Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nightlife Takes__"_NERVE" - READ!

nervemaimi

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by nexusgroove

LOL, I was just at matrix today... nice but small club. Does it pack in heads?

If we do 200 people over what they normaly do, then it will be packed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Roman from NYC his skills were good but his music selection was always less then great in my opinion. Then again I hung out at Sound Factory Bar to see Little Louie Vega, Disco 2000, Fridays at Danceteria and Shelter on Saturdays. I do give him his props for working at 2 of NYC's biggest clubs which was everyones goal back then. He worked at Paladium and Tunnel and those were both Gatien's clubs. Gatien was good at using his dj's at all 4 of his clubs. And in my opinion Twilo is really the only club to even come close to the vibe that Gatiens 4 clubs had. I do have one question though did he ever spin at Danceteria?

Times have changed and hopefully Roman is on top of his game.

I do wish you tons of luck in this new club. I will be down to visit Miami as NYC is slowly whats left of its scene.

Not hating just stating an opinion. Hating on others clubs or partys because you don't like the music there doesn't make it a bad party.

re: roman ricardo - maybe wrong guy, Gatien did not own either of these clubs when roman was there.........anyway I'm glad you liked the vibe at twilo and i hope you enjoyed the sound because NERVE is getting an official Steve dash / Phil smith "phazon" sound system, as herd in most of the legendary clubs such as twilo, roxy, shelter, crobar (downstairs only) etc. etc

nerve

NERVE GETS steve dash/ phil smith "phazon" sound system

RE: NERVE PHAZON SOUND SYSTEM

just a quick note, we are happy to announce that Steve dash & Phil smith will be installing our new "phazon" sound system

club is set to open in march 2003 (before winter music conference)

Hope everyone will enjoy!

NERVE

nervemiami@aol.com

------------------------------------

WHAT IS PHAZON

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHAZON INTEGRATED SOUND SYSTEMS

Phazon Sound is simply the finest professional sound system engineering firm in the world. Phazon appears in more successful dance clubs, nightclubs and cabarets than any other system. The reason is obvious.

FLAWLESS SOUND PROCESSING

FROM ANY SOURCE: VINYL, DAT or CD

Engineered by Phazon and not merely off-the-shelf components, Phazon Integrated Systems utilize the highest degree of processing available, a pure, warm transfer from dj booth to speaker. These unique components can also be used to upgrade and enhance an existing system to produce surprising results.

WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO • The Sheer Joy of Sound

Phazon has become synonomous with quality. No other sound system provides that heart stopping sub-base with no aural irritation. Patrons in facilities equipped with Phazon are awed by the depth and level of sound without ever complaining about the ear fatigue feature so common in other sound systems. Directional Sound Focus, a specialty of Phazon systems allows maximum sound reproduction on the dance floor, yet allows for normal conversational volume only a few meters away within the same room. Patrons often speak of being "enveloped" in the Phazon sound and, when it is time to sit and chat or purchase a drink, the trip to the seating or bar allows for easy communication. No throbbing headaches or muffled hearing after a night of Phazon! No other system can make that claim.

PHIL SMITH •_ Sales and Design

STEVE DASH • Engineering and Installation

Originally posted by sheldonp

I disagree, used to go and hear Mark Leventhal play soul & funk classics at Fat Black and he was wicked. Hope that's what he's playing at Nerve.

Saleen doesn't know about Fat Black...he's a newcomer...although, he speaks and trashes Miami legends like he owns the joint...oh well...let the poor guy ramble on...Mark Leventhal needs no introduction as far as I'm concerned...good element to have on board under all circumstances.

By the way Saleen...Fat Black Pussycat used to be this legendary party we used to have here in Miami some years ago and Mark was the man behind decks.

and now to something completely different! :tongue:

Originally posted by saleen351

hmmmmmmmmm, i wonder where i rank in the abc's of the crowd...

I think I'm a C- maybe a C+............. If my party fails on friday, I think i'll be a D, and then I cant party at the Nerve:(

"Dont even sweat it dawg, you are a D -"

sandw.jpg

Also, these guys think you look, act and tell jokes exactly like Fuzzy Bear.

Originally posted by nervemaimi

NERVE

SAVING THE WORLD, ONE PARTY AT A TIME!!!

