Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pioneer EFX 500

Guest djdrip2002

Guest djdrip2002

Does this piece work with a Gemini Mixer?

I hooked it up correctly and doesent seem to work

i just got this shit today and i was all anxious

Someone help me out

Take one of the outputs of the mixer (Amp/Booth/Record Etc.) and put that into one of the INPUTS of the EFX 500

Then Take one of the OUTPUTs of the EFX 500 and connect that to your amp or reciever

Take the other output and connect that to your recording device (Tapedeck/Computer/Burner/MD/Dat ETC)

Dont let the levels go into the red and have fun!

Guest djdrip2002

thanx matt!

it works perfect i apreciate it!

works awesome

mikebugout... ye i know it doesent make u a betta dj but i really wanted this peice for so long im happy i got it i love playin around with it ill be for the whole day tomorow!

btw.... ill be in exit tom night to see u jon and tooch:)

Originally posted by djdrip2002

btw.... ill be in exit tom night to see u jon and tooch:)

Hey ill be there!!! Its BBkitty's bday and she decided for some unholy reason to have her party there so we're all going. If you wanna meet some more sicktracker's then come to the 2nd floor, left side of the bar, we're ALWAYSSS there. :D

Originally posted by muzikman

exit is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :eek: .. i hate that place but i was gonna go for mike and mark.. but i have work early saturday.. so its a no go

I ccant believe I am actually going..dont ask....would be weird seeing each other in that place called Exit..lol

Originally posted by mattm2o

Take one of the outputs of the mixer (Amp/Booth/Record Etc.) and put that into one of the INPUTS of the EFX 500

Then Take one of the OUTPUTs of the EFX 500 and connect that to your amp or reciever

Take the other output and connect that to your recording device (Tapedeck/Computer/Burner/MD/Dat ETC)

Dont let the levels go into the red and have fun!

I have a question related to this topic.

I've set up the way it's described and it works fine. What I really want to do is be able to use an effect on a specific channel rather than the entire output. This way i can test the effect on my headphones before i play it.

I have a Stanton mixer (i forget the model) but it has auxiliary input and output. I tried plugging the efx into the aux input and output and using the auxiliary button (for corresponding channels) and it kind of works. The effect is channel specific but it doesn't replace the whole channel, 1/2 is processed and the other 1/2 of it is original. So this actually takes away from the effect.

I was wondering if any of you have successfully configured you setup as I have described. Thanks a bunch

Originally posted by katari

I have a question related to this topic.

I've set up the way it's described and it works fine. What I really want to do is be able to use an effect on a specific channel rather than the entire output. This way i can test the effect on my headphones before i play it.

I have a Stanton mixer (i forget the model) but it has auxiliary input and output. I tried plugging the efx into the aux input and output and using the auxiliary button (for corresponding channels) and it kind of works. The effect is channel specific but it doesn't replace the whole channel, 1/2 is processed and the other 1/2 of it is original. So this actually takes away from the effect.

I was wondering if any of you have successfully configured you setup as I have described. Thanks a bunch

Hmmmmm I Totally hear what you wanna do but I cant understand why your only getting half of the effect......

I havent been able to figure out a way to configure it to be channel specific. Nex time I see Steve Dash Ill bug him about that maybe their is a way to use a patch bay to set it up.

I have an old Gemini Mixer which I've had for years and it's still working great. It has send and receive outputs which is what you need. I have the EFX-500 hooked up that way and I'm able to assign any one channel to it and just one channel. That's the best way to have it hooked up. I think the only way to hook it up that way, your mixer has to have the send and receive (or return) outputs, if not I don't know any other way. When I was shopping for a new mixer, that's the main function I was looking for and unfortunately not too many mixers have that.

Thanks for responses guys,

The mixer I have is Stanton rm-100, and it has the send and return that you mentioned (lexdj).

I've attached the file with a picture of the back. I have tried to use the FX (snd and rtn) to plug in the efx. But that's when only 1/2 that channel gets affected. I guess what i'm wondering is if there is a setting on the efx or the mixer that i haven't set properly.

lexdj - how do you select the channel? Do you have a button near the channer that you have to press (AUX)?

Anyway, I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Originally posted by mattm2o

You Gotta Take the 2 Send outputs and connect them to the INPUTS on the 500 and then take the outputs and put them in the return on the mixer

Yup, that's exactly what i did to get the half effect.

Anyway .. I'll try it again some other time. That should do it, and if it worked on the Gemini then it should work on the stanton too.

Take care

My mixer does have a switch that allows me to choose the channel I want to add the effects to. I just checked out a picture of your mixer and to select the channel you want you have to press the AUX button under the PFL button, I'm guessing. Also, try using a different set of RCA's, the ones you have might be messed up. If that doesn't work, call Stanton and let them know the problem, your mixer might be messed up.

know i got to get involved

Here we go

some mixers have send/return, but dont have the knob to assign the channel for the effects. so you will get the effects on everything your playing out loud. Some mixers like the pioneer 500, 600, some ranes, and others, have the send/return with knob to control which channel you want the effect to go on.

I hope this makes sense to you guys, i tried to explain it the easiest way i could. hope this helped everybody.:D