Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory And Exit Just Been Shut Down

I bet this is the first of many clubs to go down. Maybe we will all go out and vote against the RAVER ACT when the time comes or they will keep on fucking with us. Wether you do drugs or not this affects you. Is it the war on drugs or the war on the constitution?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nympho69

plus i think the sudden decrease in drugs available may have to do with lack of funds for payoffs etc

Thats a very intresting thought, and i think a reasonable assumption.

I am delighted to learn that nympho69 is more than just hot pictures in the gallery ;)

SF & Exit were on their way to this point for a loooong time..esp. Factory...The cops have been watching these places for a while (My friend was being watched by undercover cops there for over 6 months & they bought over 600 pills from him during this time b4 arresting him) It was just a matter of time b4 they shut down :rolleyes: IF they do re-open in a month I think everyone can survive :rolleyes: without these 2 places 4 a bit....but in all honesty...w/ the recent drug busts that have been going on around queens, li & jersey....I don't think it's going to be taken lightly anymore & Factory will DEF. be the first one to go for good

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

Who's spinning at Shelter and Arc Saturday night?

If Arc is an option for you then.....

Sat. Feb. 15 - Talla 2xlc, Victor Dinaire, Gaafar El Mallah-main - Krafy Kuts, Miss Bliss-Arcade

Sun. Feb 16 - 5pm-12 Tedd Patterson and DT takes over at midnight

Sat. Feb. 22 - awww yeah, the return of Danny Howells-9 or 10 hour set with Bill Patrick and Olivier Berge in the Arcade

I just moved here from Arizona last year and the scene is whole different story there. I have to say just be aware of your surroundings and watch for who might be watching you somewhere. Keep the shit you have to away from the club and enjoy the fcuking music! Compared to any club in Phoenix, Detroit or Miami-Soundfactory was always an incredible vibe and I'm glad I got to go a couple times. Peace.

srbronz@yahoo.com for reduced adm. b4 4am at ARC

Originally posted by johnny595

OK, for all of you people who decide to make all these assumptions that these clubs will be closed forever, youre dreaming.

The reason why these clubs were shutdown was for drugs. But in the legal aspect it is called nuciense abatement. Meaning that it is basically a warning for these clubs that are indeed looking past the fact that there is drug use going on in these buildings.

The lawyers for these nightclubs will be in court and the clubs will be open soon. Do you actually think these club owners would sacrifice more than one week of needed business?!

Think logically....all clubs have drugs

I do not think I have ever read such ignorance until tonight. I have stated in another thread and I will state it here. Both clubs may re-open. It is like what happened in the past. But once they pad lock you the first time it is all down hill from there. It is a sure sign it is going to happen again. And it is going to happen for good eventually.

Tunnel

Twilo

LimeLight

Etc... Etc...

am I the only one that thinks that the closing of these clubs could possible be linked to the fact that on Friday the U.S and NY were put on a high alert. I mean a few months ago they blew up a club in Bali.

Exit and S.F are to big clubs that attract a lot of people...

Does anyone here think the same way I do?

Its just a possible theory./

only because there are drugs at every club and there have been drugs at both these clubs sice they opened.. to close them now seems ridiculous.

The bombs in Bali were outside the clubs. Who is to say that a car sitting in the parking lot next to Factory couldn't carry a bomb and cause damage? This could be at anytime, not just during this high alert status. Beyond that, this alert status stuff is a joke IMO. It's putting more fear into out society then doing good. Too many people complaining that someone needed to be held to task for miscommunications that caused 9/11. We are a free and open society, our enemies can walk around as free as we are. As sad as it sounds, something like 9/11 will happen again because of that.

Anyway, I don't understand why it could be hard to believe that they were closed for what is reported. Having no idea what they've gathered in 22 months of investigation I'd still go out on a limb and say they're going to be closed for quite a while. It's all up to the high priced lawyers to try and find a loophole in the law and use that to it's fullest.

On a lighter note, a kid that lives across the street from my dad got busted for smoking weed in Exit. This was during this 22 months period. Security came over to him with 2 cops and they arrested him, spent a night in jail for it as well. Shit happens. We'll move on....atleast I will.

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by jjcbebe

am I the only one that thinks that the closing of these clubs could possible be linked to the fact that on Friday the U.S and NY were put on a high alert. I mean a few months ago they blew up a club in Bali.

Exit and S.F are to big clubs that attract a lot of people...

Does anyone here think the same way I do?

Its just a possible theory./

only because there are drugs at every club and there have been drugs at both these clubs sice they opened.. to close them now seems ridiculous.

Osama Bin laden is the house dealer at Factory, he'd never blow the place up. He is too busy selling bombs by the stairs, but now that Junior is going to spin there I think homosexuality is against the Islamic religion so beware of the new Fagtory Saturdays!

Originally posted by NJDionysus

Osama Bin laden is the house dealer at Factory, he'd never blow the place up. He is too busy selling bombs by the stairs, but now that Junior is going to spin there I think homosexuality is against the Islamic religion so beware of the new Fagtory Saturdays!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: