Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to Ibiza

I was there this summer...greatest time of my life...just wanted to get everyone elses feedback and what their favorite thing about it was....like clubnights and shit like that...ill be back this summer for the last week of july into the first week of august (that the Radio 1 weekend)...thats when i went last year also so i avoided the peak time when everything was way to crowded....i noticed that not to many americans were down there

yup yup.. was there this summer...

clubs are amazing.. we chilled down by the port alot... good bars down there and great place to pregame before the clubs.. shit is just nonstop party, its unreal..

pacha was my fav... but space its just on another level... nothing like it anywhere... no vibe could ever compare.. carl cox's set for his thursday nite party was ridiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiculous... too bad he dont' spin like that here..

i was there third week of July, right after Love Parade, best time of my life!

What I like about it? That I can get fucked up and not feel guilty about it... I always feel guilty about getting fucked up when I started coming down

Also, I like that everyone is there to have fun. One morning we got home at around 8:30 and started going crazy, throwing shit around, jumping in the water, screaming. I few people came out on their balconies and their small children ran out, and I started to get a little paraniod, as I thought they were going to call the police or the hotel management... Instead they started going crazy with us, spraing water, throwing beach balls and stuff, that was cool!

PS. About police, did you see a single one?

Originally posted by CTAC

i was there third week of July, right after Love Parade, best time of my life!

What I like about it? That I can get fucked up and not feel guilty about it... I always feel guilty about getting fucked up when I started coming down

Also, I like that everyone is there to have fun. One morning we got home at around 8:30 and started going crazy, throwing shit around, jumping in the water, screaming. I few people came out on their balconies and their small children ran out, and I started to get a little paraniod, as I thought they were going to call the police or the hotel management... Instead they started going crazy with us, spraing water, throwing beach balls and stuff, that was cool!

PS. About police, did you see a single one?

yea i saw a few.. but they didnt' do a damn thing.. may as well have been partying w/ us!

hahaha

Pacha and Space are definitely my favorite clubs. Going back in July for 2 weeks, want to explore some differenct beaches, go to Formentera. We love sunday's at space was my favorite party. The fetish party at amnesia was fun, we got VIP passes from the people that were parading around ibiza town. Ahhh.... the memories. I stayed at the hotel ocean drive, its right across the bay from Ibiza town in Talamanca. Great views, great rooms, friendly staff... and Pacha is only a five minute walk from there!! As well as el divino.

Originally posted by jimk29

And one of my favorite things about Ibiza was the lack of Americans. I don't want to go on vacation and hang out with Americans, I want to experience different cultures and different people!

I agree, I was there 1st week of July. Only met like handful of KOOOL Americans from Cali & Chicago.

I stayed by Playa D'en Bossa. Only minutes from Bora Bora ;) ;) ;)

Ibiza is one of those places if you HAVE to go, if you love to party or love trance music!!

Originally posted by joecrack13

I was there this summer...greatest time of my life...just wanted to get everyone elses feedback and what their favorite thing about it was....like clubnights and shit like that...ill be back this summer for the last week of july into the first week of august (that the Radio 1 weekend)...thats when i went last year also so i avoided the peak time when everything was way to crowded....i noticed that not to many americans were down there

I was there the same time as you, July 30 - August 5th! Will be going abck this year again, maybe sometime in early-mid August. Want to see what PVD's schedule in Ibiza is going to be.

Pacha and Space are definitely my favorite clubs. Going back in July for 2 weeks, want to explore some differenct beaches, go to Formentera. We love sunday's at space was my favorite party. The fetish party at amnesia was fun, we got VIP passes from the people that were parading around ibiza town. Ahhh.... the memories. I stayed at the hotel ocean drive, its right across the bay from Ibiza town in Talamanca. Great views, great rooms, friendly staff... and Pacha is only a five minute walk from there!! As well as el divino.

I stayed in Talamanca as well, at the Hotel El Corso. Great place to stay, the bay is the best. You get a great view of Old Ibiza and the sun coming up in the bay, it's beautiful. Also, the fact that it is so close to Ibiza town is a plus.

