Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This issue of MIXER Magazine is a collectors item!

Originally posted by klohe

I better get the $ back from my subscription :rolleyes:

:laugh: Highly doubt it. 99% Chance if they are shutting down then they most likely filed protection under Chapter 11. Therefore they are protected from refunds... Gonna have to take the loss hun.

The Editors are beginning a new publication imn March called BIG SHOT...it will deal with a more broad spectrum of music..house, electro, hip hop trance, etc....

Heres the Press Release:

Big Shot to Launch in April

New Magazine from the Editors of Mixer

Debuts on March 18

For Immediate Release

(New York, NY) Big Shot, the new magazine from Editor and Publisher Darren Ressler and the former staff of his Mixer Magazine, which ceased publication today, will hit newsstands on March 18th. Big Shot will boast a circulation of 70,000 copies and will be distributed nationally to chain stores by IPD, as well 14 countries and military bases by Worldwide Media.

Additional wholesale distribution has been contracted to Global Distribution. Distribution heavyweights Irwin Billman and Ralph Pericelli of Magazine Communications Consultants have been retained as newsstand consultants.

Published monthly, Big Shot will expand upon the editorial vision created in 1996 by Darren Ressler, a respected journalist who has contributed to Rolling Stone, Spin and Details. Big Shot will investigate all forms of urban music culture in a fresh, innovative way, also providing in-depth product and music reviews.

“The past seven years of publishing Mixer has prepared me for this moment,” said Darren Ressler. “My staff is thrilled at the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead of us.”

The debut issue of Big Shot will be promoted at the annual Winter Music Conference taking place March 18-22 in Miami, Florida. Big Shot will be the presenting sponsor of fourth annual United DJs party at Level on Friday, March 21. Confirmed DJs include:

DJ Craze, Dieselboy, DJ Icey, Josh Wink and Christopher Lawrence.

More additions to the line-up will be announced.

Legendary music and fashion photographer Joseph Cultice has photographed art-dance duo Fischerspooner for the debut cover, which will backed by national issue release parties, retail promotions and a poster sniping campaign in New York and Los Angeles.