Clubplanet Nightlife Community

auto insurance

I have about 16 points on my drivers liscense and it got suspended. I now can get it back, but am wondering how hard it will be to find auto insurance in NJ? My parents said it will be very hard and I will probably not find any, but I dunno if they're just saying that because they don't want me driving... anybody know or know how much it would be a year?

Originally posted by ravahstar

I have about 16 points on my drivers liscense and it got suspended. I now can get it back, but am wondering how hard it will be to find auto insurance in NJ? My parents said it will be very hard and I will probably not find any, but I dunno if they're just saying that because they don't want me driving... anybody know or know how much it would be a year?

Good luck I pay almost 4 Grand.

Originally posted by ravahstar

U will find insurance but it will be VERY HIGH...I was in a position like that a few years ago b/c I had 13 ponits on my license :eek: ( at fault accident, 2 spdng tickets) They usually put you in an insurance for what they call "high risk drivers" which is for 9 points or higher. I am very very lucky that all my points got dropped ( after 3 years) except for 3 which get dropped in May. I can find out the name of that insurance if you want and Ill post it back :)

its pretty hard to get insurance in jersey...i called no lie like 20 agencies some werent givin or some were just ridiculous prices...but i have 2 that might hook you up brotha...try NJCURE or SUBURBAN INSURANCE in bloomfield....hope this works:)

Originally posted by mrbadabing

Insurance in jersey is ridiculous. I never had one point in my life. I recently just bought an infiniti. I pay $1800 a year. It's bullshit. Just because I'm a guy and under 25 thats the reason.:mad:

Hey, consider yourself lucky...I just bought a Civic which is obviously cheaper than an Infiniti, have a perfect driving record as well and i pay $2,100 a year....absolutely ridiculous!!!!:mad:

my dad is an insurance agent & is located in bloomfield...if you guys want me to ask him anything in specific or even if you guys would like to call him & ask him questions he is really good like that...he has helped so many of my friends out w/ their insurance or headed them in the right direction...PM me or sumin

Insurance does suck.

Your rates are going to be so high its pathetic. Once you get up in points like that you are considered a huge "risk", and they will treat you like one. You better watch out you dont have to sign with a re-insurance company. That'll be even worse.

If I were you I would find an agency to help you. They can get you different quotes and then you can decide if you want the insurance or not. Its gonna be steep.

Originally posted by tripper

its pretty hard to get insurance in jersey...i called no lie like 20 agencies some werent givin or some were just ridiculous prices...but i have 2 that might hook you up brotha...try NJCURE or SUBURBAN INSURANCE in bloomfield....hope this works:)

Insurance is bullshit. It's a service that you have to pay that you hope you never have to use. What the fuck is that! Where do they come up with they're figures too. My sister is 24 and she also bought a new car (Jetta). She's pays $1000 a year. Why the hell am I paying almost double? Because I'm a guy.:mad: