Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Valentines DAy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by somegirl24

Gettin some!! :tongue:

Well, weather I have a man or not is debatable at the moment:( but I think Vday is a stupid holiday anyways...I'm spending it with Niko..:heart:gummy-bridget-miller-1.jpg

Hey sweetie!!! I plan on doing the same thing!!! I love V'day!!! I think it's a great day to just be happy!! Even if you aren't w/ anyone!!!!

Originally posted by somegirl24

Gettin some!! :tongue:

Well, weather I have a man or not is debatable at the moment:( but I think Vday is a stupid holiday anyways...I'm spending it with Niko..:heart:

Its not a stupid holiday. . . . Legend has it that the holiday became Valentine's Day after a priest named Valentine. I think Valentine was a priest in Rome at the time Christianity was a new religion, and if I recall the Emperor ordered the Roman soldiers NOT to marry or become engaged. (He believed that as married men, his soldiers would want to stay home with their families rather than fight his wars) but this guy Valentine defied the Emperor's decree and secretly married young couples. He was eventually caught and put to death Valentine and was beheaded on February 14th

After his death, Valentine was named a saint. As Rome became more Christian, the priests moved the spring holiday from the 15th of February to the 14th - Valentine's Day. Now the holiday honored Saint Valentine. Wow I did learn something in CCD :laugh:

See now that you know a little more are you HAPPY?

Who knows maybe cupids do hit hearts and I can hold hands and stare into one another's eyes, get caught up in the moment. Oh well I will not get what I wish :( but you have to take the good with the bad...

Originally posted by laurie619

Its not a stupid holiday. . . . Legend has it that the holiday became Valentine's Day after a priest named Valentine. I think Valentine was a priest in Rome at the time Christianity was a new religion, and if I recall the Emperor ordered the Roman soldiers NOT to marry or become engaged. (He believed that as married men, his soldiers would want to stay home with their families rather than fight his wars) but this guy Valentine defied the Emperor's decree and secretly married young couples. He was eventually caught and put to death Valentine and was beheaded on February 14th

After his death, Valentine was named a saint. As Rome became more Christian, the priests moved the spring holiday from the 15th of February to the 14th - Valentine's Day. Now the holiday honored Saint Valentine. Wow I did learn something in CCD :laugh:

See now that you know a little more are you HAPPY?

Who knows maybe cupids do hit hearts and I can hold hands and stare into one another's eyes, get caught up in the moment. Oh well I will not get what I wish :( but you have to take the good with the bad...

:laugh: is that for real and im glad u r startin to see that

Valentine's Day is all about the marketing and the hype. Sure its nice to do something special for your girl on Valentine's Day but why wait for the day she'll expect something? I like to be different, if I really care about the girl... its like Valentine's Day a couple of times a year, especially when she least expects it.

Girls do you have to get something special on Valentine's Day if your man treats you like that several times a year? I mean its expected, but isnt it often about the unexpected?

As for this year, I've got some ideas... just have to find someone worthy of sharing them with and if it doesnt happen by then, I'll settle for making a "girl" friend happy on that day.

Originally posted by njdionysus

Valentine's Day is all about the marketing and the hype. Sure its nice to do something special for your girl on Valentine's Day but why wait for the day she'll expect something? I like to be different, if I really care about the girl... its like Valentine's Day a couple of times a year, especially when she least expects it.

Girls do you have to get something special on Valentine's Day if your man treats you like that several times a year? I mean its expected, but isnt it often about the unexpected?

As for this year, I've got some ideas... just have to find someone worthy of sharing them with and if it doesnt happen by then, I'll settle for making a "girl" friend happy on that day.

good call kid but u know how girls grab and look forward to this corny day even if they dont like it i know they hope for somethin so u have to go all out when u have a girl