Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ tonydraper is back at exit!! 4 good

OK, here's my take on this, after having been through this once.

If Draper is going to make a positive contribution to this club and its parties by personally improving himself, he very much deserves to be there.

If he doesn't, he doesn't.

And in the event that he doesn't put forth an effort to bring to his party and club to new levels (which I feel is something that ANY resident DJ should ALWAYS strive to do, and which I hope I will one day be able to do as well), then it's up to the clubbing public to make it known how much they disapprove by either boycotting his appearances entirely or by leaving the minute he hits the decks.

On that note, regardless of what happens with Draper, bugout and legend are something great here - a little grassroots party within a party to open up this club to new talent, new music, new realism. So no matter who's on the main, I hope people will come support that anyway.

That will be all :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by elementx

I don't hate. The man is obviously alot better than I would be. I never hate. But constructive criticism is going to happen. I have reasons to back my criticism. And I have obviously not seen or heard him spin in a long time. ( Reason ) I did not enjoy the last few times I heard him. I don't just say things to say them. When I go to hear music. Which due to circumstances beyond my control are very seldom. I go for the music. I do not go for the crowd. I go to get away. And one of the ways that I get away it through the music. And not to sound corny. But when I am in a club I expect a musical Journey. I know you are not going to get that all the time. But I expect it from time to time. I expect a DJ to take me somewhere with his or her music. And I don't mean literally take me somewhere. But I expect a DJ to have a track selection that makes sense. Not just play one song after another. I also expect a DJ to work with more than one track at a time. I don't know of recent. But last time I heard Draper spin he didn't sample a single thing under or over another track. I like a DJ who can spin multiple decks at the same time. And basically create something totally different than each track he is using at the time. Maybe I expect to much. But if I am going to pay that much. I have a right to expect certain things. And I never experienced that once with draper.

Maybe that all sounds stupid to some people. But I am sorry this is what I look for. I have experienced this many times with certain other DJ's and I guess it spoils one. What can I say. I think my hatred is more towards Exits management and Not Draper himself.

ok, well said. I think what you said all makes sense. I understand all of your points. But what I do have a problem with, is what you wrote, and what I have quoted below. You mention constructive criticism. Writing "Fuck Draper!" in big letters is the complete opposite. I could care less who likes or dislike Draper. Opinions are opinions and everyone is allowed to have them. But writing things like that does nobody good. If you don't like him, don't go to Exit that night. But there's no need to start ranting and raving against people (Draper) who you acknowledge aren't even the problem.

Secondly, you admittedly haven't heard him spin in awhile, so you really don't know what he is and isn't doing when he spins now. If you want to criticize the man as a DJ, I suggest you base it on the fact that you've seen him recently and know what he's doing in the booth. I mean, you don't have to...it just makes more sense.

Thirdly, "musical journey" does sound very corny, but I agree with you 100%.

Originally posted by elementx

attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029

OH AND FUCK YOU!

FUCK DRAPER!

AND FUCK EXITS MANAGEMENT

If this is all true of course. If not this thread it pretty fuckin stupid... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by codica3

*on a lighter note*

HYBRID TOMORROW!

:party: :party:

Dear Cody:

Since the news of the Hybrid performance was mad public knowledge, both you and I have experienced elevated levels of excitement.

However, I have noticed a disturbing trend in your recent behavior patterns. More specifically, you are whoring Hybrid more than I am. I find this trend highly disturbing, and I insist that you cease this behavior immediately.

Please understand that should you continue this unpleasant behavioral trend, I will be forced to chuck an entire six-pack of the finest quality of Corona Extra Beer upon your automobile. This would lead to you having to clean many, many ounces of this fine alcoholic beverage off of your car. These ounces could be utilized much more productively in the future in the form of mutual intake on both our parts, and I am sure that we could come to a more mutually beneficiary position if you would cease and desist.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Mr. X

Originally posted by xpander

Dear Cody:

Since the news of the Hybrid performance was mad public knowledge, both you and I have experienced elevated levels of excitement.

However, I have noticed a disturbing trend in your recent behavior patterns. More specifically, you are whoring Hybrid more than I am. I find this trend highly disturbing, and I insist that you cease this behavior immediately.

Please understand that should you continue this unpleasant behavioral trend, I will be forced to chuck an entire six-pack of the finest quality of Corona Extra Beer upon your automobile. This would lead to you having to clean many, many ounces of this fine alcoholic beverage off of your car. These ounces could be utilized much more productively in the future in the form of mutual intake on both our parts, and I am sure that we could come to a more mutually beneficiary position if you would cease and desist.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Mr. X

MUTHAFUCKIN' HYBRID TONITE!

:party: :party:

I'll see you there Nathan.. and we'll discuss this "whoring" business.. :laugh:

Originally posted by exitsquared4e

LOL IM JUST PLAYING NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE... EXCEPT MIKE BUGOUT (I HOPE THIS OFFENDS YOU)

Until you grow a set of balls and confront Mike to his face, why don't you SHUT THE FUCK UP

You know where we are, be a man and come introduce yourself.

Don't hate cause Mike can get a main floor spot while you will be stuck in the red room for the rest of your career.

Originally posted by legend38

Until you grow a set of balls and confront Mike to his face, why don't you SHUT THE FUCK UP

You know where we are, be a man and come introduce yourself.

Don't hate cause Mike can get a main floor spot while you will be stuck in the red room for the rest of your career.

mahhhhh nigga...:laugh::D

Originally posted by exitsquared4e

You know whats very odd, when Vicious was at Exit i knew alot of the songs that he played, so does that mean that he is a terible dj? I think its more a predetermined hate that most of you have for tony. then when you hear him you wont let yourself like what you hear becasue you have already decided what you think before you even get into the club.

Kinda a stupid thought. But maybe this Exitsquared4e is Draper himself. Cause I don't know anyone who idolizes one place or one DJ like he does. Just a stupid thought though... :D

There are letting mike get the main floor, dam, what he gets it from liek 9 -11 right, once they let people in he has to get off.

Oh and my boys do get the main floor from time to time. But they actually prefer the red room. Until i hear of that fagit on the main floor.... have fun in the coat room, and dont forget your down jackets this week bc its supposed to be the coldest day in a bout 10 years in nyc tommorrow. that mean the coat room will prob be down to like 15 or so.

ohh one more thing... i might be able to pull some strings and get you that closet on your right when you walk in... i hear they have heat in there. I could even get you your own velvet rope and a bouncer so it could jsut be you and liek 2 or 3 other people, isnt that what you are going for.