Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ harvey review

georgeacasta2

I wasn't feeling harvey's set. It was too retro. He started out INCREDIBLE then after that every track literally sounded like an 80/70's track. A little to much for my taste.

It was a pleasure to finally meet mazegirl who is def a sweetheart. Thanks for trying to hook it up for my friends.

Of course a big shot out to the CP mafia who was in full effect.

Congrats to Aquabooty on the new home. It looks good. DHM was great as usual, can't wait for the extended set next week. Maze was a nice change for the party. There were some places to sit. The infamous pool table was still there. :) and the Music was definitely jumpin'. Harvey took over and took us on a intresting journey. I knew we were in for a treat when he dropped that Metro Area track - Muira. He also played another track off a mix cd my good friend Domingo did. Overall a more intresting set then last time. I'm still waiting to hear him like everyone talked about him @ Rain the first time. :) There's always next month though.

Nice to see the entire mafia out in full effect even Cubano Soprano.

Pictures will be up soon by the man known as Tony.

Thanks to Omar for the cd.

Aquabooty and Maze are truly amazing.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Originally posted by rcrespo

Congrats to Aquabooty on the new home. It looks good. DHM was great as usual, can't wait for the extended set next week. Maze was a nice change for the party. There were some places to sit. The infamous pool table was still there. :) and the Music was definitely jumpin'. Harvey took over and took us on a intresting journey. I knew we were in for a treat when he dropped that Metro Area track - Muira. He also played another track off a mix cd my good friend Domingo did. Overall a more intresting set then last time. I'm still waiting to hear him like everyone talked about him @ Rain the first time. :) There's always next month though.

Nice to see the entire mafia out in full effect even Cubano Soprano.

Pictures will be up soon by the man known as Tony.

Thanks to Omar for the cd.

Aquabooty and Maze are truly amazing.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Bump ..... great nite .... Aquabooty did it once again ... :D

:hat:

Personally i thought Harvey was amazing. His mixing skills are perfect & so natural. As far as his track selection it was definatly on the chilled out & a bit electro side this time around but i think he played it brilliant. Harvey takes you on a musical journey that is never the same or predictable. Thats what makes him a master.

You just need to relax and give into it.

Tomas & Joe i think the new space is gonna work out great!

All DHM next week, I'm there. Can't wait to see the boys work it in their new spot.

For the time I was there, I thought Harvey was pretty fantastic.

My only complaints were that it was way too stuffy up there, and the audio definitely needs some work. Then again I'm spoiled by the perfection of the downstairs system :)

But it looks as if Tomas and Joe have found a new home for their party, and hopefully a permanent one :) Best of luck, guys!

I thought Harvey's set was okay.....I actually had higher expectations...since I love that electro funky stuff so much.

I am feeling that Miura Metro Area Track big time....I love it!!!

DHM sounded great! :D They never disappoint me! ;)

I like the new location except that I totally agree with pod in that it does feel kinda stuffy.

Nice hanging with all the cp peeps! I love you guys!

Also Nice meeting mazegirl and seeing Bingo again!!!

;) Zules ;)

When I got to Maze for Aquabooty I was already spiced-up and ready for the oven (?) I walked in, went straight up the stairs, right onto the dancefloor, a no-brainer for me...I really liked what Harvey was doing because my knees told me so...I don't know if he's good or bad, I just know I couldn't stand still...blame it on the rum & cokes I had @ Paco's Tavern (Funk's warm-up-reggae-hang-out for Saturday Nites) but it was very fun...I danced for a while and it felt very retro, no doubt about it, almost disco to me...overall, good job from Harvey...not my favorite style of music but I'm always ready to listen to a talented Dj and talent is something that Harvey showed has more than enough...congrats to Aquabooty, good to see you kickin it at the big Maze!

:aright:

peace

Funk :cool:

wow, the new space works brilliantly for them. I love the new booth setup, that's the way it's supposed to be (crowd friendly & accessible). The second room with the pool table is ace. The whole second floor is it's own club .. I see many many great times ahead there.

Harvey had a great set, It was better than his previous set @ Lola which was pretty eclectic and abstract. This time around he had a little more bounce for the ounce. He started off great and slowed it down, just to pick up wind one more time. That 80's retro sound was great, it was the staple of the night. Let's not forget about DHM.. what class opener's they are. They set the vibe up perfectly for Harvey.

Let's not forget that this weekend is the CP Party @ Aquabooty. Tomas showed me the poster and it contained a quote from a certain someone on this board. GA2? :cool: ... top stuff there! :)

I loved it....had a wonderful time!!!! :D Thanks to AQUABOOTY!!!

I was SO NICE seeing everyone again... I never get tired of hugging you guys. :heart: I'll need to start bringing my camera out again.

:laugh: @ Ramon!!!! I mean, Mr. Soprano. Dan, you'll have to give that avatar over to Ramon. :laugh:

Originally posted by digital7

Let's not forget that this weekend is the CP Party @ Aquabooty. Tomas showed me the poster and it contained a quote from a certain someone on this board. GA2? :cool: ... top stuff there

Can't wait for DHM to tear up that place ... :hat:

Thanks to all 478 of you who braved the rain and helped make our Grand Opening a huge success. It was alot of work getting that club looking like it did. We knew it had to look great for the opening and all the response all night was that everyone loved the space. Keep in mind, it is not done yet. There will be alot of fine tweaking going on this week. I actually brought my sound system to fill in the area by the bar but there was no realistic way to tap into the system (keeping in mind we had to move the entire booth). There will be sound in the bar area to keep it crisp. The a/c needs to be turned on a bit earlier and the smoke that we have in there comes from the main room light show. It will probably cool for the lights but we will tighten it up. The back room will be turned into a chill area and some furniture will be put in the pool room (which we had to help up the stairs, one pool guy smelled real bad carrying that up). The lights will be programmed (as they were not) and the dj booth will be done up studio quality soon. Also, the seasting area will be set up a little different.

Don't Forget next week is Free ALL NIGHT FOR CLUB PLANET PEEPS!!!

Gotta run,

Thanks to you all again.

p.s. Miguel Migs 2 weeks

Hey Joe, sorry you had to smell the pool guy's armpit, man...it was worth it, the pool table fits the space perfectly.

I'm also looking forward to all these changes / improvements...that room is going to kick ass once is fine tuned, big difference with the new Dj booth!

cheers and best of lucks!

peace

Funk :cool: