Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fitty cent - get rich or die tryin

joeg

well ghost... you were right... this shit is pretty tight... don't know why i waited till now to get it... i could have d/l like a month and a half ago.... but i'm glad i finally did...

heat's pretty phat, he made a beat out of pump'in & shootin a shotgun...

I havent gone out and bought an entire album in about 2 years, for a few reasons. Mainly because I used to get disgusted when I would spend 18-25 bucks for a CD of 15-20 boring songs, and only 2-3 good ones. That all ended this past Thursday when 50's album came out. That was the first full length CD I've gone out and bought in about 2 years, like I said. And man was it worth it. If you like hip-hop, you won't find one song on this CD thats not good. Dre & Eminem have done it again!

Shady/Aftermath have the rap industry on lock right now...first off they have the hottest thing out on the streets, 50 Cent...the best producer out there,Dre...and the white boy with the illest flow, Slim...cant go wrong with that triple threat match....in the new source they have an article on the new rappers comin' up with Aftermath and by the looks of them there pretty tight too...

Originally posted by reddog4063

Thats already been done.....Tupac did it for a duet with Bone Thugz-N-Harmony like 7 or 8 years ago...

yeah, its definately nothing new... but it was still pretty phat...

original ideas are rare these days...

and the numbers are in--

His album sales for Thursday thru Sunday

My prediction is that he hits platinum by thursday. I dont remember the numbers but i know NSync and Garth Brooks had some records for 1 weeks sales but I can never remember someone goin plat in a week....

who said hip hop hasnt gone mainstream?

:rock:

Mike Bugout

he's hit or miss IMO. Some of his shit is fucking nasty, some is just rediculously stupid...ex, the worst rap line ever at the beginning of 'patiently waiting'

"i grew up without my pops

should that make me bitter?

i caught cases i copped out, does that make me a quitter?

in this white mans world, im similar to a squirrel"

Ha, you have to hear his delivery to understand HOW bad it is. The rest of the rest of the song is tight, Eminem steals it though.

Also, I heard him perform live on Hot97 last night, and he was HORRIBLE. No flow, no energy, and he mumbles his lines. They had to have a recording finish all his lines for him, cause he just couldn't say his lines fast enough to keep up with the beat.

Like I said, he's hit or miss I think.

Originally posted by zeeker

he's hit or miss IMO. Some of his shit is fucking nasty, some is just rediculously stupid...ex, the worst rap line ever at the beginning of 'patiently waiting'

"i grew up without my pops

should that make me bitter?

i caught cases i copped out, does that make me a quitter?

in this white mans world, im similar to a squirrel"

Ha, you have to hear his delivery to understand HOW bad it is. The rest of the rest of the song is tight, Eminem steals it though.

Also, I heard him perform live on Hot97 last night, and he was HORRIBLE. No flow, no energy, and he mumbles his lines. They had to have a recording finish all his lines for him, cause he just couldn't say his lines fast enough to keep up with the beat.

Like I said, he's hit or miss I think.

He's actually good live...the CD has a DVD that came with it and his performances were good, he's got a good stage prescence. Not as commanding as say DMX back from his first two albums dropped, in fact theres a lot of better performers than 50 but he just started also, he's gonna get better that more shows he does. Just wait til this summer when Em, Dre and 50 go on tour...it's gonna be a wrap! Stadiums without a doubt.

Originally posted by bleachblond420

in fact theres a lot of better performers than 50 but he just started also, he's gonna get better that more shows he does. Just wait til this summer when Em, Dre and 50 go on tour...it's gonna be a wrap! Stadiums without a doubt.

actually...50 has been at it for quite a number of years...he's pretty much the "underground legend" in NYC....he has'nt done big venues...but i'm pretty he's nothing of an amature when it comes to doing shows and handling the industry...

but i do agree with Zeeker....50 Cent is pretty much a hit or miss with his album...i don't get it...he'll have a song where he'll spit some raw shit where his flow is very tight and his delivery is strong...and then he'll come with some wack shit where he just mumbles like he has nothing interesting to spit about....i dunno....before he got shot...he had one of the best deliveries in the game....but i dunno...good luck to him anyway

NAS is still the king!:)

Buggout raises a good point. Even after all the bootlegging, and downloading of this guy's music....he still sells over 800,000 copies of his CD is like 5 days. That in-freakin-credible. That just goes to show the RIA and these lazy, spoiled artists of today that if they put some heart and effort into the work like 50 has, instead of being whiny bitches and expecting everything to be handed to them....ok sorry I got sidetracked there. Point is, as much as I hated hearing artists on those annoying radio and TV commercials that were anti-file sharing before, I'm gonna hate it even worse now. 50's hype got so big that his stuff was being downloaded and bootlegged like crazy, and he still sold that much that fast. I can even remember reading an article on MTV's website where he said he was so confident, he didn't care about bootleggers.

Originally posted by djmikebugout

and PS-- people thought downloading would kill this guys sales--

if downloads are so outta control why did 880,000 people so far go out and shell out 15 bucks each...?

food for thought

you bring up a great point, mike... this album has been on irc channels and soulseek and god knows where else for Atleast a month, maybe a little more... and it just hit stores last week... and sells 880k... to me, this is proof that the RIAA can take its sob story and tickle its prostate with it...

bottom line is this... if people like the artist and like the cd... they'll buy it... personally, i'm not spending $20/cd... especially when half the shit i have is only in my collection because i didn't have to pay for it (ie. it wasn't worth paying for) but i'll also say, i wouldn't have been exposed to so many different styles artists so quickly if it wasn't all at my fingertips for free when i was 14yrs old... 5 years later, i have something like 30gigs of music, ranging from every style and genre in existance... if i didn't feel like i was being reemed with cd prices, they'd probably be making a lot of money off me...

hehe... ok, enough of my RIAA rant... back to topic...

Brian: yeah, after hearing "wangsta" and "in da club" i didn't think i'd like this at all... in a previous thread, i had mentioned this and serge hooked me up with some shit to checkout that was a lot different... so i gave his cd a shot... glad i did... hes not my favorite artist or anything, but its definately something to keep in the collection...

Hell yea, 50 Cent is hot as Hell. I got it the first day it came out and had to go to 2 different stores because it was sold out. I just got done watching the DVD last night. He was shot 9 times and lived. DAMN that's some crazy shit. I love what he says about Ja Rule. I don't remember the words exactly but it's something like, " All you do is sing with hos and sound like Cookie Monster" LMAO :laugh: I almost pissed my pants when I heard that. I never noticed how much he sounds like Cookie Monster.

Fifty Cent is THE HOTTEST SHIT out right now!!!

Originally posted by djshaned

actually...50 has been at it for quite a number of years...he's pretty much the "underground legend" in NYC....

Not more of an underground legend then;

Non Phixion

Cage

The Smut Peddlers

D.I.T.C

Quasimoto

and my personal favorite (RIP)

BIG L!