Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where do 25->30 yr old men go?

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

NNNNEEEEXXXXTTTT!

how about a conservative democrat/moderate republican (he's got issues), pocket-protector wearing geek, aspiring to be a poor starving artist, whose taste in music depends on where his tongue's been? :tongue:

Well then I guess i'm not a beggar cause i'm choosy as fuck and gettin worse by the day!

"choosy as fuck". now there's a phrase i don't hear too often. let's take a look at the derivation of this phrase...

when "a fuck" presents itself, does one actually pause for a second (mid-process of whatever one's doing that eventually led to this fortuitous opportunity), and contemplate the following: "hmmm...do i really want this 'fuck'? or do i want THAT fuck? i don't know...i kinda like THIS fuck. but i'm kinda feeling more of the OTHER fuck. FUCK, i'm choosy as fuck!"

and so came to be that "choosy as fuck" was inducted into the Oxford Unabridged Phrases and Idioms Dictionary.

how about guys 25-30 who actually have some taste in music. . . where the F are they at?

you can find at least one of them im'ing you at late hours of the night complaining about their horrific love life. :hang:

(for some *shocking* reason, women in this town don't appreciate semi-insane graduate students with penchant for dance music, art cinema, world travel, space/science and copious amounts of high-grade weed. go figure. )

god, i hate my life.

oh btw i'm on a vendetta against the jaded techno losers who do everything they possibly can to shun people from their scene and then complain that nyc has "no techno scene" since nobody goes to their parties.

next time anybody says "i don't listen to music that has a melody" or "i only like tracks that comes from this specific three-block radius of detroit" i'm going to punch them in the face. its music god dammit, get a fucking life.

Originally posted by xpander

Pete's taken and I still have a couple of years to age.

Sorry.

Too true - Grampa Bounce is no longer available for dates --- but before I was off the market (and was betwen 26 - 30) I tended to go to the following places if I wanted to meet interesting, marginally intelligent people who I might consider going on a date with:

centro

vinyl

baktun

twilo saturdays

and lots of lounges...nothing real upscale in particular

DJ Jon is right I think - in terms of big clubs saturdays at Roxy and Exit are probably good bets - there will be lots of gay guys there, but they're likely to be a bit older, more interesting, NOT guido's and some nice straight guys who are into the chill scene mixed in.

Try PS1 during the summer for the hippest, coolest somewhat older crowd there is :aright:

In fact, that's where i met ,many of the "oldtimers" from this board.

i just turned the big THREE-OHHHH and i still go to those places...though not as frequently as i used to.

your best bet would be the upscale places....jimmys downtown, suede, pangaea, lotus, park...etc. as us older folk have more disposable income (and expense accounts) to spend on 12 dollar dinks!!! kinda makes me wish i was a dirt poor college kid!!!!:(

Originally posted by djjonstephen

well....I'm Jon...I live in Queens, not a drug dealer, and now 24

I hang out everywhere and I do go to Exit from time to time so end the generalizations cause people like me go everwhere from the underground of underground to the poche of poche to the commercial. One thing I hate is stereotypical people

If you want 25-30 year olds go to China Club Mondays or Roxy Saturdays or Exit Saturdays

have fun

\

Yeah, unless they are Greek. In which case, you can make all the generalizations you want. ;):tongue:

Originally posted by petp

i just turned the big THREE-OHHHH and i still go to those places...though not as frequently as i used to.

your best bet would be the upscale places....jimmys downtown, suede, pangaea, lotus, park...etc. as us older folk have more disposable income (and expense accounts) to spend on 12 dollar dinks!!! kinda makes me wish i was a dirt poor college kid!!!!:(

bwahahha my little greeko is getting old *pinches cheeks*

Kitty, I'd say your best bet is to stay away from the big clubs. Most people over 25 don't want to be bothered with the very losers you're meeting, so they tend to pick smaller places that are strict over-21 venues and less likely to include people from the "I just got my driver's license" range. If you go to the club search page on here, I'm sure you can find a bunch to choose from. If you're looking for more of a big party atmosphere but with a better crowd, try Float on Fridays or Saturdays, or Discotheque on Saturdays - that's about the sort of crowd you're looking for. My friend runs two of the parties, so if you're interested I can put you two in touch for more info, he has guestlists and whatnot that you can use. Hope that helps.

NYCKITTY69

JOIN DJs ROB ODYSSEY AND FRANK CEE

FEBRUARY 14TH

VALENTINES DAY

MOD

505 COLUMBUS AVE

BETWEEN 84 & 85 STREET

SHARE THE LOVE AS WE CELEBRATE DJ FRANK CEE’S BIRTHDAY

Nonstop Music From 10PM Till 4AM

NO COVER

BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

COME SHOW YOUR LOVE

AND

EXPRESS YOURSELF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proper Attire Mandatory

Dress Casual but Neat

Originally posted by nyckitty69

Sorry to whine, but I would be very greatful if the men would answer my question:

Which clubs do the 25-> 30 year old men go?

I'm sick of asshole 21 year old guido's at Exit and the factory who have the same stupid lines: "can I get a kiss? what's ya numba? wanna go downstez? can you give me a blow job?".

It's becoming so predictable. And oh the surprise, they all happen to be named Tony or Joey and live in Queens and are drug dealers.

Maybe if they had some creativity they would get some.

Girl, this is EXACTLY what me and my girlfriend are asking each other every time we go clubbing. Yeah, I guess 25+ male crowd relocated to bars and lounges. Personally for me it's easier to get to know someone in a club but I gave up that idea long time ago and now I only go to clubs to listen to music I like AND make fun of those little stupid puppies you mentioned. (tell someone that YOU want to kiss him....cause you need to puke , ha ha :)))

To meet someone your age (and liitle bit more brains) go to places like BOWLMORE LANES on Univercity Pl in village. This one has bowling , pool, music and more mature crowd

Good luck , girl and have FUN

Originally posted by nafania

Girl, this is EXACTLY what me and my girlfriend are asking each other every time we go clubbing. Yeah, I guess 25+ male crowd relocated to bars and lounges. Personally for me it's easier to get to know someone in a club but I gave up that idea long time ago and now I only go to clubs to listen to music I like AND make fun of those little stupid puppies you mentioned. (tell someone that YOU want to kiss him....cause you need to puke , ha ha :)))

To meet someone your age (and liitle bit more brains) go to places like BOWLMORE LANES on Univercity Pl in village. This one has bowling , pool, music and more mature crowd

Good luck , girl and have FUN

Bowlmor?? Holy shit - I had so much fun doing the Monday nite bowling parties...those were the days. :)

I'm over 25, and I go to bars A LOT more than clubs now - I tend to stick with the ol' Irish Pubs like Dublin House and Kinsale these days! Good, chill places and great conversation with the locals.

Originally posted by Crackorn

So now YOU'RE saying I have no taste in music. I'm never going out again! Now I'm super:(

LOL hey dude don't feel bad that your 30 and going to clubs.Right now im 25 and I go where ever the good music is,lounge,club,arenas,where ever.And by the time im 30,married or not married I will atill follow the music if my wife wants she can come or she can stay her ass home.(im not married btw)lol.Just go and like DT would say,"BE YOURSELF". PEACE.