My favorite things about Ibiza were the sun and beaches. I mean where in America (besides Miami) can you lay on the beach fully nude or topless and not have a care in world. Sipping cocktails, people watching and listening to dope music three of my favorite things in the world. My favorite clubs were definitely Pacha and Space, like everyone said the vibe and music that you hear in these places makes it so much more.

What I would like to do more of this coming summer, more of the obscure bars such as the ones down in Ibiza Town. Only got to go to Base Bar once. And want to hang on Bora Bora for atleast one afternoon. The girl that I was with last year wanted to go only to the less crowded beaches so I only got to hang at Bora Bora for a few hours, but loved it!

What I don't miss, the ridiculous club entrance prices and the out of this world water prices, YUCK!

All in all, come on Ibiza summer of 2003!

the best clubbing day/night of my life was going to space at 12 in the afternoon on sunday for we love sundays at space...staying there til 7 oclock and caught a storming set (as the Brits say) from Smokin Jo...man i tell ya somethin, the terrace at space is a magical place...theres nothing else u can say...its really has an aura to it that no club ive ever been to has.. then hit up bora bora on the way back for an hour...completely mangled....that night at space Sasha and Nick Warren were spinning inside (not on the terrace) but we didnt go....after bora bora we took.then nap at our hotel which was walking distance from bora bora and space (we stayed in Playa d'en Bossa), after the nap we got something to eat....the it was off to pregaming in san antonio at some dive bar and then judgement sundays at eden...sickest day i ever lived threw...Judge Jules and Ferry Corsten spun that night...Ferry Corsten's set may have been in the top 3 ive ever heard....my feet didnt stop moving that night...unfortunately i think i got sick from drinking so much because i literally almost fainted in manumission the next night...its was the worst feelin i ever had in my life and it wasnt even from drugs cause i never did drugs before but that night at judgement sundays was the most drunk ive gotten in my life...man those europeans know how to party....the day before we left we were at the Radio 1 party at Punta es Moli which was awesome....Pete Tong is a great crowd motivator...and if anyones interested....Radio 1 is having a live broadcast from Centro Fly on Friday January 31 with Pete Tong and Smokin Jo (who is a Space-Ibiza resident)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/petetong/index.shtml

check out the middle of the page where it says gigs

but theres so much details in just a week i could never write it all...one cool thing was for pete tongs birthday which was at cafe mambo on wednesday july 31, roger sanchez walked in and signed autographs for us...he loved that we were representing NYC

Oh and to whoever wanted to go to ibiza town bars...they were nothing special

Originally posted by prplhz

I stayed in Talamanca as well, at the Hotel El Corso. Great place to stay, the bay is the best. You get a great view of Old Ibiza and the sun coming up in the bay, it's beautiful. Also, the fact that it is so close to Ibiza town is a plus.

My favorite things about Ibiza were the sun and beaches. I mean where in America (besides Miami) can you lay on the beach fully nude or topless and not have a care in world. Sipping cocktails, people watching and listening to dope music three of my favorite things in the world. My favorite clubs were definitely Pacha and Space, like everyone said the vibe and music that you hear in these places makes it so much more.

What I would like to do more of this coming summer, more of the obscure bars such as the ones down in Ibiza Town. Only got to go to Base Bar once. And want to hang on Bora Bora for atleast one afternoon. The girl that I was with last year wanted to go only to the less crowded beaches so I only got to hang at Bora Bora for a few hours, but loved it!

What I don't miss, the ridiculous club entrance prices and the out of this world water prices, YUCK!

All in all, come on Ibiza summer of 2003!

yea seriously... i didnt' drink the water from the tap not being a local, but even the locals really couldnt' do it at pacha.. i mean, glass water bottles w/o a cap.. how funny is that... oh wait, the $8 per bottle wasn't quit as funny...

Been to Ibiza 4 times, last summer w/ 2 friends and my wife for the first part of my Honeymoon. Caught Cox's opening night at Space, Sasha, etc. The BEST set was Hernan Cattaneo at Pacha, people actually were sitting on the floor while Oakenfold was spinning.

I've stayed at Ocean Drive (excellent hotel, great location) and Na Xemana (far, but on a cliff w/ private pools, 5 stars).

Any questions, let me know.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

yea seriously... i didnt' drink the water from the tap not being a local, but even the locals really couldnt' do it at pacha.. i mean, glass water bottles w/o a cap.. how funny is that... oh wait, the $8 per bottle wasn't quit as funny...

