Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wEBSTER hALL WAS SO BUSY LAST NIGHT

THEY WERE SO CROWDED THAT THEY HAD TO CLOSE THE DOORS @ 130AM UNTIL PEOPLE LEFT. THEY REOPENED THE DOOR AT 230 AM. I WAS IN LINE WITH ABOUT 1,000 PEOPLE. WHEN I GOT IN IT WAS AWESOME. YO I SAW SO MANY FACTORY PEOPLE THERE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO.

Originally posted by magoo7d

THEY WERE SO CROWDED THAT THEY HAD TO CLOSE THE DOORS @ 130AM UNTIL PEOPLE LEFT. THEY REOPENED THE DOOR AT 230 AM. I WAS IN LINE WITH ABOUT 1,000 PEOPLE. WHEN I GOT IN IT WAS AWESOME. YO I SAW SO MANY FACTORY PEOPLE THERE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO.

capslock.gif

Barnes performed the track "In my head" around 2:45. I was suprised the response the Webster Hall crowd gave them. It was as if the people there new about dance music. I have to give props to Ricky Corbo.l He is a very good DJ. I bought a bottle in there new VIP room. Very cool room. The club was busy until around 6am well that's when I left.

i was on my way to another place, and when i walked by around 1ish, there were a ton of people outside. never actually been there, i tried once with some free pass bullshit but it was after 12 or something so didn't go in because i heard mixed reviews about webster and didn't feel like spending $30 to get in. what do all you guys think about this place? im thinking i should give it a go sometime.

Why does every single person who posts about WH leave their caps lock on. Jeez, it's like they put this special drug in their drinks which cause caps lock syndrom. Let's call it CLS.

Thats funny, there were 1000 people outside of Roxy Friday night for PVD.... I guess everyone sure loves Corbo eigh??

Glad to hear you had a good time, did they give out free deoderant?

yeah i also met sme factoy heads it seems im meeting one everweek sine RICK CORBO has been back. And everytime i talk to the factory people there suprised at rick tracks selections. Last week was more crowded though. Cant wait ill next week. IM always in thier on sat nihts with RICK CORBO.

Originally posted by silverbull

Last week was more crowded though. Cant wait ill next week. IM always in thier on sat nihts with RICK CORBO.

thats because last week factory was closed, so even more factory heads were there. With SF back open this weekend, a lot returned...I was impressed with Corbo, but for the most part the crowd at WH is still real tourist, and i just never feel like the place really has any vibe to it...

yeah its full of tourist but as you said the music is good. RICK plays a good set everyweek For the lat 4yrs no ive been there form 10pm til 6am on sat nights. WEBSTERHALLoesnt ahve thevbe of lets say ARC but theres a simple answer why. the people on this board dont go to checkit out constantly and make the vibe, besies like me and my LIL CREW and a few other people ho know about music there aint uich of a vibe there. Especioallly since everybody is almost gettin laid. The best example is this allyou factory heads should keep shwing up then everyweek and along withthe other peopl who are thier for th music the vibe wil grow. RICKS sets are neve dissapointing its the crowd that makes it look bad. Hey im not tlling ya to abondon factory just checek it out on sat and stay til like 4 or 6if ya can,ol nd thenog to factroy, but hear ick form beginig and then see how it goes from there. The most i ever seen websterhall packed besides new uyrs eve 2000-2001 was on sept27 2002 rick had the whole crowd goin until 630ish. Hey the crwod makes the vibe so if the music i good come on down adn enjoy.

Originally posted by magoo7d

Check it out bro you wont be disapointed. There wasn't a huge line outside because it sucks. Ricky Corbo is the man.

. . Didn't you just tell us that you were in a line with about a thousand people? . . you know how long that line would be ace? . . I really don't think Webster Hall can pull that kind of demand, idiot clubbers glaore or not ..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Didn't you just tell us that you were in a line with about a thousand people? . . you know how long that line would be ace? . . I really don't think Webster Hall can pull that kind of demand, idiot clubbers glaore or not ..

I don't think thousands of people came out to hear Ricky Corbo. Sorry dude, don't mean to burst your bubble. He isn't exactly a well known international DJ. In my opinion a superstar DJ will attract more people than Corbo. How come there werent thousands of people there at Howells(not saying he is a superstar worldwide DJ, but close enough)?? WH fans don't come for the music.

Me and my small crew of about 20 people do. Its all about rick and music we dont pay mind to the other stuff. And a few of ya should go its big enough to house a lot of people. SO why not show up. I though all you people are in this for the music. Who cares if its a tourist trrap lik ya say. The more club people go the more vibe it will get. If a "superstar dj" goes there why woud any one of you go their when ya saying the place sukcs, that night its still gonna be full of tourist. All the factory people i meet keep saying they like ricky. But its the cowd that makes them feel funny. But the music gets no complaints.

I must agree that WH is a touristy venue. I never, ever stepped foot into that club before Ricky Corbo. I found no reason to. I always checked out guys like Louie Vega, Kenny, Jonathan, Roger, Boris.... I'm from the old school - back in the day. But, when Ricky came around - I was very impressed. His selection and vibe that he brings to the Ballroom is unsurpassed. Maybe 1000 people weren't on line... but, I will tell you that since he's been back - Webster is seeing the bling, bling. Goers do go to see and hear Ricky primarily; not Webster. I went there a couple of times when they tried some new guys and Jesus - that was a disaster. The music sucked and literally, there was no crowd. Obviously, even tourists were smart enough not to waste their time.

But, you should go and check out Ricky on a Saturday night. He will definitely surprise you. He may not be a "SUPERSTAR" -- YET.... Great things take time. You will not be disappointed. I PROMISE. :eek:

yeah its full of tourist but as you said the music is good. RICK plays a good set everyweek For the lat 4yrs no ive been there form 10pm til 6am on sat nights. WEBSTERHALLoesnt ahve thevbe of lets say ARC but theres a simple answer why. the people on this board dont go to checkit out constantly and make the vibe, besies like me and my LIL CREW and a few other people ho know about music there aint uich of a vibe there. Especioallly since everybody is almost gettin laid. The best example is this allyou factory heads should keep shwing up then everyweek and along withthe other peopl who are thier for th music the vibe wil grow. RICKS sets are neve dissapointing its the crowd that makes it look bad. Hey im not tlling ya to abondon factory just checek it out on sat and stay til like 4 or 6if ya can,ol nd thenog to factroy, but hear ick form beginig and then see how it goes from there. The most i ever seen websterhall packed besides new uyrs eve 2000-2001 was on sept27 2002 rick had the whole crowd goin until 630ish. Hey the crwod makes the vibe so if the music i good come on down adn enjoy.

Holy shit.. i just lost 350 brain cells reading this shit. damn

Hooked on phonics bro

And webster hall really sux, the one time i went there. never again.

Websterhall = non-new yorkers

You can't spell for shit. Or you got to proof read before you post.

Ignorant people seem to be the majority of people on this board. And young as well. YO vizualbyte where your from, IM FROM BROOKLYN its part of nyc and so are the rest of my friends. Does it really matter if i cant spell d you think igive a shit abotmy grammar in this bard with ya. PLease. Nothin better to do todayhuh guys. aNd when did you go last to websterhall. HOUSEDOG i dont care.

Well I am not young. I am 32 years old and from Jersey City and it is a part of Jersey. I have friends from all over even from the BK so HA. If you are going to contribute to the borad at least know how to type. The only reason I give a shit is because if i am intrested in read something it doesnt look like this. Again you cant spell for shit. I havent been to webster hall since 1996. SUcked then when the clubs were really good. How good can it be now when the clubs are eh?

If mine looks messed up is because :bong:

Ignorant people seem to be the majority of people on this board. And young as well. YO vizualbyte where your from, IM FROM BROOKLYN its part of nyc and so are the rest of my friends. Does it really matter if i cant spell d you think igive a shit abotmy grammar in this bard with ya. PLease. Nothin better to do todayhuh guys. aNd when did you go last to websterhall. HOUSEDOG i dont care.