Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yo Anyone Ever Been To Montreal??

I was up there for New years Eve last year and the club we ended up at were pretty awful. I think they were 'The Dome' and some place called 'Cathedral.'

I have a friend who goes to school up there and he says that Aria is the place to be. I was on their site recently and they bring in some big names on a regular basis. I think PVD is gonna be up there soon.

aria is hot - it has a great "all about the music" vibe - no dress code, no alcohol, no drama. The coolest dj booth setup i've ever seen (you can get right behind it and watch the spinna do their thing). they bring in top techno talent but no bullshit like the techno people here (e.g. you can wear floppy raver pants and wave glowsticks around and nobody will look at you like you're a leper).

another great club is sona, which does some pretty shady stuff to stay open afterhours legally - but its fun. check the hour or the mirror (free newspapers) that have good dance music events listings.

all along certain parts of st. laurent st there are cool bars and resturants for you to hang out @.

though judging by your post and your sig, it sounds like what you really want is club supersexe.

Originally posted by zeeker

From my experience, quite the opposite. Everything was much much cheaper up there.

nah I have been there and it is a bit more pricey than here i.e I bought cigarettes in 98 and it was 5 bucks a pack, and in 98 that was pricey. . . but if your going on vacation does it really matter how much it is?

:tongue:

in terms of raw prices everything is cheaper in montreal.... but the VAT and other taxes bring up the price by 15-20%. If you purchase things over $100, its worth it to fill out the form at customs and get the tax back... and then things are cheaper.

No question that Montreal is definetly cheaper that NYC....I just got back from there like a week ago and the conversion calculations that I was doing was $100 USD = $147 Canadian, and basically everyting was cheaper. In regards to cigarettes, i bought a pack from a machine for $9 Canadian, which is the equivalent of about $6 USD.

We lived like kings the whole weekend and didn't make a huge dent in the bank acct.

Aria and Sona are off the hook. Stereo is awesome too, but I think it's still a gay party.

As for strip clubs, Supersexe has some of the hottest women I have ever seen. If you are looking just to get some ass, try going to the more shady strip joints on St Catherine St.

I was up there for new years too zeeker! We ended up going to stereo to party. Pretty nice club, would go there again. 2 levels, although the dance floor wasn't too big. I heard Sona is nice playce...I hear they literally have faucets all over the club (if you know what i mean) although i don't know if that's true.

Naaa no passport is needed, just your lisence is needed. They didn't even search the car, a hot import that stands out. We coulda smuggled mad shit back in. As far as finding drugs we found trees right on the street easy as sin, and some kids were behind us looking for some slopes. I remember hearing that it was to hard to get some candy in Sona as well.

Bring your birth certificate w/ you when you go just to be on the safe side. The last time I went the border patrol was pissed that all we had were licenses... But they let us through anyway. As for strip clubs, Supersex if fun, but I prefered Chez Paree' for hotter women. More relaxed there and the VIP room there is better. I never bought candy up there... But at Sona it wouldn't be a problem. Probably 20 dealers on the first floor standing around like car salesman or something. And they have about 15 water faucets on the first floor that have cold running water, just have to buy one bottle all night!! They have alcohol early in the night, just never been there early enough to enjoy it. I would check to see who is DJ'ing at Both Aria and Sona and see what suits you more... both places are just as much fun as any NYC club.