Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can Somone Reccomend a Good DJ Software for my Laptop?

Originally posted by lucabrase

I am a beginner and I want to do some mixing from mp3's on my laptop. I have a pretty good laptop- Pentium 4, 256MB SDRAM. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Be a big boy and save the $1,000 and buy yerself 2 Technics 1200's and some wax.

Don't waste yer time with mp3's unless u plan on being the next big jersey club dj.

If you wanna get into something more creative check out Ableton Live...the software rocks...it's more for creating music outa loops but that's probably the next level you might wanna go after mixing mp3s.... really an awesome program....have fun tweaking :)

Originally posted by quoth

Be a big boy and save the $1,000 and buy yerself 2 Technics 1200's and some wax.

Don't waste yer time with mp3's unless u plan on being the next big jersey club dj.

Dude, get over yourself. I was looking to have a liitle fun in my apartment, not audition for Friday's at Centro Fly.

u might wanna try by 1st INVITING a girl to yer apartment.

You are such as asshole. Actually, my beautiful girlfriend is sitting right next to me. She too thinks your an asshole! Obviously, you have nothing better to do with yourself then talk shit on this message board. Over 6000 posts? Sounds like you must have a real active social life.!

Actually, my beautiful girlfriend is sitting right next to me. Sounds like you must have a real active social life.!

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black? :idea:

("i'll just sit here with my girl and actually argue with this asshole Quoth on a messageboard rather than to just ignore him and go fuck my girlfriend or something)

You are such as asshole. Actually, my beautiful girlfriend is sitting right next to me. She too thinks your an asshole! Obviously, you have nothing better to do with yourself then talk shit on this message board. Over 6000 posts? Sounds like you must have a real active social life.!

your girl didn't think I was an asshole after I was pummeling her from behind

Dude, get over yourself. I was looking to have a liitle fun in my apartment, not audition for Friday's at Centro Fly.

I can understand you point of view...

but you can see how a "real" DJ would be opposed to something like this..it threatens our livelyhood by flooding the Dj scene with imposters.

I think most "real" DJ's are opposed to software such as mixmiester just on that alone. It makes it too easy to cheat.

Perosonally Ive thought about using the software for making mixes for my car, due to my extreme lazyness in recording mixes, but thought better of it.

If you want to have some fun, get some cheap equipment (even if its only a cd player with pitch control) and you will learn a valuable skill. If you just want to just play on the computer, get Fruity Loops or ACID and make something original

Picking the songs and hitting the "MIX" button isnt really much fun, and I dont see any value in it at all.

i think this thread is better than the other one.

hahaha my fav part is this guy talking about his girlfriend sitting next to him

who are u kidding??????????????????????????????

there aint no girl there cept valerie, yer REALdoll®

This one is much funnier, but Ronin got involved in the other one, makes things intresting