Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Read any good books lately?

i haven't had time to read anything in a few months but i was talking to a friend about old favorites and i'd have to recommend "the beach" by alex garland.... if you've seen the movie with leonardo dicaprio already, it does the story no justice, the book is wayyy better...

I'm in the process of re-reading One Houndred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It's the story of a fictional town in Latin America; it follows one of the founding families through several generations. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but it's one of the most amazing books known to humankind, and the ending will blow you away... it literally gave me chills...

I just finished Macbeth and I'm working on King Lear right now.. :blown:

I read part of Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman.. it had it's interesting points, but I didn't like the way it was written.. it was too oversimplified..

Now I'm working on The Science of Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Mood by Stephen Braun which is a lot better read than the one above.. I'm not quite sure if I agree with the content, however, but it's interesting which ways that neuropsychopharmacology is going..

As you can tell, these are all school books.. I don't have time to read anything for fun with all the stuff they pile on me..

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb - A really great book. They refrenced my work in it I thought that was cool. It was about a girl who gorws up and overcomes her tirals and tribulations. Def. a girle book.

Right before this one I read - Good In Bed. Another girle book. About an overwight girl who excpets her body for what it is, and flals in love and gets hrut and yada yada yada.

One you may enjoy if the one I read before this one. It was a John Grisham, The Street Lawyer. READ IT. It's a great book about a well to do Laywer about to make partner in his firm and he leaves after being affected by a situation, making a less $ to help society. It s a good book and much more involved then this.

I love psychic things so I just read, Adventures of a Psychic by Sylvia Browne. Its an autobiography of her life and how her powers developed. It sounds weird, but it was good. I also read the series of books by David Pelzer, "A child called it", "The lost boy" and "a Man named Dave". They were so interesting. It was the true stories of the guy that wrote book and the abuse he endured. It was one of the worst cases of child abuse ever reported:(

Originally posted by psychosweetie

I love psychic things so I just read, Adventures of a Psychic by Sylvia Browne. Its an autobiography of her life and how her powers developed. It sounds weird, but it was good. I also read the series of books by David Pelzer, "A child called it", "The lost boy" and "a Man named Dave". They were so interesting. It was the true stories of the guy that wrote book and the abuse he endured. It was one of the worst cases of child abuse ever reported:(

That was a great series. I think it tool me thre days to read all of them.

reading the prophet by kahlil gibran...

read it before, but it's a good book to reread...about a man who leaves a community he has settled into, and the people ask him all these questions about things in life before he goes...the book is made up of his answers...to love, marriage, life, hate, etc...very good book...

Originally posted by perns2002

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb - A really great book. They refrenced my work in it I thought that was cool. It was about a girl who gorws up and overcomes her tirals and tribulations. Def. a girle book.

Right before this one I read - Good In Bed. Another girle book. About an overwight girl who excpets her body for what it is, and flals in love and gets hrut and yada yada yada.

One you may enjoy if the one I read before this one. It was a John Grisham, The Street Lawyer. READ IT. It's a great book about a well to do Laywer about to make partner in his firm and he leaves after being affected by a situation, making a less $ to help society. It s a good book and much more involved then this.

yeah i picked up Good in Bed at the bookstore but decided it was a lil too mushy...

other girly books that are a lil more light-hearted:

Confessions of a Shopaholic and the follow up Shopaholic takes Manhattan.

~will have you laughing out loud. :aright: read the first in one day (300 page plus)

i just started For the Glory - story of one football Class at Penn State, starting their freshman year and ending with their run at the National Championship.

i liked "confessions of a shopaholic" too, although it reminded me a lot of "bridget jones's diary," at least the whole romance part... still have to read the second one and i think a third one came out in london??

if you like chick lit like that, i suggest reading "jemima j." it's about an overweight woman who decides she's going to become a size 2 and move to california and live her dream life, eventually learning it's not all that it's cracked up to be... it sounds similar to "good in bed," i haven't read it so i can't be sure... "jemima j." isn't mushy tho... quite funny, good read

Originally posted by perns2002

I read this over the summer, loved it!

Oh and Mssabina, I also read Confessions of Shopaholic! ;)

I haven't had much time to read lately, except of course, my US Weekly (lol never miss it)....too much damn schoolwork these days :(

Originally posted by Mystify22

I read this over the summer, loved it!

Oh and Mssabina, I also read Confessions of Shopaholic! ;)

I haven't had much time to read lately, except of course, my US Weekly (lol never miss it)....too much damn schoolwork these days :(

Yes I enjoyed reading it very much........ He is a great Author. Do you know of anything else by him? Perhaps