Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wmc-chicago House-teaser!!

Plans are definitely in the works for a great event to be held, more than likely, at a hotel on South Beach - poolside during WMC. This event will be promoted by a major underground dance music magazine and sponsered by a great House record label.

Currently we are researching what venues have the best potential and of course which ones are still open to be booked. Our contact in Chicago is in talks with the record label, magazine and talent. Once the venue is booked, promotion and sponsership begins.

This party is to feature exclusively House Music...and more specifically, Chicago House Music. We have it from our source in Chicago that the line-up will most likely be as follows:

DERRICK CARTER (CHICAGO)

JOHNNY FIASCO (CHICAGO)

HIPPIE & HALO (CHICAGO/LA/SAN FRAN)

LEGO (CHICAGO)

DJ GREG N.(CLUB ZENTRA/TRANSIT-CHICAGO)

www.zentranightclub.com

We will also be showcasing there too:

DJ LYRIK (CHICAGO/DALLAS/MIAMI)

DJ RICO (CHICAGO/DALLAS/MIAMI)

STAY POSTED FOR FURTHER INFO....THE PEOPLE PUTTING ON THE PARTY WANT TO GET ALL THIS FINALIZED ASAP...SO AN UDPATE SHOULD BE COMING OUT SHORTLY, PEACE!!

DJ LYRIK

DJ RICO

Musical Soul Prod.

Mid-West Coast Sessions

[Chicago/Dallas/Miami]

lyriklyfunky@yahoo.com

As a chicago and acid house producer... it was nice to see Steve "Silk" Hurley and those type of old school cats finally getting recognition in this years Grammy's.

When the place is booked, save me a couple of comps.

I see you're in Kendall... I thought I was the only one into Chicago tracks in Kendall.

pEAce!

Nice...definitely...we are doing events here and there down here...I'll be posting up some info soon on events going on this weekend and next...just keep an eye out for my posts. We were doing something at Kaya Lounge right on 88th and 137th, but it went to new owners and we lost our spot to trance and high school events. We are orig. from Chicago, been here for about 2 1/2 years now. Steve "Silk" Hurley is cool ("the word is love" and "don't give up" are on my all time fav. list)...seen him and Farley "Jackmaster" Funk tons of time. I grew up in the Chicago rave seen from around 93' to about 99'. ...anyways keep in touch...maybe I'll see ya out, peace.

P.S. any links to some of your music, would be cool!

DJ Lyrik

Musical Soul Prod.

(Chicago/Dallas/Miami)

lyriklyfunky@yahoo.com

I wouldn't consider these DJS hard house...if thats what you mean. If you're asking if there will be hard house, prob. not. I consider DJ Irene, Richard Humpty Vision, Psycho Bitch and Teri Bristol to spin hard house...and Bad Boy Bill, as well.

DERRICK- is what I like to think of as just GOOD OL' HOUSE , no sub-titles...he just plays HOUSE and does it better than most, if not all other jocks.

IF A TERM APPLIES TO DERRICK, I WOULD HAVE TO USE SOMETHING UNIQUE TO CHICAGO HOUSE AND THAT IS THE WORD "JACKY". THE KIND OF MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU JUST BUMP AND MOVE AND SHAKE ALMOST INSTANEOUSLY FROM THE TIME YOU HEAR IT, UNTIL THE TIME YOU LEAVE!

Hippie & Halo are trippy, dark & funky with hints of tribalism.

Lego and Fiasco...jazzy and funky.

Originally posted by lyrik

I wouldn't consider these DJS hard house...if thats what you mean. If you're asking if there will be hard house, prob. not. I consider DJ Irene, Richard Humpty Vision, Psycho Bitch and Teri Bristol to spin hard house...and Bad Boy Bill, as well.

DERRICK- is what I like to think of as just GOOD OL' HOUSE , no sub-titles...he just plays HOUSE and does it better than most, if not all other jocks.

IF A TERM APPLIES TO DERRICK, I WOULD HAVE TO USE SOMETHING UNIQUE TO CHICAGO HOUSE AND THAT IS THE WORD "JACKY". THE KIND OF MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU JUST BUMP AND MOVE AND SHAKE ALMOST INSTANEOUSLY FROM THE TIME YOU HEAR IT, UNTIL THE TIME YOU LEAVE!

Hippie & Halo are trippy, dark & funky with hints of tribalism.

Lego and Fiasco...jazzy and funky.

Sounds good to me - I wasn't sure if you meant hard house or not. I heard PychoBitch n' Teri when I was in Chicago and it was awesome... but these guys styles that you mentioned sound right up my alley.

Thanks and keep us posted!

Lola:D