Clubplanet Nightlife Community

questionto peeps who thing twilo was the best

Why do people say it was the greastest club ever to open?HELLO but there were clubs better than that LIMELIGHT in early to mid- 90's by far alot better than twilo. I missed the Tunnel in its hey day started going in 96, but that was better than twilo. ALL you youngs have to get up on your knowledge. Just because Twilo weas maybe your firstr club you ever went to and you had fun there does NOT make it the best club ever to open.

Originally posted by housedog

Why do people say it was the greastest club ever to open?HELLO but there were clubs better than that LIMELIGHT in early to mid- 90's by far alot better than twilo. I missed the Tunnel in its hey day started going in 96, but that was better than twilo. ALL you youngs have to get up on your knowledge. Just because Twilo weas maybe your firstr club you ever went to and you had fun there does NOT make it the best club ever to open.

Everyone has there own opinion...

Personally I liked D-Tour at tunnel.

But I must say TWILO had a sick vibe. A sick system. And never disapointed me... And in my eyes it was second to none... But that does not put Tunnel nor Limelight on the back burner. They were all incredible.

Everyone has there own opinion...

Personally I liked D-Tour at tunnel.

But I must say TWILO had a sick vibe. A sick system. And never disapointed me... And in my eyes it was second to none... But that does not put Tunnel nor Limelight on the back burner. They were all incredible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly what he said, I Think twilo was the best thats my opinion.

Originally posted by zeeker

Not everyone like's what HOUSEDOG likes.

Your right not everyone has to like what I like. But to say that Twilo was the best to open, Come on. Yes Twilo was good and they brought in talent, but the best? For each its own I just found it funny that I read that in a quote. All I did was voice my opinion on it. Just like you all voice your on mine

Your right not everyone has to like what I like. But to say that Twilo was the best to open, Come on. Yes Twilo was good and they brought in talent, but the best? For each its own I just found it funny that I read that in a quote. All I did was voice my opinion on it. Just like you all voice your on mine

For me, Twilo was the total experience :spin2:

the Best Dj's, making lots of friends in the club, seeing famous people, good space, and not much BS, all under one roof. Not many other clubs had the right mix.

That's why i loved it :D

if u think Limelight was sick in 1996?

than bitch you were really missing out, cause 96 was NOTHING

actually 96 is the year is closed, and it was allready on it's last leg, michael n pez were to busy smoking crack n doing dope to realize they were running a weekly, and most of the original crew, Astro, myself, james, Ricki, jenn, papa, n dave were not even going anymore, Jenny was in a hospital, ricki was beating a drug habbit, n astro was tucked away in denver at a clinic, towards the end, i myself, was to busy also in my own SHIT....so 96 was prob the last Kick, to a kick that really wasent there, like james said, it was on auto pilot, james himself had relocated, n the dj's were also to fucked up to even spin right....

and than the club was padlcoked, n well im sure everyone knows what happned after that,

a few attempts to re-open, a murder, a friend gone, another friend disapered , RUMORS fucking EVERYWERE

people thinking it was all a joke, n michael was gonna open a NEW club.... n this was a paly to get attention towards opeing night,

even after he broke down to me myself n told me he did it,

we all didint believe him.....

96, was the end.......

N Twilo n limelight are like NIGHT N DAY

>oly

Crackorn, u know i got nuttin but love for ya, but!!

Bump for bump with Joey from the new kids on the block, n deap conversations about plastic dilldo's,with madonna and endless supply of Drugs, and FREAKS, n FUN LOUD Crazy people EVERYWERE, was alot better, than say Digweed At Twilo, LOL

BUT....if u werent there Bump For bump, sitting in the vip room, watching Peter Peter throw hits of acid at a monkey locked in a cage, than u wont get it, and thats soo cool

cause if u werent there, that just makes u alot smarter than anyone who was there....

but id still do it again,...lol

it was a REALLY Fun way Down....

haha

"stepping of my Stage"

>oly

Originally posted by jaysea

Crackorn, u know i got nuttin but love for ya, but!!

Bump for bump with Joey from the new kids on the block, n deap conversations about plastic dilldo's,with madonna and endless supply of Drugs, and FREAKS, n FUN LOUD Crazy people EVERYWERE, was alot better, than say Digweed At Twilo, LOL

BUT....if u werent there Bump For bump, sitting in the vip room, watching Peter Peter throw hits of acid at a monkey locked in a cage, than u wont get it, and thats soo cool

cause if u werent there, that just makes u alot smarter than anyone who was there....

but id still do it again,...lol

it was a REALLY Fun way Down....

haha

"stepping of my Stage"

>oly

WOW Did that really happen....I missed tha I was in the card house w/Desi taking Chocolate Mesc !!!!;)

Don't try to play it off like you started this thread in order to state an opinion. Your only intention was to provoke unnecessary drama. Now run along, and remember, it's Friday! No need to be such a drama queen right before the weekend. Dismissed...

Originally posted by tastyt

Don't try to play it off like you started this thread in order to state an opinion. Your only intention was to provoke unnecessary drama. Now run along, and remember, it's Friday! No need to be such a drama queen right before the weekend. Dismissed...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

thats why tastyt rocks the house

agreed

each club is/was unique, and i did have fun most nights i was @ twilo... but c'mon, it was still just another club:blank:

and reading about the shyte that went down in the earlier 90s, damn!, I'd guess some of the other clubs topped twilo twice over...

im not the only one whos still sorta around,

actually alot more of the old school crowd kinda pops in alot more lately,

and i do love alot of the new kids.....

so many young kids who are really here for the music n to have fun, n not get fucked up, n chill at exit,

damn, you're awesome. :)

Drama like I really give a flyin f**k. I read it in someones quote and I found it funny. I dont really need to start drama there is enough here already.

BE YOURSELF and No one else

You have to understand that scenes are constantly changing, it's all about timing...I started at Limelight a few times in '92-'93 but I was a tad too young for the scene, then I started hitting up Tunnel every weekend in '94, moved onto Twilo in '96, then finally made my home at Vinyl in '99. There are many clubs in between, but these had the most impact on me. Each club had it's own effects but as I grew more familiar with partying, my musical tastes narrowed down to specifics...Now it's take me to the house beatz ;)