Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory And Exit Just Been Shut Down

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SFTunnel76

Why is KTU promoting this big event at Exit in a couple of weeks. The place is closed.

KTU had rented out the space to hold their own private concert in the venue that is exit. Now what exactly is going to happen now who knows. There are many private partys held during the week at exit (ESPN, Merryl Lynch, and other big companies often hold large corporate gatherings there). I'm not sure what will become of the KTU show there as of yet, beucase the last news report that I saw said the place was sealed up by the cops and nobody was allowed. Now I suppose they could revoke the clubs actual license, and KTU coudl probably apply for their own temporary permit to have their one day even in the space, but who knows...only time will tell.

Bern

There has been a 22 month ongoing investigation at exit and sound factory. Police report that they have bought drugs from exit and Sound Factory and that drug use and distribution is out in the open in both clubs. So the cops raided both clubs last night and shut them down. 11 people are facing drug charges. No club owners have been charged, but Thursday they are going to civil court...officials hope to have exit closed for up to a year..but from what i understand that is the longest they are allowed to keep them closed down...so Hope and Pray that it is only a week or so...but don't anyone get yours hopes too high, because being closed for a long time is a strong possibility. So in end, all you idiots who buy and sell drugs in clubs, you ruined it for everyone.

on a serious note

purely speculating

do u think that the shut down could be a ploy to gain money from the club in lawsuits simply because the economy is doing horrible?

or that many of the drugs do in fact come from groups who may be supporting terrorists groups, and to tighten borders it also means tightening the entrance of drugs, etc???

Originally posted by nympho69

on a serious note

purely speculating

do u think that the shut down could be a ploy to gain money from the club in lawsuits simply because the economy is doing horrible?

or that many of the drugs do in fact come from groups who may be supporting terrorists groups, and to tighten borders it also means tightening the entrance of drugs, etc???

This investigation started two years ago so I don't think terrorism was a factor at all. As for your first comment, I think the city would get more money from the property and income taxes on the clubs over the long term as opposed to trying to extract money via a lawsuit.

Originally posted by Drunk

This investigation started two years ago so I don't think terrorism was a factor at all. As for your first comment, I think the city would get more money from the property and income taxes on the clubs over the long term as opposed to trying to extract money via a lawsuit.

yes i know the investigation started a long time ago

however why bring it out now???

admist the sudden high alert, recession, and inevitable war that may cripple the economy

plus i think the sudden decrease in drugs available may have to do with lack of funds for payoffs etc

again only me speculating

DAN WILSON has a storng point about WEBSTERHALL. It will be pack casue of DJ RICK CORBOs return and casueof the closings. Every one shoud just go thier and ignore the majority of the crowd. That club is about 60 percent tourist who dont know anything about music adn 40 percent of people who love music and know about music. RICK wont dissapoint anyonewho has heard him b4 should know he doenst spin trance like he did about 4yrs ago. All ya people who think ya are the greates club goers ever should come check it out on sats and then head over to shelter. And on sunday night think abut the great night youve just experienced. ALL druggis should stay awa please. ALL you guys with diesel wear(lol god what ajoke) and shades and all dance the same dont worry theirs space thier for you to dance. As much as i would not want to see any of ya, this is a small comunity and i think its important for everyone to enjoy the music. Come on down to websterhall this sat adn enjoy. TAKE IT OVER CP people make it into the scene you want it to be by oing more ften. But that is if you like it.

Originally posted by SFTunnel76

Why is KTU promoting this big event at Exit in a couple of weeks. The place is closed.

If I remember correctly.. Tunnel was shut down and there was still a couple of planned events there despite the fact that the weekly party was cancelled.. cause I went to one of them.

Anyone going to discotheque this evening? How is the party there on Saturday night? Is Boris' track selection / spinning as nasty as usual, or does he play different music?

Someone inform me of some good (house-music playing) afterhours spots for Sunday morning. Also, provide some addresses if you can; they would be highly appreciated.