Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MIGS REVIEW... Anyone, Anyone...????

vaughanz

Hey Vaughan! I was wondering where you were!

I got to the club around 12:30am - DHM were in full force - the dancefloor was CROWDED!!! I knew it was going to be a good night! Migs didn't go on until after 2am - I saw when he came in, but wasn't on the dancefloor when he started spinning. He played some really nice groovy stuff - dubby vocals - his signature style! He surprised me when he went into some Soulfuric tracks ("The Best Part" - Solid Gold Playaz, and later "So Right" - Jetlag)

AND!!!! He played my track of the moment - Lone Cat (Ben Watt!!)!! Wonderful!

He wasn't on for long - I noticed DHM were back on around 4am! I found out later Migs was very ill but wanted to play anyway - talk about dedication!

I had a great night - DHM were in top form as usual. It's only my second time hearing Migs, but I loved his set.

BTW, Vaughan, what was the name of that Groove Armada track you played on Friday - during the time that freak was unplugging the turntable!! Very groovy track! I NEED IT!! :-)

Dennis.

Originally posted by psboyuk

He surprised me when he went into some Soulfuric tracks ("The Best Part" - Solid Gold Playaz, and later "So Right" - Jetlag)

AND!!!! He played my track of the moment - Lone Cat (Ben Watt!!)!! Wonderful!

I can't believe I missed it, didn't get out of the Bulldog till 3.30. Yeah Migs and Jay J just licensed both those track from us for the West Coast Sessions on Defected and also Find A Friend.

Lonecat definately my fav. track at the moment too.

I got together with some friends at my friend Fonola's place and downed some tequilas, then headed to Paco's Tavern (Funketeer's Saturday Reggae Warm Up Joint) and then went to visit a friend who was inaugurating a club @ Key Biscayne (Free Drinks All Night)...then headed to Maze @ around 2:30am (I think)...walked in, saw some familiar faces, then it was off to the dancefloor...Miggs had it going on! I danced my ass off and had a great time...the place was decently packed...lots of hoochie mamas in the house :eek:

Time flew and before I knew it the party was over...great to hear some New Order in the mix...I really enjoyed that...I give this guy an A+

peace

Funk :cool:

ps. good to see ya, you know who youy are ;)

Migs was great, but the night belonged to DHM our hometown boys put on a show that included some serious house music. :)

Really happy with last night's set. Keep it up guys!

Thanks to Joe and Tomas for putting on a great event.

It really is all about DHM.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Originally posted by rcrespo

Migs was great, but the night belonged to DHM our hometown boys put on a show that included some serious house music. :)

Really happy with last night's set. Keep it up guys!

Thanks to Joe and Tomas for putting on a great event.

It really is all about DHM.

agreed, it was all about DHM last night :aright:

Was there from midnight until 4. Had a great time. Simple as that. For me it wouldn't have made a difference if Migs' set lasted any longer, because I don't have the strength these days to stay out any later than when he was on. So between DHM and Migs, it was a fantastic night. Looking forward to his return for WMC.

:) Firsly mad props to all of you that packed the place with such an amazing vibe. The body jackers were in full force. Fierce party. I have not felt a vibe like that since fish go deep. And speking of deep. Damn, DHM rocked that muther fucker. Holy shit were the boys great. You know we bring talent in alot and I can DHM, world class!!!!

Props to Miguel Migs as well. 102 degree fever. We even had to have a nurse come and give him a shot in the dj booth (yes in his butt ladies). That's dedication. Miguel, Thank you. You did not have to play but you said you couldn't let Miami down. You didn't, big up!!

So, in closing, I thank you all for such an amazing night. Your support is most appreciated.

Also, we value your opinion. Maze is a new spot and we know there are things they still need to get together. please e mail me directly and tell me what you like and don't like about our new spot at Maze. e mail me at joebudi@hotmail.com

Peace to you all

Joe Budious

Aquabooty

saturday nights

dhm were definitely tops saturday night. i remember someone asking me, man when is migs coming on? i was like, i don't care. they definitely brought their a game.

only downer of the night was the heat in that place. i don't know if they need a better ac system or they just need to turn it on earlier in the afternoon, but it was an oven.

and good seein u out merly. :)

all we have to say is, damn! that came out of nowhere. actually when we realized it was best for miguel not to continue, we went home and got records and got back on at 4am. so thanks for staying late. whoever mentioned the warehouse parties is right, it felt like one of those parties. thanks for feeling the music, it makes it so much easier to play good music. thanks to tom and joe for making it happen and miguel for being a true gentleman.

whoever can make it out on tuesdays to blue (DOUBLE JOINTED), we are starting a downtempo/lounge night. no specific format, just anything under 110bpm. we'll have occasional guests. we've already spoken with frank and he'll be passing by one of these tuesdays. no cover. $3 kettle one's all night. stop by and relax for a while.

and we'll see you every saturday at maze.

peace and support great music

dhm

dhm@dhmonline.net for mail list/guestlists

I had an awesome night and I do agree with dhm totally owning the night....but then again they never disappoint me:D

I thought it was super cool of Migs to show up even though he was sick.....I can't wait to hear him at WMC:)

Nice seeing everybody...I love you guys! ;)

Barb and Chris....we missed you guys! :(