Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wakeup Come Out Of The Closet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Im sure it is. The last time I saw him was outside Temps after he got kicked out asking a cab driver how much to drive him and his girl to Newark. He was a mess.

thats the last time i saw him too and that girl is his wife. i said whats up he looked at me said how u been and got dragged away by her like always :laugh: :laugh:

bottom line is this kirk playes for the crowd....a small percentage are mp3 whore who look up what songs are coming out.. he plays well and its his job...this is what he does. so what he does is what the owners want him to do. that is what an employee does....they dont tell the owner no im not playing that because its old and i got in my email account 2 weeks ago...dont get me wrong i like to play new stuff also butwork is work and i do what pays the bills..,,,but kirk playes to the masses not the 3 % tech heads or the small amounts of people who went to see JP on Sunday morning.....He plays for the general public...I see nothing wrong with that and what he plays....I just left listening to him play and he was solid and played a great set....people were happy thats all "I" care about and the "OWNERS" care about...

this is my opinion....just how i feel about this post

Originally posted by djprime

bottom line is this kirk playes for the crowd....a small percentage are mp3 whore who look up what songs are coming out.. he plays well and its his job...this is what he does. so what he does is what the owners want him to do. that is what an employee does....they dont tell the owner no im not playing that because its old and i got in my email account 2 weeks ago...dont get me wrong i like to play new stuff also butwork is work and i do what pays the bills..,,,but kirk playes to the masses not the 3 % tech heads or the small amounts of people who went to see JP on Sunday morning.....He plays for the general public...I see nothing wrong with that and what he plays....I just left listening to him play and he was solid and played a great set....people were happy thats all "I" care about and the "OWNERS" care about...

this is my opinion....just how i feel about this post

i totally agree with u prime like i said nj is happy with a crowd having a good time, not music selection. just he shouldnt get bent out of shape cause i critiqued him going back in the summer cause it comes with the territory. besides it wasnt even him who i said was awful it was kibbles or whatever his name is. personally i think hes a good dj mixing wise just think his music selection goes perfect with ur comment of what the owners want and general public not the music heads. though i also think with that thinkin nj will always be laughed at and joked upon w/ those beliefs. esp since so many say they want to change the usual djs and music in nj. but like u said general public means $ not repsectability

Originally posted by wakeup

i totally agree with u prime like i said nj is happy with a crowd having a good time, not music selection. just he shouldnt get bent out of shape cause i critiqued him going back in the summer cause it comes with the territory. besides it wasnt even him who i said was awful it was kibbles or whatever his name is. personally i think hes a good dj mixing wise just think his music selection goes perfect with ur comment of what the owners want and general public not the music heads. though i also think with that thinkin nj will always be laughed at and joked upon w/ those beliefs. esp since so many say they want to change the usual djs and music in nj. but like u said general public means $ not repsectability

i agree with u to that extent also...but ive been around for awhile my self and kirk is the last person i feel should be shunned upon thats all....there are many other people who should catch shit for playing wack shit or following the band wagon.....kirk is a respectable business person and as me and him discussed tonight u dont see kirk in a "cheetah print jacket with air plane goggles on like other dj's i will remailn namesless a few years ago to be cool" he is down to earth.....and a great guy and a solid dj...coming from another dj myself....he plays to make people smile....the drug years are gone and people wanna have fun.....there are VERY few clubs in NJ that will let u play what the "DJ" wants.....its about majority appeal....is it right ":NO!" but its what makes the ball bounce and the pay checks...It sucks...but hey what u gonna do...I know for a fact kirk has the music to play obscure or underground.....but owners dont care about that shit...they want happy drunk people at the bars enjoying them selves...not crack head "G" heasd doing bumps on the stage listing to the new "MCQUAYLE " track...

I see your point i totally do...but i think kirk doesnt deserve the ridicule..thats all....I think your point is good $$$ doesnt mean respect but....if u couldnt play to a different crowd "ECT" and more underground crowd then i agree...but if you can and the owner wants comercial music and u do it...ur just doing ur job...thats all....if you cant play it cuz ur not talented enough is one thing but...if you play a way cuz ur told to is another ...no?

and i do remember ur statement about the 5 second mix,,,that was directed at someone else not kirk...i do remember that...

i got no beef or problems with you..im jsut defending a friend and co-worker im sure u can respect that.....

i agree with u to that extent also...but ive been around for awhile my self and kirk is the last person i feel should be shunned upon thats all....there are many other people who should catch shit for playing wack shit or following the band wagon.....kirk is a respectable business person and as me and him discussed tonight u dont see kirk in a "cheetah print jacket with air plane goggles on like other dj's i will remailn namesless a few years ago to be cool" he is down to earth.....and a great guy and a solid dj...coming from another dj myself....he plays to make people smile....the drug years are gone and people wanna have fun.....there are VERY few clubs in NJ that will let u play what the "DJ" wants.....its about majority appeal....is it right ":NO!" but its what makes the ball bounce and the pay checks...It sucks...but hey what u gonna do...I know for a fact kirk has the music to play obscure or underground.....but owners dont care about that shit...they want happy drunk people at the bars enjoying them selves...not crack head "G" heasd doing bumps on the stage listing to the new "MCQUAYLE " track...

