Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk at WMC

So he's playing the night before (morning of) Ultra? Dang, that alone is going to be tiring, on top of all else that's going on.

I'm thinking maybe having a hotel in the downtown area would be good for that time, then I could come from one event, shower and change, nap if needed, then go to the next.

Either that, or just go straight from one to the other (and feel nasty), or cab all the way back to South Beach then do the same thing in reverse pretty much right after.

Originally posted by wallflour

So he's playing the night before (morning of) Ultra? Dang, that alone is going to be tiring, on top of all else that's going on.

I'm thinking maybe having a hotel in the downtown area would be good for that time, then I could come from one event, shower and change, nap if needed, then go to the next.

Either that, or just go straight from one to the other (and feel nasty), or cab all the way back to South Beach then do the same thing in reverse pretty much right after.

lol, last year I went from Ultra straight to Sasha & Digweed at the Miami Arena.... I was soooo tired! But it was a blast. Disco naps are always good but I don't think I had an entire night's sleep the whole time I was down there.

djmikebugout - Have you heard anything about the "new" Space that will be only about a block away from the current Space? PvD's party there last year was insane! Best party of my life, hands down :D

Originally posted by djmikebugout

he's gotta be at space then the 21st...

okay so now we know

DT @ Space TUESDAY

???? WEDNESDAY

???? THURSDAY

PVD @ Space Friday

????? Saturday

Im guessin Picotto is one of those spots, also tiesto is another perhaps

Ultra Saturday of course

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

yep I'll be there! How about you?

btw, NICE pic in your sig! :D

I am still trying to get some people to go with me. Thing that sucks is that I might go with some friends from school and some girls my friend knows, but I don't think they anticipate or can handle what I plan on putting my body through with lack of sleep during those 5 days. Basically I don't know how much they will be able to hang through and would pry end up being the people to bitch about expensive covers and such just cuz they're not that into the music. Might turn into me jumping in with someone else's crew if that happens, who knows.

Originally posted by digitaldan

I am still trying to get some people to go with me. Thing that sucks is that I might go with some friends from school and some girls my friend knows, but I don't think they anticipate or can handle what I plan on putting my body through with lack of sleep during those 5 days. Basically I don't know how much they will be able to hang through and would pry end up being the people to bitch about expensive covers and such just cuz they're not that into the music. Might turn into me jumping in with someone else's crew if that happens, who knows.

I hear ya. You can't be w/ folks that are bringing the vibe down! :( Anyhow, I hope you can make it! :D

I hear ya. You can't be w/ folks that are bringing the vibe down! :( Anyhow, I hope you can make it! :D

ya, hopefully I'll work it out soon before stuff gets too expensive. how many people are you rolling down there with and where are you staying (i'm not too familiar with what places are good spots to stay)?

Originally posted by digitaldan

ya, hopefully I'll work it out soon before stuff gets too expensive. how many people are you rolling down there with and where are you staying (i'm not too familiar with what places are good spots to stay)?

i'll be at the Clay Hotel. Its 18th & Collins (I think). Its close to everything in South Beach and we'll be cabbing it to Space. I have 3 people staying with me but a lot of the kids from the DC & Boston boards are headed down. We should meet up!

I think there is a thread about recommended hotels in this forum. You should check it out to get a good idea of what's good and what to avoid. Good luck! :D

Originally posted by nautilus60

Tiny! You are staying on 18th? Look at that: we are gonna be neighbours again!!!:) I am staying at Riande Continental on 18th...Sweet!

We're staying at the Riande Continental too!!! We're going down a couple days early (16th) and staying until the 23rd.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tiny..

U will be rite across from me, I am on 18th a collions, Tremor Hotel...

BTW, Did space move to a new building?

Last year is was a horrible venue with low seilings... shitty lighting, horrible sound system..

I heard DT will play in "new" Space.. I hope this hold for PVD also..

i'll be at the Clay Hotel. Its 18th & Collins (I think). Its close to everything in South Beach and we'll be cabbing it to Space. I have 3 people staying with me but a lot of the kids from the DC & Boston boards are headed down. We should meet up!

I think there is a thread about recommended hotels in this forum. You should check it out to get a good idea of what's good and what to avoid. Good luck! :D

Bratan, pm me your digits.. Ya tozhe tam budu with bunch of TranceAddicts and SF peeps..

Originally posted by nautilus60

Tiny! You are staying on 18th? Look at that: we are gonna be neighbours again!!!:) I am staying at Riande Continental on 18th...Sweet!

Originally posted by amdmaxx

Hey Tiny..

Last year is was a horrible venue with low seilings... shitty lighting, horrible sound system..

Low ceilings? who gives a rat's as*, I love intimate look of it, superclubs are dead. And the sound system rocked last year, get some q-tips and clean your ears, I know who did the tuning and Dannt T approved the sound b4 hand, and he is well known as the pickiest DJ around for sound systems. Now maybe Paul Van Dyk never got himself EQd for his style of music, but trust me the sound at Space is superb. (We are talking about the main floor right)

Originally posted by amdmaxx

Hey Tiny..

Actually I misspoke when I said I was at 18th & Collins - the hotel I was originally looking at was at that location *lol* Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that the "new" Space will be open for the WMC so I think PvD will spin there, but I like the old Space as well.