Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would you let your bf/gf...

magilicuti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is terrible to go on internet sites and chat with people when youre in a relationship. i used to have lots of online "friends" on aol and stuff. my ex boyfriend hated it. i never understood why... most of the people i talked to i had no intent of ever meeting. this is partially what broke us up. i kept in touch with old friends and exs, not in a way where i would want to see them or cheat on him but to be friendly and see how they were doing. one day he went into my email and saw that i kept in touch with people from the past. he read the mails, they didnt say anything but he was still mad... to make a long story short, he never trusted me again (and vice versa, looking through someones e-mail is a little psycho) & he brought this shit up constantly, when it was nothing.

i dont chat with people anymore, except on CP and sometimes on yahoo messenger. if i was serious about someone i definitely wouldnt jeapordize it over online chatting. i now understand why my ex didnt like it. i wouldnt like if he was the one chatting online with random chicks.

Originally posted by somebitch

it is terrible to go on internet sites and chat with people when youre in a relationship. i used to have lots of online "friends" on aol and stuff. my ex boyfriend hated it. i never understood why... most of the people i talked to i had no intent of ever meeting. this is partially what broke us up. i kept in touch with old friends and exs, not in a way where i would want to see them or cheat on him but to be friendly and see how they were doing. one day he went into my email and saw that i kept in touch with people from the past. he read the mails, they didnt say anything but he was still mad... to make a long story short, he never trusted me again (and vice versa, looking through someones e-mail is a little psycho) & he brought this shit up constantly, when it was nothing.

i dont chat with people anymore, except on CP and sometimes on yahoo messenger. if i was serious about someone i definitely wouldnt jeapordize it over online chatting. i now understand why my ex didnt like it. i wouldnt like if he was the one chatting online with random chicks.

So basically, he wasn't willing to "share" you with anyone??? If you are talking to old friends and people who rarely get to see, where is there any harm in that. I think there is a big difference between going online and looking for somebody vs being online and already having your friends.......

I don't see the problem with talking to people on the internet FOR ME PERSONALLY (partially b/c I don't take it seriously) There are people who I've talked to strictly on aol for like 2-3 years who I have no interest in meeting...BUT there are situations where I can see reason for being angry...If your in a relationship, there should be no reason to talk to other people over the comp...For instance, my ex talked to girls online who he knew from a while ago but always neglected to tell these girls he had a gf which got me angry, it just didn't look right....So I guess the whole internet thing should be a no no.

Originally posted by sweetie029

I don't see the problem with talking to people on the internet FOR ME PERSONALLY (partially b/c I don't take it seriously) There are people who I've talked to strictly on aol for like 2-3 years who I have no interest in meeting...BUT there are situations where I can see reason for being angry...If your in a relationship, there should be no reason to talk to other people over the comp...For instance, my ex talked to girls online who he knew from a while ago but always neglected to tell these girls he had a gf which got me angry, it just didn't look right....So I guess the whole internet thing should be a no no.

I think this is one of those things, for every positive there is a negative to go righ along with it..... What it comes down to is what works for you and the person you are with...

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

So basically, he wasn't willing to "share" you with anyone??? If you are talking to old friends and people who rarely get to see, where is there any harm in that. I think there is a big difference between going online and looking for somebody vs being online and already having your friends.......

i guess he was insecure and would convince himself that i was going to try to see these people & possibly like them more than him..

i dunno but i kinda understand. if i was serious about someone i wouldnt want them keeping in touch with their exs online... it is unnecessary. at this point, i dont give a shit about any of my exs, i would rather put the time into people i DO want to hang out with. why make petty conversation with people you dont intend on seeing? it makes no sense.

Originally posted by somebitch

i guess he was insecure and would convince himself that i was going to try to see these people & possibly like them more than him..

i dunno but i kinda understand. if i was serious about someone i wouldnt want them keeping in touch with their exs online... it is unnecessary. at this point, i dont give a shit about any of my exs, i would rather put the time into people i DO want to hang out with. why make petty conversation with people you dont intend on seeing? it makes no sense.

