Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LeBron James

jman09

Gets a Hummer H2 w/ 3 tvs in it. Do you think it was really a present from his mom, or do you think a greedy agent hooked him up? This kid is going to make a millions when he enters the draft and is picked #1, do you think he ruin his amatuer status just months before he was done w/ his last year of prep school? If so he is really dumb, discuss...

Originally posted by caleb

Anyway, his Mom financed that Hummer, shes making monthly payments.

Nobody can prove otherwise.

Besides, James isn't going to make the majority of his money from the team that picks him.

He's going to seriously get paid by Adidas or Nike in what will be the most lucrative endorsement deal in history.

He's even more sought after than Michael Jordan.

wow,im impressed.....finally a post that actually took some time to think about

but i dont think you are right about the jordan thing

I havent heard about him playing this sat nite, but i know he'll be in Trenton soon for a Slam'and' Jam tourney, i think in mid-Feb.

The kid is legit, had his way with Lenny Cooke when he was a JR. He'll be in the pros next year.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i do...according to Slam..he was last spotted playin hoops in someones back yard....sad waste of talent

Except that he didn't really have any to begin with. He had mad hops, but not much else. Flat jump shot, no intensity, no defense. Only things he could do were cross over and dunk. Not exactly a warrant to name someone after one of the 5 greatest players ever, if you ask me....

Originally posted by jman09

do you think he ruin his amatuer status just months before he was done w/ his last year of prep school? If so he is really dumb, discuss...

nothing he has done has broken any rules there are no rules against high school players taking gifts or money allthough im sure that there will be something in the works at this point he has done no wrong

as for the comment about not havin the grades think again espn was talkin about this kid is up near the top of his class

as for the next coming of jordan..only time will tell but he would probably start tommorrow on any nba team if he were drafted tommorrow

peace

Report: Woman, 88, wants James to cover damages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN.com news services

LeBron James' sports utility vehicle has become almost as newsworthy as the Ohio high school basketball star himself. Not a good thing, considering its history.

On the same day the Ohio High School Athletic Association said the purchase of the $50,000 Hummer for James did not violate its amateur rules, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that James' ride was involved in a traffic accident Friday near his school.

According to an Akron police dispatcher's report obtained by the Plain Dealer and the newspaper's interviews with the driver of the other vehicle and James' attorney, 88-year-old Iola Winston of Akron was stopped in her Dodge Stratus at a red light at an intersection near St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. James, in the driver's seat of his Hummer, was waiting at the light in front of her.

Suddenly, James' Hummer started rolling backward and collided with Winston's car, smashing her hood and radiator, Winston told the newspaper. She said James hopped out and walked over to her car. He told her that he didn't see her car there, she said.

"He got my telephone number and said, 'I'll get someone to fix it,' and then he took off," Winston told the Plain Dealer. James had a cell phone, she said, and he appeared to punch in her telephone number. She said James did not provide his number.

James' attorney, Fred Nance, speaking for the player and his family, told the newspaper James wanted to call the police but Winston said, "No, it is not necessary," and instead the two "exchanged contact information."

Winston, who said she was not hurt, drove her car for about two miles until she said it "stopped." She phoned her brother, who called police.

Officers Nicholas P. Jamison and William A. Lagasse were dispatched about 6 p.m., according to the police call report. The report said the "caller and parties were advised" and that Winston declined to file an accident report. Winston's brother, Alfred Bell, said his sister was "really upset."

The car was towed to Spitzer Motors on East Market Street, Winston and Bell said. Winston said she wanted to file a report and police told her they would come back to write up a report if James did not call her.

Initially, the incident was categorized as a "hit and skip" but was later amended to a "traffic accident with no injuries," according to the dispatcher's report.

"But for the fact [LeBron] is who he is, it should be an ordinary fender-bender," Nance told the Plain Dealer.

The police visited James' home at about 6:30 p.m. -- an hour before the start of the player's last home game as a senior. LeBron's mother, Gloria James, was expected to be there for a pregame ceremony honoring her son and the team's other seniors, but she did not arrive.

Winston said Gloria James called her.

"She said I was wrong for not getting the information that I needed," Winston told the newspaper. Winston described her as uncooperative and said Gloria James would not give her phone number.

Winston's son, Henry Jr., said he spoke to Gloria James, who declined to give him her number as well. He said she wanted to know the name of the shop where the car was and requested three estimates on the damage.

Nance said Gloria James was trying to get a police report and plans to turn the matter over to her insurance company.