There are plenty of new clubs in South Beach, but this one is NEW AND DIFFERENT, we swear! It has some NERVE!!!

The entire VIP-Champagne-Private Party scene is good and people love it. Yes, people really, really love it! But they also like innovation, challenge, & eccentricity ... In short, they like the unpredictable!

But is South Beach ready for this?

It will be when it sees it, because NERVE is about to provide an overdose of all of the above: yes, salmon sofas covered in caviar with midgets in gas masks and all the other good things that life has to offer!

NERVE is not about the traditional white walls and white beds featured in all those exclusive establishments where everybody goes.

NERVE is about overlapping different tribes creating a friction that produces splendid social energy. Different crowds that feed on each others uniqueness. Yes, this is actually a lot of FUN! It's a forgotten art form much used in those legendary NYC clubs from way back when clubs like Danceteria and Area, ruled the earth...

And talking about Area (the club that used to undergo a radical change of decor every 2 months) NERVE will do a complete makeover and feature a different theme several times a year, so that jaded night clubbers can look forward to a sense of displacement every time they come. Yes, let us throw a Benefit Party for the Displaced Populations of the Night! Cool, huh? So, on one occasion the club will look like Barbie land, and the next time the theme would be Dr. Calgary, with tilted walls and scary walking wounded and so on. We guarantee that it may amuse even the most lethargic slouches of Palm Beach's upper crust.

Oh, and the music: figments of high-energy old school bass beat intertwined with pixels of electro clash revisionism. Well, just come and listen to it and then you get the idea. And if not, you are going to have a good time regardless.

So, in a Nutshell:

WHAT: Social Surface. Decor Changes all the Time. It should be fun if you are there.

WHEN: Opening when we are ready, sometime in March

WHERE: Cool address: 247 23rd Street in Sobe, Miami. Tel 305 695 8697

WHO: Club legend Rudolf, DJ extraordinaire Michael Storms and Real Estate Mogul Mario Sopena. A wonderful combination of character and pizzazz. Nervy dudes, that is for sure! Also keep a look out for local icons Mark Leventhal, Carmel Ophir, & DJ Roman Ricardo (tunnel, roxy, 1018, paradise garage, etc.)

Plus much more name dropping to follow soon

WHY: Because we are just evil, that is why. And besides, we just got bored with most other clubs.

Well, that is about it.

We though you oughta know.

If you want more info, contact us.

R U D O L F & MICHAEL

305 695 8697

E-mail – NerveMiami@aol.com

i never heard of these guys, and i have partied in nyc for the last 11 years. by the way, roxy and 1018 are the same club. in fact, roxy is on 10 ave and 18 street. it's funny how every washed up dj and promoter from nyc head to other area's and claim they were big time in nyc. if they were, they would still be here.

Wow, thanks for the info, I think went you meant to say was gene denio owned the club for the last 15 years (give or take) and before that Steve hano owned the club and before that a guy named butler owned the club (butler aviation)...so the club was the roxy, than 1018, than back to the roxy and yes it is on the corner of 10th & 18 street I think its 515w 18th street....

As far as the statement that you don't know any of these guys and you partied in ny for the last 11 years...really what can I say, Rudolf is one of the biggest icons in the club business, he owned & or ran some of the most famous clubs in nyc such as danceteria, mars, tunnel, palladium, studio 54 etc. (if you would like I can post the "cross section" that this clubs are located to help you jar your memory for the last 11 years)

As far as roman goes he was the dj at everyone of these clubs and in reference to the roxy and your specific comment, he was the sat night dj for 5 years strait every sat night, and than when the roxy turned into 1018 he was the dj for another 3- 5 years (every sat night). Than at the tunnel he was the dj EVERY SAT NIGHT PLUS HE WAS LIVE ON THE RADIO so what can I say other than the clubs are either much better on the INSIDE rather than plotting out street corners or if you were in the inside of the club unless you were in a NEACK BRACE FOR 11 YEARS you might have tried tuning your head just a tad, I if you had guess what you would have seen in the dj booth roman... as far as Michael storms goes, again he has had every major sat night residency in the sobe, Crobar, level, space etc......

Thanks for the post, you sound like you have been really on the pulse of the NY club scene in the last 11 years..........