But wasn't it the best $8 bottle of water that you ever tasted:rolleyes:

Originally posted by GregoryCFra

The BEST set was Hernan Cattaneo at Pacha, people actually were sitting on the floor while Oakenfold was spinning.

I've stayed at Ocean Drive (excellent hotel, great location) and Na Xemana (far, but on a cliff w/ private pools, 5 stars).

Any questions, let me know.

I REALLY want to check him out!

I am going to wait until the schedules for this summer start coming out before making my plans to go, but thinking about mid August.

i'm planning on heading over this summer!!

but i need some advice on good websites to get my airplane tickets, hotels, etc. i've been to the generic websites by the radio companies.. not helpful. i want the best bargains, moreso than the top of the line hotels.

any good tips on when i should go? how much should i be spending overall? i can't take 2 weeks off from work, is one week ok? if this trip is going to cost me over $2,000 i dont think i can make it, that's a lot of cash..

should i mold my trip according to when PvD, Carl Cox, Picotto, will be there??

thanks! :cool:

Originally posted by kitty19

but i need some advice on good websites to get my airplane tickets, hotels, etc. i've been to the generic websites by the radio companies.. not helpful. i want the best bargains, moreso than the top of the line hotels.

any good tips on when i should go? how much should i be spending overall? i can't take a 2 weeks off from work, is one week ok? if this trip is going to cost me over $2,000 i dont think i can make it, that's a lot of cash..

Its going to cost you at least a thousand to fly there. Club entrance is between 30-55 dollars. Drinks are steep... I would say you need over 2000. I went in mid-July and loved it, thats when I am going back this year.

Its going to cost you at least a thousand to fly there. Club entrance is between 30-55 dollars. Drinks are steep... I would say you need over 2000. I went in mid-July and loved it, thats when I am going back this year.

holy shit i better be getting a HUGE bonus this year!~! :eek:

any good tips on when i should go? how much should i be spending overall? i can't take 2 weeks off from work, is one week ok? if this trip is going to cost me over $2,000 i dont think i can make it, that's a lot of cash..

yea hun its definetly expensive.. you can try bargain hunting, but then if something goes wrong, your up shits creek w/o a paddle..

our trip cost about $1900 i believe for air and hotel at los molinos(4 stars) i spent i believe $2g's.. mike said he spent about $2500...

PVD and Cox are usually on the same night, when they're both in Ibiza

PVD and Tiesto are residents at Cream @ Amnesia on Thursdays - you'll get at least one or the other (with a guest DJ), and sometimes both (with no guest DJ)

So if you want both PVD and Cox, either stay for 2 weeks, or you could try to catch a little bit of both. Doesn't Cox do midnight - 6 am? PVD probably goes on at 3-4 am, and plays til closing at 7-8 am.

I did catch PVD (supposed to be with Tiesto, but he got sick, and Rui da Silva filled in for him) and Picotto when I went during the last week of August last summer

Cox was there that week too.

MP played at Godskitchen @ Eden (Tuesday nights) - that was my favorite night, when he played with Signum, Armin van Buuren, and Marco V.

Does he play anywhere else in Ibiza?

Originally posted by wallflour

I did catch PVD (supposed to be with Tiesto, but he got sick, and Rui da Silva filled in for him) and Picotto when I went during the last week of August last summer Cox was there that week too. MP played at Godskitchen @ Eden (Tuesday nights) - that was my favorite night, when he played with Signum, Armin van Buuren, and Marco V.

:drool: oh shit i think i just creamed in my pants. what a schedule! :tongue:

ibiza was off the fucking hook.....

carl cox's party was the best in my opinio....just full of energy and he would just yell at the crowd if we couldnt keep up with him....

pacha was by far the nicest with the sickest view up on the roof top.....oh man the memories.....sanchez was ridiculous that night.....

amnesia is like no other.....that place was as clean as it gets....even the bathrooms were spotless.....

i could never go back though id probally kill myself.....

best set def goes to carl cox.....

biggest dissapointment goes to pvd.....

my fav song.....roger sanchez dropping sweet dreams at like 7am...totally unexpected