You shouldn't let someone else's insurcurities lead you. As far as Ex's, I am still friendly with most of them. I don't hang out with them or call them etc...., but if we see each other out we say hi and chat. Nothing more nothing less. One of my ex's is actually a very good friend. He doesn't hamper my actions at all, yes we go out still as friends, with each others friends. Maybe I am an oddball for continuing to be friends, but it works for us. Not everyone can say that.....

You shouldn't let someone else's insurcurities lead you.

yeah i totally agree. that's exactly why hes an ex. my new guy would never expect me to change for him (only for myself) & he is the most trusting person in the world... he should be though, i am so into him.

:love:

You shouldn't let someone else's insurcurities lead you. As far as Ex's, I am still friendly with most of them. I don't hang out with them or call them etc...., but if we see each other out we say hi and chat. Nothing more nothing less. One of my ex's is actually a very good friend. He doesn't hamper my actions at all, yes we go out still as friends, with each others friends. Maybe I am an oddball for continuing to be friends, but it works for us. Not everyone can say that.....

You are with someone and you still go out as friends with your ex? And hes okay with that? I'm not sure I would be.

Originally posted by timetraveler69

You are with someone and you still go out as friends with your ex? And hes okay with that? I'm not sure I would be.

Yeah, i was like huh :confused:

When i started going out with smurfette, she told me her ex called her about 2 times a month. But that just made me uncomfortable. I knew him, i wondere'd what they talked about, and wasn't sure if her feelings for him were still there or not.

She sensed my uncomfortableness, and one day, she just told him flat out not to call her again. Now that she did that, and told me that he's in the past, i feel a lot better about things :)

For some people being friends with an ex is impossible. It will never happen. I see why with some people. At the moment I am not with anybody...kinda hard to explain... But, my friends are my friends.... I am not willing to give them up for anyone. Eventually your friends become your family. I would never do anything on purpose to jeopardize my relationship, but it's a give and take, and trust is the key.

For some people being friends with an ex is impossible. It will never happen. I see why with some people. At the moment I am not with anybody...kinda hard to explain... But, my friends are my friends.... I am not willing to give them up for anyone. Eventually your friends become your family. I would never do anything on purpose to jeopardize my relationship, but it's a give and take, and trust is the key.

I understand that situation all too well. Ex's become friends, or were friends from the beginning, and for some people, too much to give up. I've stood in that shoe, before, and realized how much it was hurting the one I was with. Its a touchy subject, but if you are into someone enough, you should be willing to do anything for that person (including giving someone up), but on the other hand, if you are into someone enough, you should not want the person to give anyone up for you, as much as you may want to.

I understand that situation all too well. Ex's become friends, or were friends from the beginning, and for some people, too much to give up. I've stood in that shoe, before, and realized how much it was hurting the one I was with. Its a touchy subject, but if you are into someone enough, you should be willing to do anything for that person (including giving someone up), but on the other hand, if you are into someone enough, you should not want the person to give anyone up for you, as much as you may want to.

Every situation is going to be different. I wouldn't ever want to hurt someone on pupose, so I would do the right thing, what ever it happens to be. It's a tough call, no matter how much you disect it. You do what you have to, and hope that it's the right decision....

Every situation is going to be different. I wouldn't ever want to hurt someone on pupose, so I would do the right thing, what ever it happens to be. It's a tough call, no matter how much you disect it. You do what you have to, and hope that it's the right decision....

Good point! :)

what would JUSTIFY someone who is "in a relationship" to still be looking on the internet????

I'd smell trouble big time and be very wary. As for "forgetting" to remove an ad once you are seeing someone - i don't buy that one either. How many were posted for someone to "forget" they have an active ad out there? More like, he/she wants to see how many people are interested in them should things not work out.

Staying in contact with an ex? Hmmm...tough one. That depends. If it is on a rare ocassion then i guess it's ok but on a regular basis - NO. I wouldn't be comfortable with it.