Oh, before I forget when you drive by NERVE its located at 247 23rd street, just in case you need to make a post 11 years from now.

Thanks for the input and we hope to see you on the inside of the club this time!

Nerve

Originally posted by cq29

i never heard of these guys, and i have partied in nyc for the last 11 years. by the way, roxy and 1018 are the same club. in fact, roxy is on 10 ave and 18 street. it's funny how every washed up dj and promoter from nyc head to other area's and claim they were big time in nyc. if they were, they would still be here.

11 years? Danceteria and Palladium (it's best years) were obviously before your time. Since I'm probably and unfortunately one of the oldest guys on this board (34), and have spent most of my "childhood" at Area, Danceteria and Palladium, I can tell you Roman was a great DJ at during a time when DJs were not catapulted to superstardom and celebrity status like they are today. DJs did not get as much press back then as they do now. That's why people like you may not have heard of him.

That being said, I have not heard him spin in about ten years, so it would be interesting to see how he has developed over the decade.

Wow, thanks for the info, I think went you meant to say was gene denio owned the club for the last 15 years (give or take) and before that Steve hano owned the club and before that a guy named butler owned the club (butler aviation)...so the club was the roxy, than 1018, than back to the roxy and yes it is on the corner of 10th & 18 street I think its 515w 18th street....

As far as the statement that you don't know any of these guys and you partied in ny for the last 11 years...really what can I say, Rudolf is one of the biggest icons in the club business, he owned & or ran some of the most famous clubs in nyc such as danceteria, mars, tunnel, palladium, studio 54 etc. (if you would like I can post the "cross section" that this clubs are located to help you jar your memory for the last 11 years)

As far as roman goes he was the dj at everyone of these clubs and in reference to the roxy and your specific comment, he was the sat night dj for 5 years strait every sat night, and than when the roxy turned into 1018 he was the dj for another 3- 5 years (every sat night). Than at the tunnel he was the dj EVERY SAT NIGHT PLUS HE WAS LIVE ON THE RADIO so what can I say other than the clubs are either much better on the INSIDE rather than plotting out street corners or if you were in the inside of the club unless you were in a NEACK BRACE FOR 11 YEARS you might have tried tuning your head just a tad, I if you had guess what you would have seen in the dj booth roman... as far as Michael storms goes, again he has had every major sat night residency in the sobe, Crobar, level, space etc......

Thanks for the post, you sound like you have been really on the pulse of the NY club scene in the last 11 years..........

Oh, before I forget when you drive by NERVE its located at 247 23rd street, just in case you need to make a post 11 years from now.

Thanks for the input and we hope to see you on the inside of the club this time!

Nerve

I met Rudolph at Billboard Live, cool kat...I have never met Roman, but I tried his lettuce...great for Caesar salad! :rolleyes:

You all have impressive resumes & are really great at name dropping. i have one question. what have you done lately?

gimmicks burn out quick & the past doesn't have much relavance to what is happening now. especially in miami when every one is transient & has such a short attention span.

you are only at good as your last party.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what Roman and Michael have been up to, but Rodolphe was one of the primary movers over at Billboard, but due to them not listening to him, he left. Since then he's thrown many good independet parties and gotten a lot of press...on his reputation alone, Nerve would do well. Adding Storms brings musical knowledge to the table, and the investor guy from Lauderdale brings business sense.

Someone else made a good point, 10-15 years ago, DJs weren't superstars like they are today. Sure, you had Larry Levan and Frankie, but they were exceptions to the rule, most DJs were 'that guy in the booth', whom no one really had a clue about, outside of a few dedicated fans, most of whom are DJs today :) So for me not to have heard of Roman, it's not surprising because of that, and also the fact that when he was playing a lot I was like eight years old!

in reply to roxy not having vips, maybe grace jones andy warhol,

cher, madonna,rosa blue, steve greenberg,keith haring, david letterman, john belushi, dan acroyd, stephen saban, rus buckingham, richard long, monica lynch, all les artists and all music industry people are not vips then who is? you ve got nerve:laugh:

I agree 100% with POD, DJ’s are Super Stars in today’s world. Before people would go pack arenas just to see and rock band or singer. Now you got people packing arenas just to see some guy/girl spinning records. I think its amazing how one person can get a crowd going with out saying one word.

