Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ladies...

lollib

Originally posted by lollib

Why is it that you can never get your hair to look like the way it does when you leave the salon? GRRR! I swear, got it cut last night, fixed it this morning and barely looks like how it did last night!

I actually like my hair better when I do it myself. Whenever I spend the money to get it blown out at the salon, it always looks to puffy and I hate it:afro:

My hair is short and choppy so when they do it, it looks so nice. I can never get it to look the same. Although my old hair guy would really give me puffy hair and it looked like a beehive- which is why I am going to someone new!

My best friend has hair like that, and she says the same thing..when she leaves the salon, it looks gorgeous, but for some reason, it never looks the same when she does it

You actually should have some session with your hairstylist on making your look just like how it looks when you leave the salon. Question your stylist on the products he/she uses, the tools, such as what type of brush an/or blowdryer, and have him/her instruct you step by step on how to recreate this look.

Why is it that you can never get your hair to look like the way it does when you leave the salon? GRRR! I swear, got it cut last night, fixed it this morning and barely looks like how it did last night!

I ahte that too :mad:

my hiar never looks as good as when I get it done :(

Tell them to cut it how YOU want it; if they cut and style, they always cut how it will look good only that day. Your hair will settle within a few days after a cut.

Also, use the same products and see from what angles they dry and style; this makes a difference

If you pay *close* (and I mean close) attention to what your hairdresser does (her exact motions w/ brushes, spray, dividing your hair in sections, etc) you will find that you actually *can* have the same hair.

I used to have a bob (like Catherine zeta-jones in chicago) 2 yrs ago, and every day people would comment how I looked like I just walked out of a salon because I followed every motion my hairdresser made.

Originally posted by psychosweetie

I actually like my hair better when I do it myself. Whenever I spend the money to get it blown out at the salon, it always looks to puffy and I hate it:afro:

:laugh: same with me, she makes me look like I have a bouffant or something, I guess bc I have really thick hair, but still yuck! I usually get it cut or highlighted or whatever, and walk out with a wet head! I feel like an asshole, but I'd much rather blowdry it myself!

Originally posted by Mystify22

:laugh: same with me, she makes me look like I have a bouffant or something, I guess bc I have really thick hair, but still yuck! I usually get it cut or highlighted or whatever, and walk out with a wet head! I feel like an asshole, but I'd much rather blowdry it myself!

the people at the salon i go to can make my hair look perfect. hehe.. i can pretty much control it lately but they can make it perfect anyday of the week. i have gone to other places where i came out with a afro though. i remember once my ex bf dropped me off at a place i had never been to and when he came back to get me my hair was like :afro: and he said i looked pretty hahahaha. it was cute because i obviously looked like a loser.

...that's a cute cut.......with ones like that......they tend to look like more work then the really are....depending on your hair type.....choose a pre-blow dry product.....a smoother if curly or wavy and prob a mouse if straight or thin...........blow it out obviously flipping it up....then all u gotta do is use hairspray and finger style it too look piecey........u could use a wax also...but be careful not to use too much....hairspray....if the right kind can really work wonders.......OSIS elastic is great....very workable...

...another great product...i would DEFINITELY recomend for that and MANY other styles.....is new...matrix..switch trix.....it's a gel/wax combo....use on wet hair like gel...then style....or on dry hair as wax(((great for guys and short messy girls hair))....i use it all the time at work and it is fucking awesome! lol

Originally posted by misk

...that's a cute cut.......with ones like that......they tend to look like more work then the really are....depending on your hair type.....choose a pre-blow dry product.....a smoother if curly or wavy and prob a mouse if straight or thin...........blow it out obviously flipping it up....then all u gotta do is use hairspray and finger style it too look piecey........u could use a wax also...but be careful not to use too much....hairspray....if the right kind can really work wonders.......OSIS elastic is great....very workable...

...another great product...i would DEFINITELY recomend for that and MANY other styles.....is new...matrix..switch trix.....it's a gel/wax combo....use on wet hair like gel...then style....or on dry hair as wax(((great for guys and short messy girls hair))....i use it all the time at work and it is fucking awesome! lol

Thanks for the tips! You are right, it definitely looks like more work then it is. I am really happy with it though. It is the closest to a picture I have ever asked for.