Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bedrock last night!!

MadamMillie

FABULOUS. simply FABULOUS.

phil thompson's set was PERFECT. perfect opening set. i really really enjoyed it. really nice, smooth, "warm" prog if you know what i mean. and gradually built it up for danny. danny was, as usual, on POINT mixing-wise. although i personally enjoyed the mad techno he had played at trust in baltimore a few months ago. however, he did his mad, crazy, cannot feel the floor b/c you're bouncing so much prog thing, no flaws (that my ears could hear anyway). then diggers...soooo nice to hear him again. MADHOUSE. CHAOS. BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE. lack of enough time for him to really do his thing, though, IMO. not enough ups and downs IMO just two hours of straight goodness.

lots of lights and lasers, a bit overkill though. the overhead green

lasers were great but the blue strobe hits you straight in the face

if youre in front. which of course is where i was. :)

soooo much good music but i couldnt leave the main floor! Jonathon lisle, paul louth upstairs, a few more (hyper i think as well?)

ran into a friend of mine from dallas!!! didnt know it but he's very

active on the GU board and is visiting here. they're doing bedrock

brighton tonight.

short sets, 2 hours each. but diggers will be at fabric next sat,

which closes at 6 or 7am, so i will get my fill there.

i suck at trainspots so none for ya.

interesting - thanks! none of me but i vaguely remember taking a pic w/ some random guy, who i *thought* was tall and bald. dont really remember though but i gave him a kiss on the cheek! :)

oh two friends of mine, one is danny's website guy, is in one of the pics on the first page.

my top 5:

sven vath, marco carola, rino cerrone, adam beyer, carl cox, slam...ok well, 6, but i really havent heard a lot of the techno dj's out there.

shall we remember howells was spinning techno at trust and someone was freaking out the entire night?

Originally posted by vicman

my top 5:

sven vath, marco carola, rino cerrone, adam beyer, carl cox, slam...ok well, 6, but i really havent heard a lot of the techno dj's out there.

shall we remember howells was spinning techno at trust and someone was freaking out the entire night?

dont get me wrong...i had a blast, but i was also very wasted and dont really remember the sounds.

just wann listen to some sets in a more sober state to really evaluate.

The only one I've heard is Cox and *please don't throw eggs* I've never really gotten into it. I saw DT/CC at Twilo and that was nuts, but basically cuz it was Twilo. I've heard a couple of his mixes and I dont think I get it yet, so I wanted to do some research.

Originally posted by revaluation

dont get me wrong...i had a blast, but i was also very wasted and dont really remember the sounds.

just wann listen to some sets in a more sober state to really evaluate.

The only one I've heard is Cox and *please don't throw eggs* I've never really gotten into it. I saw DT/CC at Twilo and that was nuts, but basically cuz it was Twilo. I've heard a couple of his mixes and I dont think I get it yet, so I wanted to do some research.

i think you would like slam and stuff by mistress barbara. some people dont like the bangin' in your face type of stuff, i particularly dont like a lot of mixes by hawtin, but thats just everyones tastes. give slam a good listen, i think youll like it.

Originally posted by vicman

i think you would like slam and stuff by mistress barbara. some people dont like the bangin' in your face type of stuff, i particularly dont like a lot of mixes by hawtin, but thats just everyones tastes. give slam a good listen, i think youll like it.

ya I was gonna mention that...Slam sounds a lot like house music to me. Melodies, Big synth chords....their Essential mix was the one I heard and I thought it was pretty much on the house side.

ya I was gonna mention that...Slam sounds a lot like house music to me. Melodies, Big synth chords....their Essential mix was the one I heard and I thought it was pretty much on the house side.

i got few sets, their live at fabric on world dj day is short but sweet

Guest jroo

maybe one day all you music coniessures will aprecieate some good D&B one day, I know that baby anne had all you guys dancing, but you all still fail to recognize D&B. i hate it when the music slows down so much that you cant dance to it. fortunelatey, i have a slo-mo move for when that happens. and slamming house music can be boring, the same beat over and over again. but slamming D&B or jungle will take you to other levels.

my .02

Slam does get housey. More like basement Jaxx. That techno with a house fling.