I see your point i totally do...but i think kirk doesnt deserve the ridicule..thats all....I think your point is good $$$ doesnt mean respect but....if u couldnt play to a different crowd "ECT" and more underground crowd then i agree...but if you can and the owner wants comercial music and u do it...ur just doing ur job...thats all....if you cant play it cuz ur not talented enough is one thing but...if you play a way cuz ur told to is another ...no?

and i do remember ur statement about the 5 second mix,,,that was directed at someone else not kirk...i do remember that...

i got no beef or problems with you..im jsut defending a friend and co-worker im sure u can respect that.....

i hear ya, he was probably pissed cause i said in a post about nj 's best dj. i said kirk is cause no man can work the same tracks week in week out at surf like him bein sarcastic/wiseass of course. which he should know this whole board is 95% of the time esp the nj board. he shouldnt take it to heart but i can se how he could. he has every right to respond and make a comment or defend himself its all fun to me, i can careless its a messageboard

just offering a suggestion to end this. Wakeup is back in two weeks so what do you say i will offer up Club Rio in woodbridge. We have had neither dj there and you guys can spin on Wed the 22nd of Jan if you like. I will also have the club put up $150.00 to whomever has the best set determined by the crowd and clubplanet. If interested both Kirk and Wakeup can email clubrionj@aol.com. Happy New Year to all

Originally posted by thefan

just offering a suggestion to end this. Wakeup is back in two weeks so what do you say i will offer up Club Rio in woodbridge. We have had neither dj there and you guys can spin on Wed the 22nd of Jan if you like. I will also have the club put up $150.00 to whomever has the best set determined by the crowd and clubplanet. If interested both Kirk and Wakeup can email clubrionj@aol.com. Happy New Year to all

wrong i spun at rio when it was 360 the booth is terrible, do u still have a guitar amp for a monitor and an old denon cd player with a 1200 with a bad tonearm?? no disrespect but we'd be better off spinnin at my house with better equipment. its a shame caus ei think rio has potential to be a nice little spot too. thanks for the offer

Originally posted by thefan

not 360 anymore, new owners and new equipment. You should stop in before you make comments on a place you were at over 2 years ago. It was just a offer no problem good luck to the both of you

just stating what it had at the time i spun there for a few weeks. thats why i asked does it stil have......?? to be honest i wish that place would do well i live nearby and looks nice for a small place to chill at locally

Kirk Lopez 2002

Hunka Bunka (Resident DJ)

Djais (Resident DJ)

Surf Club (Resident DJ)

Joeys (Resident DJ)

Riverstreet (Special Guest DJ)

Soudgarden (SpecialGuest DJ)

Abyss (Special Guest DJ)

Sand Bar (Special Guest DJ)

Temps (Special Guest DJ)

These are the places I heard K Lopez spin at in 2002 in my opinion these are all well respected nightclubs in nj and I know for a fact that the owner as well as the customer appericate kirk lopez's music selection,mixing skills, his crowd reading POWER he has (MY OPINION HE IS THE BEST CROWD READER) and his great personality. Wakeup you fucked with the wrong DJ. Pick a nightclub and challenge kirk set to set.. He will crush you, but look on the bright side...you will get to play in a nightclub for the very first and last time!!!!!

:blown:

Guest saleen351

kirk it doesn't matter. Wakeup is a pussy... Lolahotass and me called him out on vipguestlist and he still won't post a pic, but he is 6'3 240 and hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. When he comes to the wmc I will deal with him.... Its put up or shut up ryan, wheres the pic you fucking pussy!!!!!!!!!! Or are you gonna go spend your nye day posting pics of me again? Or xmas day posting pic after pic after pic of me? You have no balls. You are a pussy. Straight up faggot. I even posted more pics of me for him... I have zero problem with my pics... But i'm man enough to post them, and i'm man enough to confront you. So please when this dj battle goes down. Someone snap a photo, and I will deal with this fucking pussy when he comes down.

pussy!!!!!!!!!

http://www.vipguestlist.org/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32086