Good DJ: The ability to control a crowd with the use of music and mixing techniques. The ability to express a thought or feeling thru this music.

Ultra 5 is an example of this power.

Also DJ's back in the day were not making 9% of the money the are making now per event.

:screwy::deal::phone:

:tank:

Be smart, drive a tank!

Eddie

GrooveMiami.com

DJSATWORK.FM

info@groovemiami.com

Originally posted by musicislife

You all have impressive resumes & are really great at name dropping. i have one question. what have you done lately?

gimmicks burn out quick & the past doesn't have much relavance to what is happening now. especially in miami when every one is transient & has such a short attention span.

you are only at good as your last party.:rolleyes:

:eek:

Brave to challange...

I saw DJ Stormes on new years at a up class party and he was good. A lil too mellow for may taste. I fall more into the HARD/Mellow trance, DJ mind-X, Jules, PV-D.

:hat:

re: storms DJ new years eve,

i spoke to Michael since I'm trying to get answers to each and every post

re: club nerve

the answer to the new years eve party is that it was an "upscale" house party for lance - pretty much there was the entire A-list of people in Miami, but at the end of the day it was a house party and you have to accommodate everyone's taste, so it definitely was not a "club atmosphere" he had to play a little of this and a little of that. basically its called "programming" you can't go to a house party and start playing like space.....

anyway when he needs to play hard he can play very hard, otherwise I'm sure Louis would not have hired him as the very first DJ for "space after hours"

when Michael started at space Louis was doing 200 people, 6 weeks later after Michael started they were up to 1,500 people "afterhours", that's when Louis put ivanno outside and than opened the patio (no one was out there at all) and it took ivanno several months of hard work to develop the patio area (which he does a great job out there) also do to the massive crowds Louis than hired Edgar v for the blue room, he also did a great job, than the place started to get a little ugly "after hours" (crowd wise and they were going for the masses, so Michael moved on and left space.

any way thanks for the post

nerve

Nerve

NerveMiami@aol.com

Originally posted by funketeer

I have never met Roman, but I tried his lettuce...great for Caesar salad! :rolleyes:

LOL! You kill me Funk!!!!

Originally posted by macboy

Since I'm probably and unfortunately one of the oldest guys on this board (34), and have spent most of my "childhood" at Area,

Dude, (or Mr. Dude becasue your old), BOW DOWN TO YOUR ELDERS! Guyman is the old man on the boards! 36.

re: storms DJ new years eve,

i spoke to Michael since I'm trying to get answers to each and every post

re: club nerve

This is exactly why I'm excited about your club. You guys seem to be doing it right and your are actually exchanging ideas with future customers. Good for you!

I think south fla got great talent goin on maybe because i live in nyc i appreciate it more cause we dont have any euro-stlye trance djs its all house or tech ...You gotta give credit to GA for bringin that stlye to south beach and throwing his own american stlye into it he was revolutionary in shadow because no one in america was spinning like that and you had a great amount of talent come out Edgar V, Oscar,Eddie G, Roland, who i think are still on top of there game and are in no ways boring!! Its great to offer an altrnative something new but dont slag on the great talent down there but saying its old and boring that will get you no where ....But like i said i live in nyc if i lived in fla and been goin out since 94 or 95 like here in nyc i might be bored as well...thats how i feel about nyc now..Pepple get jaded when they live and chill in the same area for years its normal and natural ....Unless... the music is amazing ... Most of the djs i mentioned above are foriegn to the ears of new yorkers and most people here in ny listen to local people and as long as the scene stays undergound that will allways keep djs hungry and innovative when there treated like rock stars and the mainstream press grabs a hold of any scene it gets destroyed Most people in the mainstream dont know who the fuck GA is or who Tenaglia is..all they know is moby,dirty vegas and chemical bros...if this ny 80"s revisionary stuff flys down there you better have some real innovative fresh new sounds thats gonna compete with these guys blow people away or you will fail Because it still has taken nyc by storm yet and it is contained in brooklyn still and that scene is fading mighty fast!!! people here still favor DT,Tsettos,Boris,Junior,Peters,/Shawn Ink,Ojeda, cleveland,richie rydell, over the 80"s revisionary stuff