Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bliss productions / Jon Cowan - atten everyone

jcbliss

hello everyone

this is Jon Cowan from bliss here. I am really after the attention of all club owners, promoters and general fans of bliss and my sound.. If your not familliar with bliss and myself, let me tell you a bit.... We have been probably one of the most successful production companys and record labels here in miami as well as accross the United States - we were the first too bring the likes of Dave Seaman, Deep dish, Nick Warren , anthony Pappa, Quivver, Slacker,satoshi tommie, Steve Lawler, Parks & Wilson, Cevin Fisher, K-klass, PVD ect ect ect ect to miami. We had a residency for nearly two years featuring Dave Seaman monthly at groovejet and also hosted parties in conjunction with Renaissance at space and also hosted events with Cream. On the record label side we handled the stateside releases for artists such as Dave Seaman, Steve Lawler, Tarrantella, Jody (way out west) and Parks & Wilson to name a few.. Personally, I was resident at groovejet for almost 3 years on fridays and saturdays.. I was also responsible for all of the bookings and management at groovejet for nearly two years.. As a dj I have played everywhere - I have played in the UK for superclubs Renaissance, Cream and Slinky.. I have also played in countrys such as germany, ireland, Argentina, Dominican Rep., Aruba, Peru, Spain, and all across the USA to name a few.. although, not in the past few months in seems I was a regular in the main room of crobar, level, opium and space opening for several guests that requested me. I am also the USA resident for Renaissance and have been for several years.. The reason for this post is that I would love to do somethings locally - I'd love too do some bliss events and even more, I'd love too play somewhere... MONEY IS NO ISSUE! - I would do it for minimal cost or even for free just for my love of the music...Please, anyone with any suggestions please contact me at Jonnyk1@aol.com you can also learn more about bliss by going too www.blissproductions.com - anyways, thanks for your time and I hope too hear from some of you.. I've really appreciated the support I've gotten from most of you in the past and I hope to get continued support in the future.. by the way - my sound ranges from funky house too deeper melodic progressive stuff.. I also love my vocally bits... anyways ~

thanks in advance for your help

Jon Cowan

Bliss productions:tongue:

jon,

we need to meet up sometime next week. crazy how it is at home, huh? let's meet up and talk about touring. i am leaving agin in sept. for a couple of months to tour europe again. maybe we can do some kind of double bill thing. i think it's crazy that someone of your stature is posting on this board (but, i do it too)

GET WITH IT MIAMI!!!!!!!!

anyway, you have my info (if not, PM me)

paz,

stryke

hey greg,

thanks a million for the kind words...much appreciated man.. I still have your number so I will try and ring you tomorrow at some point.. we still need to do dominican together as well. Luis called me today actually about two dates, one in the city and one in the north for april.. I mention it too him and see if he's up for the double booking... anyways thanks again man - love to get the support as someone as talented as yourself sir.. and by the way, your so right - how crazy it is at home - LOL:blown:

it seems to me that bliss and friday nights in the main room at maze would be a perfect fit. at the very least once a month. jon, i dropped your name and suggested a bliss night a few times over there. did they ever contact you? if not, you should contact them. you and some guests in there once a month could bring a much needed injection to maze and the whole miami scene. it's been lacking that bliss feel recently! :D

hey james

long time no speak/see/hear - LOL - anyways - thanks for the kind words... bliss misses the beach as much as you say the beach misses us! I have spoken to some people at maze on a few different occasions but nothing ever seemed tooo come of it.. Oh well - anyways, get in touch when you can.. I'd love to chat and catch up.. oh yeah - if you get a minute, stop by Rain tonight... should be interesting...

best

J

jon,

if this does go off proper can we expect the usual bliss suspects on a regular basis again. its been way too long since july 4th to see kelvin andrews again.

he has an album comin up which I hear is absolutely fuckin wicked.

maybe a tour can be planned or somethin.

bring back Shem as well he always tears up the house.

hey ramon,

may be getting a bit ahead of yourself now but we'll see.. definitely like to bring some of the old school boys back into circulation.. give this beach a kickstart back too its roots! I'd love too do a bliss reunion party...You can only imagine who that would have on the lineup... the prob?? a venue - any suggestions?

Guest saleen351

Where QS meets QD = PE

Right now QS out strips QD therefore the PE shifts to the left, and the price is lowered. But Clubs and Djs are trying to keep 1999 DJ salaries and cover charges, and there is a huge drop off in QD..... This is a macro picture.

The world revolves around economics.. Till miami and club owners and djs understand we simply can't afford to go out right now with the current market, then prices will fall.

what?? too the stryke - jon cowan tour?? LOL - sounds good.. I am sure with the contacts greg and I both have and the places and people we've played for it will be quite the tour.. If possible - I am totally up for spreading the love and trying to help out our fellow locals.. come by tonight at rain - we'll discuss over a drink or two