Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What does this board think of Mr C ???

vipnerd

Ex-shamen front man Richard West has been around for a very very long time. Together w/ Layo Paskin and Matthew Bushwacka, they are collectively known as the End Soundsystem. The man has the goods, trust me on that. He tore up the decks for the Matter:/Form party in last years conference and his October set over at the Living Room was nothing short of spectacular. I had a chance to meet him personally and chat w/ him for a bit. The man is super kool regardless... Although, he's not quite the massive producer that churns out tracks every other day, he's more known for his international set's and at his set's at the legendary nightclub the End which he designed himself. The man has artistic integrity and is well respected.

and NO! he's not only known for Circles. How anyone could muster up to say that is beyond me ....

Mr C is simply in a league of his own. His CD "Changes" , for which he is touring, is his first album as Mr C. It took 15 years before he decided to put out an album under his Mr C name.

It describes changes in his personal life, his separation from his wife and death of his father and now his marriage with a beautiful Mexican model and actress -Xochitl- , who he met in Miami during WMC. It also describes a change in music, as to what tech house is generating around the globe.

His club, The End which he owns with Layo & Bushwacka, is THE UNDERGROUND CLUB in London, and has served to shape the underground scene worlwide.

Mr C is the creator of the term tech house. "Although not an actual genre in itself has become a genre in the minds of journalists, magazines and dance music media alike. It is a hybrid consisting of deep house, acid house, breakbeat, electro and techno. As a genre it doesn't exist, as a movement it is rapidly becoming a worldwide phenomena incorporating all that is cutting edge, funky, intense, but musical and shaping the direction of various genres of dance music which will hopefully collide and become the driving force of the sound of tomorrow, the sound of quality, the sound of integrity but most of all the sounds of fun"

It is more of a mindset than a type of music. It is an attitude. For those who don't know about him, have never heard him or simply want to experience what is the direction music is gearing towards, don't miss a chance to see him.

My $.02:)

mr. c always rocks the end party at goddess. tech house is some of the coolest music i have ever heard. two years ago when he did tantra the place went crazy when he went on. i really think tech house is a great sound for a place like tantra. i personally love vocaly house but mr c has a sound that makes you feel like your in a james bond movie or on a mission. i did not go to living room to hear him. speaking of livingroom aka vanilla bar, i saw a post from the sheriff of eviction. i hope nobody has this place booked for wmc. nervous......

Originally posted by roxysandiego

Mr C is simply in a league of his own. His CD "Changes" , for which he is touring, is his first album as Mr C. It took 15 years before he decided to put out an album under his Mr C name.

It describes changes in his personal life, his separation from his wife and death of his father and now his marriage with a beautiful Mexican model and actress -Xochitl- , who he met in Miami during WMC. It also describes a change in music, as to what tech house is generating around the globe.

His club, The End which he owns with Layo & Bushwacka, is THE UNDERGROUND CLUB in London, and has served to shape the underground scene worlwide.

Mr C is the creator of the term tech house. "Although not an actual genre in itself has become a genre in the minds of journalists, magazines and dance music media alike. It is a hybrid consisting of deep house, acid house, breakbeat, electro and techno. As a genre it doesn't exist, as a movement it is rapidly becoming a worldwide phenomena incorporating all that is cutting edge, funky, intense, but musical and shaping the direction of various genres of dance music which will hopefully collide and become the driving force of the sound of tomorrow, the sound of quality, the sound of integrity but most of all the sounds of fun"

It is more of a mindset than a type of music. It is an attitude. For those who don't know about him, have never heard him or simply want to experience what is the direction music is gearing towards, don't miss a chance to see him.

nice! :aright:

Originally posted by roxysandiego

somebody is copying and pasting BIO's .. no fair ;)

Originally posted by digital7

somebody is copying and pasting BIO's .. no fair ;)

Herve Villechaize

Biography

Three-foot, nine-inch Paris-born actor best known for his TV role as Ricardo Montalban's sidekick Tattoo ("Boss, de plane, de plane!") on the popular ABC anthology, "Fantasy Island" (1978-83). Villechaize died out a gunshot wound he inflicted upon himself out of despondency over longtime health problems.

:D

Originally posted by milano

:laugh: Lol:laugh: Funketeer, I was looking for this thread and entered the Mr T one. From what I'm reading, Three will open for Mr C? Mazegirl, can you feed us with info? It would be out of hand!:eek::cool:

Funk is a classic ...:laugh: ...

And yes ... DJ Three will be opening for Mr. C ... musically ... top notch line-up ... and in the Funktion One room ... get ready ... :D :D :D

BTW ... there are a lot more surprises for that night ... so pick your Valentine ... she will never forget you :eek: :eek: :hat: