Clubplanet Nightlife Community

<<<tyler Stadius @ Maze>>>

eddyguerra305

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Stadius cleared the place! several reasons why the night didnt go as everyone expected : guy b4 him banged it out too hard, people are used to hearing prog, or tribal , I think Tyler is more suited to play a a smaller room it might have gone better if the guy playing at LIMEBAR would of opened up for him. Miami still has a long way to go as far as diversifying its tastes. Just goes to show you anyone playing at FABRIC will not always get a warm welcome here. Sure there were people there that specifically came for him and had a good time but the majority got got bored and went some where else

Originally posted by telex

Tyler Stadius cleared the place! several reasons why the night didnt go as everyone expected : guy b4 him banged it out too hard, people are used to hearing prog, or tribal , I think Tyler is more suited to play a a smaller room it might have gone better if the guy playing at LIMEBAR would of opened up for him. Miami still has a long way to go as far as diversifying its tastes. Just goes to show you anyone playing at FABRIC will not always get a warm welcome here. Sure there were people there that specifically came for him and had a good time but the majority got got bored and went some where else

That’s truly sad!!! I don’t understand how something like this could happen? What is it that people in Miami do not understand? I’m not bashing anyone because a lot of you are good friends and I know you care about the scene…but for fucks sake, WAKE UP MIAMI!!! Do you guys understand what you have? A brand new club, modeled after one of the most legendary clubs in the world. Twilo! Not sure how many of you have ever been, but from what I know Maze is way bigger then it, but yet the vibe and support are probably equal to 1/10 of what Twilo had. Why? Seriously, what’s the deal…why the lack of support, the lack of interest…you’ve had some great talent come through the place in the first couple months of it being open, but yet it seems the bigger the name, the less the draw.

You had Tyler Stadius, (Fabric resident) to only be shut down at 3:30? Move him to Lime Bar, WTF??? This does not look good in the eyes of the DJ, and when that happens, you bet your money it will get back and people will not want to come through anymore. Sad, extremely sad. You have some of the most dedicated promoters trying to make a difference and yet it’s just one big flop after another. I’m not just saying this because I have anything to do with Modernism...because I am physically not in Miami to be doing this…but it makes it hard for anyone to want to continue bringing in talent, and even wasting their time when no one seems to care.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hear one bad thing after another happening in the Miami scene, don’t become the Alabama of the dance music industry!

-Lena

ok, i got there like at 11:40 or so and the opening dj, i guess it was sammy o?? dude was banging it then. now i don't know if this guy didn't have a clue who was coming on after him or what, but u don't bang it before an opener...much less before midnight.

last night was further proof that miami has NO clue about music. there are a select few that know what's up. and it's not the fact that tyler is better suited for a smaller venue. evidence by him opening up for lee and craig next weekend @ fabric. he played at the living room last time down here and there were less ppl then. then to clear the place out before 3:30? u paid the guy...let him finish his set for those that want to hear it. then the maze management doesn't let him on the dex at lime bar? what a joke. even the dj there, oscar fonseca i think (who is pretty good btw) wanted to hear him.

btw, tyler threw down a tight set! only played for like 2 hrs, but it was well worth it. this guy is class. shame he's not coming down for conference. standup guy too. super down. wish i would've had an afterhours for him to spin at!

Originally posted by lenan

That’s truly sad!!! I don’t understand how something like this could happen? What is it that people in Miami do not understand? I’m not bashing anyone because a lot of you are good friends and I know you care about the scene…but for fucks sake, WAKE UP MIAMI!!! Do you guys understand what you have? A brand new club, modeled after one of the most legendary clubs in the world. Twilo! Not sure how many of you have ever been, but from what I know Maze is way bigger then it, but yet the vibe and support are probably equal to 1/10 of what Twilo had. Why? Seriously, what’s the deal…why the lack of support, the lack of interest…you’ve had some great talent come through the place in the first couple months of it being open, but yet it seems the bigger the name, the less the draw.

You had Tyler Stadius, (Fabric resident) to only be shut down at 3:30? Move him to Lime Bar, WTF??? This does not look good in the eyes of the DJ, and when that happens, you bet your money it will get back and people will not want to come through anymore. Sad, extremely sad. You have some of the most dedicated promoters trying to make a difference and yet it’s just one big flop after another. I’m not just saying this because I have anything to do with Modernism...because I am physically not in Miami to be doing this…but it makes it hard for anyone to want to continue bringing in talent, and even wasting their time when no one seems to care.

Sorry for the rant, but I just hear one bad thing after another happening in the Miami scene, don’t become the Alabama of the dance music industry!

-Lena

I didn't go there, went to Crobar. But for some good reasons. I had a personal invitation to witness Edgar's first Crobar gig. And for last night, not the last.

Coming back to Maze, I have a few questions.

Who opened for him? Disrespectful and unprofessional if the guy banged too hard.

Think about this. All the investment made is good if you have money to invest. But:

1) Who is the manager at Maze?

2) Do they have a guy from the music industry running it?

3) Are the promoters the right promoters?

4) Is the crowd they attract a music crowd or vipish?

5) Will a crowd ever fill the dancefloor other than a Sobespots crowd? (Mr. Cs nite)

6) Who is their resident DJ?

Something is clear. There are two weekends left before WMC. Rain starts a house night on Friday March 7th. Nerve opens the following weekend the latest. Space 34 will try to reinvent their Fridays once they open. Crobar has regained their Friday strength. Spi has a great Friday next week with Conficios and Stryke and Sean B. And plus you have the Privees, the Opiums, the Mynts, the Tantras, the Pearls. Should I add Club Deep to the list? They surely make more money than Maze.:confused: :confused:

BTW, just read the lineup of Nerve. How come they can get Digweed and Maze can't? It has to do with believing in the people running the club. Because Last WMC Lola and Digweed had a close relation. Not the case now.

Come on people, add to this thoughts seriously not bashing for the sakes of just bashing.:cool:

Milano, maybe someone else who is better related to the club can shed some light on this, but like I said…right now I’m not physically there to experience all this, but I do hear everything that does happen. And quite frankly, it is very discouraging to say the least. :(

I warned Tyler on the way to Philly a couple of weeks ago. He heard of about the Paolo Mojo fiasco and I just wanted to give him a heads up that Miami isn't the easiest place to play at among other things...

Such a shame because he really is a fantastic dj and extremely humple person. No biggie though, he's touring all over europe which is why he won't be in Miami. At least there people will appreciate his sound and after what happened last night, do you blame the guy if he never wants to play in 'plastic city' again?