Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP - First Time in DC

luo072s

Me too. I must visit my family.

There used to be Buzz@ Nation, but it's gone. The best I heard so far is the VIP club on Fridays, Five, and some lounges like Dragonfly. I remember there was Glow at club Insomnia near the MCI center. I don't know if it exists anymore, but on fri and sat it was mostly 20 -22 year olds who had maturity levels far below a 12 year old, but every once in a while they had some good dj's.

I heard to stay away from Dream from at least 12 people.

Originally posted by nyckitty69

Me too. I must visit my family.

There used to be Buzz@ Nation, but it's gone. The best I heard so far is the VIP club on Fridays, Five, and some lounges like Dragonfly. I remember there was Glow at club Insomnia near the MCI center. I don't know if it exists anymore, but on fri and sat it was mostly 20 -22 year olds who had maturity levels far below a 12 year old, but every once in a while they had some good dj's.

I heard to stay away from Dream from at least 12 people.

If anything, Dream is more tolerable then VIP. VIP consists of mainly patrons who try extra hard to be high class. Glow still exists unfortunately. Five is better on fridays and sat's. Dragonfly is pretty much a fancy cafeteria serving sushi with Drum n bass music being played. Someone should seriously just leave a sticky post for any DC newbies.

I've only been to Dream once, but it was the worst time of my life!!! I definally do not recomend! People there are very ignorant and imature! You can get in a fight just for beeing there!

VIP is preatty good I always have fun when I go there. I heard that club 5 kicks ass, so you should try that! Buzz still closed( sucks)

Have fun :beer:

Another option for your evening out...

Trust in Baltimore Resident DJ YIANNIS (DJ/Producer/Remixer)

Outstanding Productions...who is celebrating to NEW releases this month (Junior Vasquez Music- Alcazar- Don't you Want me?) and Jocelyn Enriquez' new single No Way No How...will be spinning from Midnight until the party stops at Apex in Dupont.

In my opinion he is DC's best kept secret- just in the past 4 months, he's shared the DJ booth with DJ Mike Cruz, Guido Osorio (razor-n-guido) and Superchumbo in Baltimore. I can't stop dancing and Baltimore never seems that far away when I know he's spinning.

I think his bio is on the Trust website www.trustbaltimore.com and he's on party list too if you want to see his Top 10.

:-) just passing along info....

:tongue:

Originally posted by fivewandsfordc

Outstanding Productions...who is celebrating to NEW releases this month (Junior Vasquez Music- Alcazar- Don't you Want me?) and Jocelyn Enriquez' new single No Way No How...will be spinning from Midnight until the party stops at Apex in Dupont.

In my opinion he is DC's best kept secret- just in the past 4 months, he's shared the DJ booth with DJ Mike Cruz, Guido Osorio (razor-n-guido) and Superchumbo in Baltimore. I can't stop dancing and Baltimore never seems that far away when I know he's spinning.

I think his bio is on the Trust website www.trustbaltimore.com and he's on party list too if you want to see his Top 10.

Were you also a regular at Heaven when he was there?

A few of us on this board know him from there.

Originally posted by fivewandsfordc

holy crap! yiannis is a resident at trust now? didn't he used to spin saturdays @ heaven? or am i thinking of a different yiannis?

Originally posted by rockyblue

holy crap! yiannis is a resident at trust now? didn't he used to spin saturdays @ heaven? or am i thinking of a different yiannis?

no, it's the same. He's always done the Tea parties on Sun.

I don't know what Apex is, but I know he was doing a couple nights at Acropolis....I'll call him and find out.

Originally posted by revaluation

no, it's the same. He's always done the Tea parties on Sun.

I don't know what Apex is, but I know he was doing a couple nights at Acropolis....I'll call him and find out.

i think apex is a party at badlands, but i could be wrong.

Yes, I went to Heaven..in the end...I'm not sure everyone at Heaven knew just how talented he was...he played a lot of original mixes and brought back old school favorites to life...

And like all good DJs...to keep this girl on the dancefloor...you have to give me something other than other people's music. And that he did...

YES, my bad...Apex is the club formerly known as Badlands...but OH SO new and improved.... the only complaint is that the DJ booth is so high, we can't watch Yiannis get all excited and jump around,etc like at Heaven, Acropolis and Trust.

maybe i'm just too short? lol

:eek: