someone will say shes hot

someone will say not

well has anyone see any of those documentaries or have read

on the theory of symmetry

and how it can relate to beauty in people as well

if so do u think its true?

i think so...

i need to find someone with supersymmetry

i actually read about the symmetry thing in one of my psychology classes in college...however, i just think everyone has their own taste and there is probably not a person in this world that everyone will have the same opinion of

no but there are people that no matter what the race - everyone will see as good looking.

Look at Antonio Sabato Jr , Halle Berry, J.Lo , Tyson Beckford and top supermodels -

These people's face can be approved as attractive no matter what their race is.

Infact - You know you are truly goodlookin when you can attract people of every race.

Good symetry/looks appeal to everyone no matter what the race.

Originally posted by dolcemimi

no but there are people that no matter what the race - everyone will see as good looking.

Look at Antonio Sabato Jr , Halle Berry, J.Lo , Tyson Beckford and top supermodels -

Infact - You know you are truly goodlookin when you can attract people of every race.

~~to go along with the topic the only one i find good looking in dolcemimi's list is antonio :drool: and yet i know a couple of (pathetic) girls who do not find him all that special..........so there will never be a person that EVERYONE finds attractive

Originally posted by sassa

no, i think it depends on your culture, your taste, your sexual orientation, etc....

yes all of those may be factors but it doesnt debunk the theory

the documentary on discovery was just amazing

and it showed how people like elizabeth taylor, halle barry, marilyn monroe, a bunch of others even though quite diff in backgrounds skin color, hair color, eye color

they all fit the image of beauty they created from vast research gathered from all over the globe

an image they sketched

damn im trying to describe what they did but i cant

anyways it was interesting...

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~to go along with the topic the only one i find good looking in dolcemimi's list is antonio :drool: and yet i know a couple of (pathetic) girls who do not find him all that special..........so there will never be a person that EVERYONE finds attractive

no one is saying that there will be a person everyone will find attractive

its more theoretical

what makes a person attractive?

for example you said antonio is good looking

why?

can it be because of his symmetry

what about pamela anderson?? i know blacks, whites, hispanics,asians etc who all think she's perfect. i like the fact she went back to natural breasts, but disgusted by the fact she now has hepatitis c. but nympho, see, thats the problem with theories. there never 100% on, otherwise, they'd be called facts. don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of psychology, and all it's theories, but what makes it difficult is that looks, personality etc is not something that can be meaured with intervals, so we're back to square one. personally speaking, i think the most attractive woman is sofia vergara, she for me defines perfection. she's prob dumb as they come, but heck, shes hot! btw, did anotinio sabato jr give up acting, or just no one wants to hire him?

Not true- you're looking at it solely from our cultural standpoint. Standards of beauty vary greatly across the globe- there's a certain culture that deems a woman unmarriagable if she doesnt' have something like five rolls of belly fat; also think of things such as foot binding, and the way certain tribes elongate the woman's neck.

"Beauty" is very culture-specific.

IDK about the symmetry theory, I've heard it before, but can't remember it very well.

She said " universal" not cultural.

Yea - different cultures value different things but - I think Nympho's askin about UNIVERSAL - a beauty trait that can trenscend all boundaries + culture.

And if you look at most famous faces of celebrities,models + etc-they have a general universal appeal.

She said " universal" not cultural.

Yea - different cultures value different things but - I think Nympho's askin about UNIVERSAL - a beauty trait that can trenscend all boundaries + culture.

And if you look at most famous faces of celebrities,models + etc-they have a general universal appeal.

Universal = across the globe. As I already illustrated in my last post, standards of beauty are *not* the same across the globe. You're only talking about that which is deemed beautiful in our culture.