Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BeYourself@Space Review

rcrespo

Well where do I start .. Oscar played a great opening set for Danny. Danny then came on the Mic and thanked Oscar for his set and for the crowd to give him an applause. After that Danny proceeded to warm up what a fuckin warm up .. pure tech-house. Then 2 hours later he comes on the mic and says I gotta start with the drums and off it went. Fucking drums and sounds for hours on end .. amazing night at Space. Probably one of my best clubbing experiences ever.

Good to see Edgar,Oscar,Jason,Ralph,Austin and Roland, James.

Biz where were you? I was lookin for you.

I was sportin my Cuba hat the entire night.

Tunes of the night before I left anyway.

Underworld - Two Months Off (DT's edit of the King Unique Sunspot Mix)

ATFC - Erotik (Dt's Edit of the Wally Lopez and Dr Kucho Weekend Mix)

I cannot wait for WMC!!! :)

Oh and for those of you who think progressive is dead keep thinking that cause its very alive and well!!!!!

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Guest saleen351

i am the biggest progressive fan, but i don't think its alive and kicking... I do however feel its comming back... I'm waiting for anthony papa to come back to space or any where.. dude is mad progressive, and if any of yous like progressive, check out marcus over at maze...

glad you had a good time... dt is mad talented, but never delivered the goods like og or roland do... but lets be honest dt is years behind picotto...:)

believe me, DT delivered the goods I wish I could've stayed longer would've loved to have heard fused - terror or his new re-edit of finally. Just spoke to a friend who saw him in singapore and he said similar things.

As I said before this is my first time seeing DT and I can see why everyone rates him the way they do. He's a whole show .. from talking to the crowd and interacting and building a vibe and then going ahead and teasing with those acapella's all night and then destroying space @ 8am with his re-edit of Two Months Off. I'm sorry not much more I can really ask for, a Murk track or two wouldve been nice, but there's always next time.

I went in there with an open mind and got blown the fuck away. Not many dj's do that for me.

I will be waiting for WMC 2003 patiently. :)

Guest saleen351

technicaly speaking dt is years ahead of the south florida djs, except stryke.. greg is not nearly as good, but he is simply the best technical dj in this state, but dt is like many of the northeast guys, they work the decks and drop acapellas, something the space djs and other club djs can't and dont' do.... hence why it boring to go out now and listen to 8 hours of beat driven house and tribal aka deep dish... I won't be at dt for the wmc, i suggest many of us down here stay away and check out the lesser known guys who never come threw these parts... Thats what i'm looking forward to...

did dt drop the pretty posion track?

9am is lightweight? Jesus .. Not bad for my first DT experience .. :P

Pretty Poison? I'm not sure, but he played D'lacy - Hideaway ..

I'll put up a proper tracklist when I have sorted it out all in my head.

Sobeton,

cool avatar. Is that daemon from BSD? :)

I wanted to hear Finally , B by Datar and some Murk tracks. Danny's T mix of Some Lovin' wouldve put me over the top.

in other news .. anyone check out the brillaint essential mix Ashley Casselle put together? :)

Tenaglia was on fire!

I arrived around 4 am with Pete Dekan &Co. we bumped into Edgar V and said hello only to run into Biz minutes later nice to finally meet ya man! you definately set the energy level on the patio hiding behind Roland all night !!!!!!!!! New Order - Crystal!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucking luv that tune haven't heard it dropped in forever Roland was getting the patio hyped.

Danny set the bar last night his mix of Tech - House was superb only to follow some wicked drums and even a little Trance thrown in early on in the morning. I think Danny had a little bit for everyone last night if there was any uncertainty regarding his previous performance the man delivered full force this time my only regret was leaving around 8am I am sure he just got better &better!!!!!!!!!! my Diesels were worn thin.

Shotz out to my boy Dekan welcome home!!!!!! WMC is right around the corner also shots to Leon & Last but certainly not least Greg a.k.a. Sgt. Fury for fucking tearing it up live from the decks of Level your mixing was right on cue you sounded great man very impressed.

Originally posted by rcrespo

Well where do I start .. Oscar played a great opening set for Danny. Danny then came on the Mic and thanked Oscar for his set and for the crowd to give him an applause. After that Danny proceeded to warm up what a fuckin warm up .. pure tech-house. Then 2 hours later he comes on the mic and says I gotta start with the drums and off it went. Fucking drums and sounds for hours on end .. amazing night at Space. Probably one of my best clubbing experiences ever.