Originally posted by saleen351

kirk it doesn't matter. Wakeup is a pussy... Lolahotass and me called him out on vipguestlist and he still won't post a pic, but he is 6'3 240 and hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. When he comes to the wmc I will deal with him.... Its put up or shut up ryan, wheres the pic you fucking pussy!!!!!!!!!! Or are you gonna go spend your nye day posting pics of me again? Or xmas day posting pic after pic after pic of me? You have no balls. You are a pussy. Straight up faggot. I even posted more pics of me for him... I have zero problem with my pics... But i'm man enough to post them, and i'm man enough to confront you. So please when this dj battle goes down. Someone snap a photo, and I will deal with this fucking pussy when he comes down.

i take it you forgot about your gut and bald spot

BG

saleen, don't get all fired up..........

ryan, you don't upset me and i rarely get mad.......for whatever reason you feel the need to get a dig in when you get a chance...........for example, the thread was "who's your favorite dj in jersey"(or whatever): you have to use my name and say "kirk is because nobody can play the same records over and over like he can" or whatever your sarcastic comment was.........you could of easiely said, "i don't like any jersey dj's." The point is you used my name. In the summer someone posted something about d'jais and you made a comment about kip and myself and you said i only mix for 4 beats and i play cheese........before you said that your not criticising my skills but a 4 beat mix is a criticism...is it not? I always make a point to do mixes at a 120 count minimum(depending on the record of course).....if your gonna be a critic at least know what you are talking about..........

I am mostly a commercial dj and always will be. Ryan, most girls (not all) like commercial music....they like to sing to things they know or are familiar with.......how many jersey girls do you know that are into dirty tech house (besides kosta p mom----let's just say she likes it dirty). If the girls are having a good time dancing, drinking and singin' then the guys will go......People do not always want to be educated musically, especially in central jersey......(gotta run, i'll finish my lecture later)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ibclubbin

i take it you forgot about your gut and bald spot

BG

you sell cell phones for a living...

run along, nokia boy......

Originally posted by kirklop

before you said that your not criticising my skills but a 4 beat mix is a criticism...is it not? I always make a point to do mixes at a 120 count minimum(depending on the record of course).....if your gonna be a critic at least know what you are talking about..........

Kirk....your mixing is so tight that this ass can't tell your mixing, except for 4 beats

\

I would pay top dollar to see Mr. Lopez in a Cheetah print jacket with airplane goggles!

prime is on the money. Kirk is a stand up guy, you can't say that about most people in the industry. He is one of the nicest guys i have ever met. He and his wife have welcomed me into their home, as well as always hooking myself and my friends up at tghe door and bars at Bunka, Joeys, Surf, Djais.....all of which are ALWAYS packed when he plays. He's doing something right.

Check check check check check CHECK THIS OUT

Entering the fucking ring for this main BOUT

It's K.LO, everybody get up and SHOUT

You play K.LO CHUMP

your ass gets JUMP

so mafuka use your brain and WAKEUP

He's the hottest thing in the scence.....K.LO

all the people chanting his name like he was J.LO

and who knows this, even BO

SO shut ths fuck up and GO

or else K.LO will hit you real LOW

make everybody scream WOE :eek:

Your nothing but a Fool

you go by the name dj TOOL

K.LO's middle name is COOL

You better hope his boy don't jump in, you know the RODIGGA

because that be that boys madafucka NIGGA

and we all know how they get JIGGA, JIGGA

Wakup you a poor excuse of a DJ

stick to your day job sweeping floors at BJ's

we all know how Kirk does, check him out at DJais

So what, so what, so what you WANT

if you keep shit talking, he will kick you in the CUNT

Save the Drama

for your Mamma

Kirk, do your thing and keep bringing in the DOLLA, DOLLA

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and if you don't Know

now you KNOW

Kirk. Why? Lets just say a few things, experience, The ability to read a crowd and program music, overall musical knowledge, and to change with the times. Kirk has been there done that, put him in any room and he will hold it down, including any loft party in manhattan, or Ibiza, etc. Its like this, if you are a programmer, you can prepare yourself for any room or any party. Don't judge a dj by a set you heard him play at a club where he was pleasing the crowd, (actually, I take that back, that is what a dj is supposed to do. ) If djs played for the few tech heads or track heads that were in a club on a given night, they would probably alienate the people in the audience that pay the bills. Finally my money is on Kirk, because I loved the 2 turntables and vinyl challenge-A DJ after my own heart!! Let leave the cd players home and see who comes out on top, Go spend some money on some vinyl, then we will repect you. As for the EFX box, I could take it or leave it. But I would love to see all the cd players ripped out of the clubs. Just my opinion.