Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my PvD experience

sauvee88

two thumbs down!!! Straight up!!

So I spend 3.5 hours outside waiting to get in and the firemarshall calls capacity. WTF!!!

There's like another 400 people in line with tickets and they close the club. Not sure if we're getting refunds or not... not sure what exactly is going on - how many people jumped in line ahead of us... nothing. All I know is after standing in the cold - with frozen feet cause I'm standing in snow puddles - I'm 30 people from the door and they call it off??!?!?! People are piling out of the place and they will not let any one else in.

Remeber Carol Cox at Buzz?? Well this was similar - one line everyone in it - people with tickets and people without tickets... They started kicking people without tickets out of line around 2... then they close it. Oh MAN I'm pissed. Nothing can explain the anger I have right now. I got my ticket over a month ago and I can't get in?? That's just wrong.

So Gina is trying to listen in on a cell phone right now and I'm waiting for Danny Howells...

What a night.

Correction - tini got talked into going back and trying one last time - which means I had to get out of bed/stop posting and get dressed again. Long story short - we got in at 5. Most expensive $20 an hour show I ever saw.

But hey - atleast he dropped Goreki at 6:30 and tini went NUTS!!! Now I've had my 6 hours of sleep and got a voucher to see DH for $15 - Best damn deal around!!!

I'm sure tini will post much more about it later.

So Sauvee did a pretty good job of filling you guys in on the shitty events that transpired last night. As you can imagine, the minute they said we weren't allowed in anymore I started to get upset. I couldn't believe it! All these months of waiting and anticipating this night and I was getting turned away when there were only 20 people in front of me? I did a good job of hiding my feelings for about 20 minutes but then I could feel the angry tears starting to well up inside me. You guys know I NEVER get angry so I was pretty upset.

We got back to Eric's and I had pretty much accepted that my favorite dj was spinning in town and I wasn't going to be able to see him. Before sinking into bed, I remembered I hadn't called my friends who were already inside (hours before us) to tell them that I wouldn't be able to make it. I thought I'd just leave a message. Who's gonna hear their phone in there?? Well my friend answered his phone! He asked where I was and I broke down again telling him that we couldn't get into the club. I just wanted to listen to part of PvD's set via cell phone. I'd take anything at this point. I listened for a while and then I couldn't take it anymore. It was killing me that he was spinning and I couldn't be there! So I told my friend to call me back if he dropped Another Way (my favorite PvD track). He told me he would but before I got off the phone a few people wanted to talk to me. I could hear my friends screaming "we love you! we miss you so much! please please try again to get into the club!"

One of them said "You have nothing to lose. One hour of PvD is better than no PvD" I told him I'd call him back and I begged Eric to accompany me back to Roxy. This was around 4:30 am. I figured I had at least 3 hours left of his set to enjoy. Sure enough, when we got to Roxy there were about 30 people standing around - kind of like at Crobar where you stand in a circle and hope the bouncers pick you to get in. I started to walk towards the bouncer to ask what was going on when I heard him say "these guys have confirmation numbers, let them through" I ran up to him and asked "Wait... if I have a ticket, can I get in?" He motioned for me to show him the ticket which I quickly whipped out. HE WAVED ME IN!!! I grabbed Eric and we proceeded to the security line. When we made it into the "main room" my friend was waiting for me with open arms right in the door way!

Hehe, such an emotional night for me. I'm so glad we went back. Eric - you fuckin' rock for entertaining my whim! You'll never know how much it means to me!

Nautilus - I finally found Ana at about 6:00 am. I was so happy to see her! :D

My whole night was made worth it the minute he dropped Gorecki. I'm pretty sure I started screaming "GORECKI! GORECKI!!! OH MY FUCKIN' GAWD GORECKI!" LOL A perfect moment indeed. I stayed till PvD dropped his final note at around 8:15 am.