DAMN IT........... I KNEW HE WOULD KICK ASS WHEN I WASN'T IN THE HOUSE...:mad:

OH WELL, GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!

I will catch DT fo sheezy next time:D

Yes DT had a great set last night @ SPACE,I only wish I could've seen all of it,but was very pleased of what I herd. It was also gr8 hearing Oscar openning for DT,really gr8 music last night.The place was @ its fullest by 3 am.It was gr8 night next time i'll catch all of his set and party hard to it. :D

Btw,I didn't mind him talking on the mic,actually I laughed @ it,and enjoyed the way he deals with the crowd.This isn't the first time I see DT,but it sure is the best set i've herd from him live. He got the crowd going when he said,"bare w/me for the next 16 hrs".The crowd went freaking nuts especially the ladies.I,m glad I went and glad to hear others as well had a gr8 time.I also can't wait for WMC its going be amazing.

Didn't see anyone from cp except Melli and Mr.Mattas thats cause I guess they went with me.

Originally posted by saleen351

glad you had a good time... dt is mad talented, but never delivered the goods like og or roland do... but lets be honest dt is years behind picotto...

Originally posted by digital7

Saleen proves once again why he is a moron ... please re-read the rubbish you write .. it's hysterical :)

Seriously... :rolleyes: someone help this guy take his head out of his ass!! jeezus.... :blown:

Years behind Picotto.. :laugh: and OG n Roland r good, but better than Tenaglia?! PUH-LEEZE! :kill9:

I still have a huge smile on my face ... Danny came to Space with a huge debt w/us on his back ...

The last couple times he came I was seriously disappointed ... perhaps thinking his motivation was on the decline ... Be Yourself is about creating the right atmosphere to just open up a sick vibe on the crowd ...

Last couple times Danny had given us a lesson of how boring drums and tribal can be when the sequence just treats us as if we were only monkeys that can jump ... and jump ... and jump ...

Last night ... and without any doubt whatsoever ... DT gave us a true Be Yourself vibe ... he worked his crowd up ... changing up beats and dropping vocals that had everyone going ... and then he had the crowd at his feet ... ready to pound us with drums and rythms ...

I am not the most loyal Space clubber ... but show up religiously when there is something good on hand ... last night ... in terms of vibe ... was the best crowd I ever saw at Space ... and the one responsible was a dedicated DT ... he gained back the respect that his local fans always had for him ...

What an awesome set ... when DT is on fire ... really no one comes close to him ... :hat:

vipnerd, as I mentioned before yesterday was my first time hearing Danny and I thought he was great.

What time did you end up leaving? Any record really stay in your head after you left or just stood out during the night for me it was the Underworld one @ 8am.

I do believe he was on Fire. :eek: :eek:

I wonder how long what else he played the rest of the day?

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

DT was truly incredible... When he's on it amazes me to see how he could lead a crowd to jump off a bridge with him... He says alright, its time to get a lil' soulful & the crowd says, anything you like danny!!

Built things up real smooth & had me dancin' past 10am... I took a 2 hour break to catch an "Heated" Roland set on the terrace & came back in after his finish, to pick up with DT right were we left off!!

Great night, Amazing Music!!

Originally posted by biznation00

Built things up real smooth & had me dancin' past 10am... I took a 2 hour break to catch an "Heated" Roland set on the terrace & came back in after his finish, to pick up with DT right were we left off!!

WTF?? when did the patio open??

we got there around 1130....walked inside, the blue room opened 12ish...at first Oscar was playing some really really lounge type house...but once the blue room opened he turned it up...DT came on around 3 am complaining to Louis about the new Pioneer mixer...he wanted back the Rane or a Uri mixer..."Louis fix this SHIT!!":laugh: ...he actually was funny this time around...sad to say, that the night before (see Oxygen Review) and the wedding i had beforehand left me with no energy or desire to drink...so me, Meli and Happyface called it a real early night...we left around 345...went down to Casola's Pizza on US1 and pigged out....overall good night...i just have to rest up for the next time...this was actually my first time hearing DT and from the the 1/2 hr i was there...he impressed....next time i swear i will be there for longer...Biz when did the Patio open?? me and Meli were dying to get out there...when we left at 345 the still had the barricade up in the Patio...:(