i know they will soon.

what a shame because i truely love the dancefloor at crobar. but, maybe if the electronic gods have a say in it crobar will bring down some fantastic talent this year. then we can have 2 super clubs again.....maybe spin #3?

Yes Mr.Movement33 ..... I agree w/u ...

And just to add a suggestion regarding Mr. Kleinenberg's set at Space ..... make it an extended set ..... and make sure to hide those bottles from Sander .... remember Opium's nite? ...

:hat:

mr. vipnerd i can see that u really know ur shit. i respect you. i remember that night during conference when the speaker blew during sander's set. or did he train wreck. please let me know. i was pretty damn wasted. i don't roll only during conference so that i really feel that shit.

an extended set would be nice. but we can only pray. that night @ opium was memorable. i remember freq nasty, tayo, & hybrid in one of the upstairs room playing dirty break-beats. i sure hope i get to hear some breaks during conference this year again. as it seems only when lee burridge or james zabiela come down no one has the balls or talent to play quality break-beat.

SANDER'S SET SHOULD BE FANTASTIC. REMEMBER AFTER HE FUCKED UP @ OPIUM THE HOUR 1/2 AFTER THAT HE PLAYED WAS AWESOME.

abraham

danny, what's up my brother. how r u. yes, finally a credible thread on my part and an interesting one...hehehehe

i also found out nick warren is coming to crobar for mike's b-day on 1.31.03 that should go down in history. i am happy to hear that crobar booked him pre-conference.