Sorry this was so long and I'm probably not making any sense right now. The afterglow has not worn off :tongue: Thanks for reaching the end, if any of you did :D

Here's the tracklisting (pulled from EZDreamer)

John Askew - New Dimension

Blackeight - The Silence

Lustral - Broken (Pitch & Sulpher mix)

Viframa - Cristalle (Katana vs. Precision mix)

Hydra - Affinity

Max Walder - Crown

Ayumi Hamasaki - M (Above & Beyond typhoon dub)

Rapid Eye - Circa Forever (Iberia Mainroom mix)

David Forbes - Questions must be asked (PvD mix)

Sasha - Wavy Gravy (PvD remix)

Silvio Eomo - No Dip

Paul van Dyk vs BT - Flaming June

Solarstone - Solar Coaster (Midway mix)

Funktion - Seduction

Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (PvD Vocal mix)

Tillman Urmacher - On the run (Ocean to shore mix)

Ralphie B - Massive (PvD mix)

Junkie XL vs. Tiesto - Obsession (Filterheadz mix)

Paul van dyk - Step Right On 2003

Paul van dyk - Words 2003

Vincent & Quentin - Joyride (G&M project mix)

Masterclass - Requiem

Coldplay - Clocks (remix??)

Alanis Morissette - The Couch (PvD remix)

Sonorous - Protonic (Ronski Speed mix)

Prime Mover - The Weapon

Aly & Fila - Eyes Of Horus (Ronski Speed mix)

Freefall ft. Jan Johnston - Skydive

P.O.S - Remember

Chromedioxide - Man of god

Paul van Dyk - Face to face (Piano mix)

Paul van Dyk - For an angel (New remix)

Solar 7 - Hard Spectrum (Snowhite mix)

3 Fingers - Frozen February

Aalto - Liquid Sleep

Klea - Tic Toc (PvD remix)

Antiloop - Trespasser (Robbie Rivera mix)

Marco V - Atlanta 2002

Nu Nrg - Butterfly :love2:

Junkie XL - Check Your Basci Groove (Sander Kleinenberg remix)

Filterheadz - Protection

Grayarea - One For The Road (Gabriel and Dresden remix)

Lamb - Gorecki (Bill Hamel mix) :love2: :love2: :love2:

Three Drives - Carerra 2 (NU NRg mix)

Solid Sleep - Club Attack (PVD mix)

Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown

Alternate - Alternate (Mr. Raw mix)

The Matrix - Protect the Innocent

I - Ching - The Forgotten Dream

Midtone - Pearl :love2: :love2:

Luc Poublon - Quantum Leap

Circ - Destroy she said (Denotis mix)

Midway - Inca

Paul Van Dyk - Nothing But You :love2: :love2:

Polaris - Inspect Her Gadget (Ripple driver mix)

Yeah, that's some seriously f*cked up shit..

I hear they are working on refunds/make-ups for those who weren't able to get in.. I'm sure they won't try to screw people like this, coz that would cause all hell to break loose (people are pissed off enough about this)..

But again, no surprise, considering what happened in RI.. NYFD had to do something and of course Roxy and other places oversold the tickets by probably 3 times the capacity :rolleyes: Oh well.... I guess I was lucky to be sick at home, caughing and sneezing my brains out..

Originally posted by nourishment

I wish I had time to check up on this myself, but just out of curiosity, do the websites for the Roxy and PvD have anything to say about this situation and how it was handled?

Made's website says you can get a refund or the ticket will be valid on a makeup date. Rumors are flying that Friday was the first night of a bi-monthly residency :love2::bounce: He's suppose to be back in April.

No explaination as to what happened though.

only other thing that i heard is that if you bought the tix at satelite records in NY they will give you a refund, havent seen anything on how they will handle internet orders.

at this rate i want my $ back, with the way they handled the crowd on friday, i aint going back to the roxy for quite some time.

i would only go back if they had some mean tribal line up there...maybe over the summer. i'll see what happens next time, like if they pull this shit again then i would just have to go see pvd somewhere else, if they get their act together then i'll go over the summer.