Clubplanet Nightlife Community

serious birth control ? for the ladies..

marcid21

Originally posted by Reeni

when i used to get the shot my arm would be sore for a couple of days but i gained sooo much weight from it also

i'm sorry hunny...see all the shit we go through, i hate this at times....i would do the patch, but come summer time i don't want anyone to see it, & i think i would forget to put a new one on after a week, cuz you aren't takin a pill everyday at the same time, so it's not really a routine that i could follow

well im in the rare category i took my pills everyday same time i never missed any

damn, now that is really scarey....if you don't mind me asking..how long were u takin the pill when this happened?? was it more than a year?

that was so long ago my daughter is now 6 i dont even remember the name of it

stuff has changed over the years, but that doesn't mean that us girls shoudn't be safe when havin sex even if we are on the pill...

hey girls i have a question i tought it was bad to keep taking the pill for long periods i used it 2 years then quite a few months so my bodie will relax but i start to taking it again ..... so my question is is it bad to use it for long periods like 6,. 5 years or so ?

Originally posted by scaredgirl

hey girls i have a question i tought it was bad to keep taking the pill for long periods i used it 2 years then quite a few months so my bodie will relax but i start to taking it again ..... so my question is is it bad to use it for long periods like 6,. 5 years or so ?

i never heard of this before....i have to go see my gyno in about 2 weeks & i can ask her..but if there was a problem with it, i think she would have told me by now...i reallu hope that's not the case though..cuz i can't afford to take a couple months off with the problems that run in my family :mad:

Originally posted by lollib

Well, I have been on for about 5 and a 1/2 years and love it- never had a complaint. I get no cramps and my period is lighter. I didnt really notice a change in hormones. This is my experience but it affects everyone differently. I have some friends who have gone off cause their PMS was crazy and they gained weight. Also, if you do go on and that one doesnt agree with you, you can always change types. I went to the gyno yesterday and he said that if I am having no problems on it, to stay on it. I dont think if your gyno or mine didnt think it was a good thing, they wouldnt suggest it. And yeah, you will know when you are getting your period every month which is nice.

I Agree!!!!!! 100%

Originally posted by therunner

PULL IT - BEST DAMN BIRTH CONTROL OUT THERE!! Fuck all those pills and shots and whatever, just yank that shit and blow it on her face!!

yeah, that's got an even higher failure rate than the pill, condoms, or both combined.

the pill when taken properly (i. e. every day at the same time without fail all the time) has a failure rate of like 3%, but under typical use (i. e. missing a day here or there, taking it a few yours late) it goes up to 12%. condoms are a little worse at 15% under typical usage. the pill plus a condom plus spermicide is the best bet, but abstinence is the only 100% protection against pregnancy. if you're not ready to deal with the possibility of having a baby, maybe you shouldn't be having sex.

Originally posted by marcid21

The Pill.

How many of you are currently on some sort of birth control? When you started taking it, did you notice a big change in hormones while your body was adjusting? How is that time of the month now? Are there less symptoms, are they less severe? And what made you decide to go on the pill in the first place?

Sorry, I know I only said one ques., but I'm having some issues about going on the pill, and my dr. is strongly for me taking it. I'll get into details as I get responses...I know each individual is different, but I'd just like to see opinions from different angles of the spectrum.

Spank you in advance :D

i work for an OBGYN so if u want u can PM me and ask me whatever u want , if u still have any questions

Originally posted by scaredgirl

its really only bad for people over 35 to take for a long period of time and its still good to take a break if it makes u feel comfortable every couple years for a few mos, but as long as u take care of yourself and arent a real heavy smoker or history or cancer or cysts in your family u should be fine